The name speaks for itself. Many women have high hopes for the plant, and, as practice shows, not in vain. After all, miracles happen, even if the mystery of the magic power of the flower remains a mystery to everyone, but women's hearts find peace and family well-being.
The flower has juicy beautiful greens. Foliage glossy.
The noble plant will adequately decorate the interior of the house and will please the household with a favorable aura to create strong family ties.
To buy a flower for women’s happiness in Russia is a five-minute affair, but in order to really get the desired effect from the plant, the hostess will have to spend time and effort, care and affection, show patience and vigilance. Indeed, after a woman has taken a pot of flowers in her hands, she bears full responsibility for him, so to speak, takes fate into her own hands.
Photos of spathiphyllum at different stages of development can be found on the Internet, you can also meet in person at the flower shop and find out from a florist all the features of care for an unparalleled plant.
Flower feminine happiness: care at home
Happiness loves silence, and the indoor flower prefers to be in a secluded corner without too bright lighting.
Direct sunlight can cause significant damage to the plant. Care at home requires attention and care from the hostess.
If yellowness and a faded shade can be traced on the leaves, they become lifeless, lethargic, which means that it is worth thinking about changing the place of residence of the plant. That is the answer to the question why the leaves turn yellow.
Yellowed leaves should be carefully removed from the general bush, and with proper and proper care, the flower will bring positive emotions and good mood.
Women's happiness in the house. Benefits
- According to signs and beliefs, the power of the plant lies in the invisible creation of strong family ties, well-being in the house, and assistance in successfully carrying the child.
- Beauty and presentable. The plant with bright green leaves will perfectly fit into any interior and fill the house with fresh air.
- If you take good care of your friend, there will be harmony and grace in your family.
- The houseplant knows its owner, so your care and warmth will be generously rewarded.
No need to flood the plant in winter, the root system can freeze from a sharp temperature drop. It is best to use distilled water at room temperature, then the plant will feel comfortable and fruitful to develop.
In winter, it is not recommended to flood the flower, but in hot weather the plant will not give up a sip of water. A home flower can tell about its condition by its behavior.
If the tips of the leaves dry, there is a yellowness and loss of elasticity of the foliage, it is necessary to urgently water the plant and spray it with water. This therapy will help to quickly return the plant to life.
Zamiokulkas flower by nature loves humid air, so systematic spraying the foliage will benefit the plant. One irrigation for normal development is not enough, it is necessary to lure the soil and saturate it with useful trace elements.
Suitable universal feeding or specialized mixture for flowering plants. In the summer, when juice is walking along the foliage and an active process of flower growth is observed, it is necessary to give a “vitamin” as a portion of top dressing every seven days. In winter, it is enough to treat the flower female happiness every 15-20 days. The price of fertilizers depends on the composition of the mixture and the weight of the package.
How to transplant?
Transplantation - one of the most crucial moments in the life of a flower. The procedure should be carried out slowly, should be given maximum time and attention. How to and when to transplant?
Gardeners recommend land work with women's happiness in the spring. The procedure is simple, but the end result depends on your vigilance. In forums and on social networks, desperate housewives constantly create the theme “Flower is a woman's happiness, leaves turn yellow.” There may be several reasons for this process.
You do not need to be an experienced gardener to carry out primitive care and maintain the plant in proper conditions. It is important to understand what a young plant looks like, that is, it is necessary to know its age, and to start from this.
How much should you water a young plant and what kind of water? The answer is simple - separated water at room temperature. Watering plants at the root, in any case not on the leaves. If you keep the plant constantly in a sunny place, most likely, systematic drying of the soil leads to yellowing of the leaves. Care should be regular for the flower, only so the plant will be able to please the eye and serve as a living corner in the house.
The presence of a good drainage system - a pledge of normal growth and development of the plant, followed by flowering. When the water begins to stagnate, the root of female happiness begins to rot over time, respectively, this problem is reflected in the leaves.
You do not need a lot of intelligence and knowledge, it is enough to closely monitor the state of the plant and respond to all changes. In an adult plant, yellow leaves are observed after flowering, and this is completely natural, because the flower is a living organism and during the period of active development (flowering) lost much strength and was exhausted.
How to care for such a plant?
At the time of flowering can not be transplanted, on the contrary, you need to surround the plant with care. After the flower period, the recovery process begins, so yellow, weakened leaves can appear. They need to be carefully removed and allowed the plant to release new juicy leaves. Another factor is the yellowness of the leaves of aging plants.
First, you need to carefully sort out the root system and make sure that there are no rotted elements, then - to pluck the yellow leaves. In time, the flower will regain its strength and completely renew its luxurious green robe.
What is important for a flower?
Of course, care and care.
- Timely moderate watering, spraying the leaves.
- Transplant in spring.
- Top dressing by universal impurity for soil.
- The attitude of a woman to a living organism should be equal to her brainchild. It will not be superfluous to talk and caress the plant, because you have high hopes for it!
- Climatic conditions and temperature conditions. Air conditioning and ultraviolet rays from the sun can damage the plant.
- Pot. Refers to aesthetic properties and volume. So that happiness flourished, you need to pay attention to all the little things, including the choice of a decorative pot.
Why does not female happiness bloom?
For normal growth and development of the plant it is necessary to create all the conditions for active life. Humid air contributes to the fact that women's happiness began to bloom.
- Draft - the enemy for the plant. Try to choose a well-lit place in the house, but without drafts.
- Wrong pot. Female happiness does not like large vessels, by its nature it develops well and blooms if its root system is closely intertwined, and the roots are in contact with each other. No need to choose too bulky pot for the plant.
- Transfer - stress for any plant, so you do not need to disturb female happiness and continuously transplant. It is enough to loosen the top layer of soil and monitor the watering.
- Top dressing and fertilizer for plants can not only heal the flower, but also poison. Some housewives are trying too hard to feed the flower, and concentrated fertilizers play against the plant. All the features of fertilizers can be studied on labels from the manufacturer or get a detailed consultation of florists. When the flower has bloomed, it is not necessary to once again disturb and transfer it from place to place.
The beauty and luxury of a flower depends on attentive and reverent systematic care. A flower loves one hostess, take time to "talk" with a spathyllouwm, it will surely give you beautiful balls.
Transplantation of a plant should take place in a secluded place, because this is a very crucial moment for the further fate of the flower. No wonder the plant is called "female happiness", the flower really works wonders and helps to establish a woman's fate. Juicy greens look great in the house.
Do not forget to remove dust from the leaves, then the spathiphyllum will open in all its glory. Water the houseplant and clean it with pure thoughts, talk to it, surround it with attention and care.
Women's happiness in your hands, dear girls, take care of the flower and you will certainly know all the girlish secrets of a successful married life.
Types of spathiphyllum
During flowering, peculiar cobs appear, surrounded by a “veil,” which changes its color from white to pale green as it grows and develops.
Spathiphyllum has several dozen varieties that are slightly different in their growth characteristics. Some varieties are ready to please the hostesses with a whole mop of small flowers in size.
Others prefer not to spend their strength on a large number of flowers and are limited to large buds of no more than 7 pieces on a mature representative.
Among all the varieties on the window sills you can find the following varieties:
There are other varieties of spathiphyllum that should be studied before planting in their home, since mistakes can lead to decay and even death of a flower.
How to care for the flower "Women's happiness" after purchase?
As a rule, the majority of representatives is acquired in specialized floristry shops. Moving to a new place is a great stress for the plant, so during adaptation the flower should be given more attention.
Next, pay special attention to its irrigation and spraying. On the first day of purchase, the plant is watered. On the second day, you can spray. Transplant after purchase is carried out only in two weeks. In the case of flowering should wait for the end of this beautiful time.
Proper watering and spraying
In question, how to care for spathiphyllum at home, a special role is given to proper watering and spraying the flower. Here an important aspect is the regular spraying of the leaves of the plant. It is necessary to do this procedure at least twice a day.
Regular spraying can prolong the spathiphyllum bloom time, which is important. But on the cob with a spathe water should not fall. Otherwise, such actions will lead to the disease of the whole plant.
As for irrigation, there should be a little refrain from the frequency of the procedure. Watering the plant is recommended only when necessary: every time the topsoil is dry. Watering should also be discussed separately.
It is better to follow the advice of experts:
- Use only distilled water - soak it for at least 12 hours.
- It is better to water the plant by placing the pot in a container with distilled water. You can simply pour water into the pan.
- Do not overdo it with the frequency of watering - it will lead to the death of flowers.
- To prevent water from stagnating, follow the composition of the drainage. Give preference to broken brick or expanded clay, which has previously undergone heat treatment.
- If you notice drooping leaves, it means that the plant lacks moisture. Use the simple and effective way. Place a container of water next to the pot. It can also be used later for watering or spraying. A container of water can always stand near the plant, if you do not have the opportunity to carry out spraying procedures with the specified frequency.
- Red spots on the leaves indicate excessive soil moisture. Spots refer to the beginning of the rotting of the flower, indicate the rotting of the roots. Also stains may appear due to the use of cold water for irrigation. Water should be at room temperature, which is easy to achieve due to the need to defend it.
All the precautions presented and the rules for watering and spraying will help to achieve colorful and lasting flowering plants. Therefore, to neglect such actions should not be. As soon as you notice any deviations or unpleasant manifestations, immediately take steps to eliminate them.
When overflowing, for example, pause before further procedure. Limit the location of the container with water near the pot.
Light and suitable temperature
Illumination in the room practically does not play a role in growing spathiphyllum. Of course, you should not put a plant pot in direct sunlight or in the dark part of the room.
The location of the flower can play a fatal role in its growth and bloom. So, for example, a comfortable temperature for spathiphyllum is only +16 degrees in winter, and summer - + 22 ° C. It would seem that there is nothing easier than to set the pot on the window sill. But this can not be done.
Airing a room for a flower on the window sill can be detrimental, and the heat from a hot battery will darken the leaves. If the room does not have space and there is no other place for the spathiphyllum, during ventilation remove the plant from direct exposure to cold air and wind, and at other times keep it on the windowsill with the battery covered with a cloth.
Proper nutrition spathiphyllum
Nutrition spathiphyllum - an important feature in the flowering plants. Feed the flower should be a frequency of once a week during flowering. Use should be suitable formulations with low concentrations. It is also recommended sometimes to use the worm talker. In the dormant period, fertilizing is used once a month.
How to propagate spathiphyllum?
Unlike other indoor plants, spathiphyllum breeding occurs only by a rhizome. Doing division should be in the spring, just before flowering.
The root system is simply removed from the ground and is divided into several “daughter” processes. When dividing, care should be taken, because if the root is damaged, the flower may die.
Before breeding it is necessary to take care of the composition of the soil. Spathiphyllum Soil consists of sand, turf, leaf soil and peat in proportions 1: 1: 2: 2 respectively. It is possible to enrich the soil using charcoal. Such actions are carried out by some growers as desired. As a rule, their implementation does not fall into the status necessary.
How to transplant spathiphyllum at home?
On the transplant we are talking with the very beginning of the article. It should be noted here that the root system of the presented flower is quite sensitive and susceptible to any mistakes made, in particular damage. Therefore, the transplant procedure after purchase or, if necessary, carried out very carefully, in compliance with all the features of proper reproduction and division.
Spathiphyllum Transplant in order to increase the volume of the pot is held once a year, in the spring before flowering. It is better to choose flowerpots shallow, but oblong, because the root system prefers to grow sideways rather than in depth.
Spathiphyllum land should be selected taking into account the features described above (preparation and composition of soil for breeding). Before planting, the soil can be treated with a weak solution of potassium permanganate. For rooting plants provide him greenhouse conditions. So, the flower will soon take root in the new pot and bloom with new force.
What to do if the spathiphyllum does not bloom?
"Why is the spathiphyllum not flowering, but only leaves?" - A common question most beginners florist.
How to make spathiphyllum bloom? Follow these tips:
To determine, why the spathiphyllum does not bloom, lift the root system with a primer. Check the soil for moisture. Perhaps due to poor drainage or small holes in the pot moisture stagnates in the soil, which has already led to rotting of the roots.
Like all indoor plants, the spathiphyllum can "hurt." Here there are several common problems in growth and flowering, which include:
- Yellow leaves at spathiphyllum. As described above, the yellowness of the leaves is due to excessive watering. But here you should carefully look at the structure and features of the presented yellowness. If the edges of the leaves turn yellow, it means that the beginner florist makes a mistake by watering the plant with not settled water. Also, the lack of light affects yellowing - the edges of the leaves may turn yellow and "give" a yellow spider web to the middle.
- Why do leaves of spathiphyllum turn black? The blackness of the leaves is already a consequence of the beginning of the decay of the tips. If at the initial stage of the manifestation of the problem, the leaf tips were colored brown with a characteristic yellowness, it means that there is excess moisture in the soil. Sometimes you can see some black spots on the surface of the sheet - this also indicates excessive watering.
- Why do the tips of the leaves dry at spathiphyllum? The tips of the leaves dry out due to lack of moisture due to the lack of watering, and also due to exposure to dry air. Как уже отмечалось, цветок необходимо регулярно опрыскивать либо установить емкость с водой рядом.
- Почему у спатифиллума зеленеют цветы? Озеленение покрывала цветка у растения – естественный процесс и сигнализирует об окончании цветения. As soon as you notice that all the flowers have acquired the corresponding green color, they can be cut off on their own or left to fall. Leaves can also be processed if necessary (in the case of dried areas).
- If the green color of the cover formed slightly faster than expected (the end of flowering occurs in late summer - early autumn), means, in the soil the excess content of nitrogen is observed. Another reason may be hiding in excessive temperature in the room. Check both prerequisites to eradicate the problem. Try changing your fertilizer if it contains nitrogen.
- Sometimes it is possible to observe a sad picture in the form of not fully opened leaf. Such unpleasant phenomena are associated with the density of the soil. That is, it was rather tightly packed during transplantation, which now the root system lacks natural air circulation. Loose the whole flower, loosen the soil with the help of special tools for indoor plants.
All of these unpleasant phenomena in the growth and flowering plants associated with the admission of errors from the grower. To bring the spathiphyllum to its normal state, try to eradicate the problem by transplanting it into a new ground.
The root system during flowering is even more vulnerable than during dormancy. So wait out a moment and use a few other ways to eliminate the trouble.
Spathiphyllum - female happiness?
Omens and superstitions presented flower make you think about growing it at home.
Of course, nobody was engaged in the scientific substantiation of the above-mentioned peculiarity of the plant, but superstitions were firmly entrenched in modern society.
According to the signs, the spathiphyllum can solve such problems as:
If we talk about the benefits of spathiphyllum, then we should mention its danger to the tenants of the house where it grows.
We are talking about four-legged baleen friends who love wool pots and bite the leaves of plants.
Here it is - insidious female happiness ...
Flower "Women's happiness" - how to care for flowers?
In order for the plant to start blooming, it is necessary to provide the most important conditions for its growth and development. This is sufficient, but not excessive, amount of light, the required air temperature, watering, fertilization. And now - in more detail about each of these moments.
Location and lighting
Spathiphyllum "Women's Happiness" loves the light, but at the same time it is necessary to avoid direct sunlight on the flower, especially in summer. You can put a plant pot on the windowsill of the north window. If the Spathiphyllum is to be located on the southern window, on fine days it is blocked by a thin sheet of paper, tulle, gauze. You can also put it on a table or shelf - near the window.
The plant will suffer a lack of light, but its appearance may change for the worse: the spathiphyllum will begin to shrink, and its flowering will stop.
The optimal place for a flower pot is by the window facing east.
Temperature and humidity
With regard to temperature, "Women's happiness" is not at all capricious. It is optimal if the air is warmed up to + 20-25 C. But even on hot summer days the plant will feel good, it will withstand and + 30-35 C.
As for winter, the room can be pretty cool + 15-18 C. The natural decrease in air temperature in the winter period occurs in the homeland of spathiphyllum. It is important that the room was not below + 15 C.
Humidity is of secondary importance if the “Women's happiness” is watered properly. And yet, if the air in the room is too dry (especially often in the winter season, when central heating works), the batteries can be closed with a dense, damp cloth and changed as it dries.
Watering and sprinkling
Like other indoor plants, spathiphyllum is undesirable to irrigate tap water, just recruited from the tap. Water is first defended (during this process chlorine harmful to flowers comes out of it), it is warmed to room temperature.
Those who live in ecologically safe places can use rain or melt water for irrigation. Another option is to let the water through the filter.
In the summer, the Spathiphyllum is watered after 1-2 days, depending on the air temperature. In winter, watering is carried out less frequently: once in 7-10 days.
There is a sure sign that the plant should be “drunk” immediately. In this case, he begins to fall leaves.
If the owners have to leave for a few days, and there is no one to look after the flowers - the output can be pallets in which there are pots. They are filled to the brim with water.
Spathiphyllum leaves also require care: they need to be periodically cleaned with a damp cloth, or sprayed with a special small spray gun. It is important that direct sunlight does not fall on wet leaves - this can cause them to burn.
Necessary for "Women's happiness" mixture and dressing
Since the spathiphyllum blooms from about April to October, the main feeding is carried out at this time, about once a month. You can use any fertilizer for indoor plants, which are commercially available, and apply them according to the instructions. It is desirable to alternate with organic fertilizers.
In winter, during the period of rest, "Women's happiness" is not necessary to feed.
Once every 3-4 years, the flower is transplanted into a pot, somewhat larger in volume. This is a very important point. It must be remembered that the spathiphyllum will not bloom until its roots have covered the whole ground. Therefore, the size of the new pot should not be excessively large.
As for the soil itself and the transplant process, the following rules should be followed:
- it is best to replant the plant in spring, when it has not yet entered the flowering phase,
- Peat, humus and earth should be mixed in equal proportions. You can add a little river sand. The optimal ratio is 2: 2: 2: 1,
- bark, sawdust, charcoal are put on the bottom of the pot as a drainage
- Spathiphyllum is desirable to transplant together with a clod of earth, which is covered with roots.
For some time the transplanted flower should not be put on a well-lit place.
As you can see, to care for the flower "Women's happiness" is quite simple.
What is female happiness?
A houseplant such as a spathiphyllum does not have a stem, oval leaves alonegrowing right out of the ground. When it begins to bloom, a small cob on the stalk appears, and only then a graceful white bud is formed.
In general, female happiness belongs to heat-loving plants, which feel great only at a positive temperature of at least 18 degrees. His need to try to protect from drafts and cold.
Houseplant female happiness is of different types. There are 50 varieties in total. But in our country, as a rule, the following varieties are found:
- A flowering plant, reaching a height of at least half a meter. Differs from other beauty of flowering and abundance of leaves. Apply it in the form of a indoor flower growing in a pot, or for sale. The cut plant can stand in a vase for more than 30 days. This kind of blooms almost the entire year.
- Adorable Wallis flower 30 cm tall, refers to the dwarf species. Its white blanket is several times larger than the inflorescence, which after some time turns green.
- Plant with a greenish-white veil. This flower is shaped like a box. Its beautiful bloom comes in spring and summer. It blooms luxuriantly and abundantly.
As mentioned earlier, this plant loves warmly. Indoors, it is necessary to always maintain an optimum temperature for a flower of about 18-25 degrees. In cold weather, you can not allow it to fall below 15 degrees. In addition, do not allow drafts to take care of this plant, otherwise the indoor plant will die.
You should also ensure the correct microclimate with sufficient humidity for the spathiphyllum. In addition, it must be watered abundantly. For better flowering the plant requires a large amount of water. You should always keep the ground in a pot wet. If the moisture is not enough for him, then the leaves wilted, and the flowers will be ugly and faded. But an excess of moisture can also harm the spathiphyllum until it decays. For irrigation it is necessary to use soft and separated water. With properly organized watering, the plant will bloom well and grow.
The leaves of female happiness also need care, so they are regularly need to wipe with a damp cloth from dust and dirt. Use for this purpose detergents are not recommended, as they may damage their surface.
Although this flower is light-loving, a long lack of light does not affect it. However, constant shading can lead to a decrease in size and change in the shape of the leaves.
A pot with such a plant is best placed on a stand near a window or shelf. It is not necessary to put it on the windowsill, it is better to place the spathiphyllum on the table next to the window. It is the diffused light that has the beneficial effect on flowering and growth. When the summer on the flower of female happiness in the heat of the rays of the sun, need to shade window glass.
Plant with constant feeding will develop well. For such a flower suitable fertilizer, in which there are substances that accelerate its growth. For example, you can purchase a top dressing in the form of tablets. They are buried in the soil to a depth of about 2 cm. During watering, water will dissolve some useful substances from this fertilizer and saturate the roots of the flower. But remember that in winter, spathiphyllum feeding is prohibited because it is at rest.
Flower transplant procedure
A plant such as female happiness must be transplanted. True, not everyone can do it right.
For the flower you need always take a capacious tank, because he likes more freedom. The main thing is not to overdo it, the diameter of the pot should be only 3 cm larger than the volume of the rhizome. If you ignore this rule, you will hardly be able to see beautiful flowering.
Before you begin to transplant female happiness flower, you should prepare the ground: for two parts of the sod soil you need one humus, peat and sand.
When properly transplanted, the plant will give flowers after some time. If spathiphyllum blooms profusely and for a long time, it means that everything is correct.
Flower breeding methods
Propagate a similar plant:
- The method of dividing the bush
Rooting spathiphyllum cuttings should be in the wet sand. If you control the water and temperature, the roots form quickly enough. Then the stalk of a flower is planted in a pot, you can even create a greenhouse for it.
By breeding propagation of such a plant in the spring. During this period, new points of growth appear on its stem, which give rosettes of leaves. It is advisable to periodically subdivide the bush so as not to thicken the flower. The process must have three leaflets with a point of growth. For planting the land is made from humus, sand, leaf soil and peat. To improve drainage, can add crushed bricks. Even in the planting mixture, it is desirable to pour a little coniferous earth.
The flower is propagated by female happiness sometimes by seeds. True, to get them will have to artificially pollinate spathiphyllum. After that, you need to wait for the green peas to appear. Seeds need to be collected and immediately planted. They are covered with a film to prevent drying out of the soil and are regularly aired.
The difficulties of growing a flower
Of course, this indoor plant, like other flowers, is subject to various diseases. However, if you intervene in time, you can avoid complications in its bloom and further growth. When they began to notice on the spatiphyllum that the flowers wither, the leaves have acquired an uncharacteristic shade, and the flowering is absent or very rare, you should check:
- Lighting. Due to lack of light, the spathiphyllum is dimming.
- Watering. The yellow edges of a flower may indicate that the water they are not watered with does not suit them, especially if it contains a lot of chlorine.
- Temperature For such a plant, low temperature is destructive.
- The presence of various pests. If you notice that the plant dries out, then buy a remedy for parasites. When a spider web is found, you can be sure that the plant has attacked the spider mite. From pests should immediately get rid of, otherwise the flower will die.
- Earth When the leaves lose their tug, it means that the soil is dry, do not forget about regular watering.
remember, that with proper care for the plant female happiness, you can enjoy the magnificent bloom for a long time.
Why female happiness is not dissolved?
Spathiphyllum does not bloom unless you create suitable conditions for it.
- Pot size In the summer, flower growers transplant the flower into a larger pot. Transplanting is necessary if its roots occupy more than 70% of the pot and go beyond it. After transplantation, there are still no desired buds. What is the reason? In most cases, the reason - the wrong choice of the pot. He is more than necessary. Until the roots of the spathiphyllum fill all its space, it will not bloom.
- Lighting. If the flower is rearranged on the window sill, which is illuminated by the bright rays of the sun, it will not bloom. The same fate awaits those who rearrange him to a place where there will be no sun at all. The problem is diagnosed as the leaves and shoots. They should not be coiled and stretched.
- Temperature. Where there is a pot with a plant, there should be no drafts and cold air. In order for the buds to appear on it, keep the temperature within + 18-23⁰С.
- Lack of nutrients. The frequency of feeding a young plant is 2 times a month, and an adult is fed with microelements once a month. In winter, feeding is stopped.
- Bad ground. Due to frequent and abundant watering, the soil is compacted, and the roots do not receive oxygen. A transplant to another soil or loosening the old one will help.
- Diseases of the roots. If, in addition to the absence of buds, the grower notices the blackening of the leaves, then the roots of the spathiphyllum are rotten. If the leaves began to turn black recently, you can try to cure it by transplanting it into a new soil with the addition of wood ash and thorough washing before that with warm water and potassium permanganate of the roots.
Spathiphyllum does not bloom all year round. In most gardeners, it blooms once a year. Flowering period - from March to September.
Then you can see in the photo how the spathiphyllum blooms.
In which case you need to help the plant?
If Spathiphyllum was examined and did not see any traces of pests, if they did not replant it and did not change the conditions of detention, then they would help it to bloom using not cunning, but quite effective methods.
Sometimes they do not notice that thrips, spider mites or worms struck him. Only after having printed it, it will bloom.
Step-by-step instructions on how to get flowers
A healthy spathiphyllum will flourish if you give it a little shock. A pot with a plant put on the balcony or in a very cool room for 2 weeks. Prerequisite: in a new place for him, the temperature should not be higher than + 12⁰С. After 2 weeks, the pot is returned to its usual place and the plant is fed with special fertilizers.
Novices in floriculture often ask what needs to be done to spathiphyllum bloomed. There is such a method, namely, the use of liquid fertilizers for the Aroids (Kemira Lux, Uniflor-bud, Saint Paulius). The plant is fed 2 times a month from March to October. Before making additional feeding, carefully study the instructions. The composition of the purchased liquid fertilizer should be the least nitrogen.
Also he likes a flower when it is watered with a weak solution of bird compost or mullein extract. But with such a fertilizer it is better not to part, otherwise, instead of the desired flowers, the florist will see his petite wither.
Spathiphyllum does not bloom if the humidity in the room is low. If the florist notes that the air humidity is insufficient, he should create a comfort zone on his own. You can put a plant next to the plant.
Also put a pot with a flower on a tray with wet clay or sphagnum moss. Sphagnum moss and claydite evaporate water constantly.
Creating ideal conditions
To spathiphyllum bloomed, create ideal conditions for it.
- Do not replant it in a large pot. It should be more than the previous 5 cm in diameter.
- Avoid drafts and low temperatures in the room where the pot with a flower will stand.
- It is transplanted once every four years, not every year.
- Do not fertilize it in winter.
- Maintain the air temperature in the room within + 18-23⁰С.
- Water it as the drying of the top layer of soil.
What if the leaves turn yellow?
Spathiphyllum does not bloom if it hurts. One of the signs of the disease is yellowed leaves. They indicate overmoistening, but if it does not rot the roots, then they are a sign of lack of nutrition or excessive lighting.
How to care for the flower Female happiness, if the leaves turn yellow? If only the lower leaves have turned yellow, regulate watering. They dry out because the pot is close to the battery.
With prolonged flowering growers notice that the leaves have turned yellow. In this case, it's not about the wrong care. Длительное и обильное цветение истончает куст. Он растратил все силы и доступные питательные вещества на него. Первыми желтеют нижние листья, а потом и все остальные. Помогает подкормка минеральными удобрениями.
Problems and difficulties
During flowering, growers do not face problems and difficulties. It is unlikely that any of them will notice that the spathiphyllum blooms for too long. They will think that everything is normal. But in some cases, flowering is stopped.
This measure is required if the flower is on the south window and blooms with large flowers very abundantly. We'll have to rearrange it to another window sill or remove it from the window altogether if its lower leaves suddenly turn yellow.
If you notice that during flowering the spathiphyllum withers, all the buds are cut and the pot is removed from the window. Then they find out the reason why he fell ill.
Spathiphyllum care is not so difficult. And many gardeners do not have problems with its flowering. If the spring or summer buds did not appear, review the care of him, look, did the pests appear. If there are no signs of illness, they stimulate flowering by carrying the pot with the plant to the balcony, where it will be cooler than in its usual conditions.
Variety of species
Currently, more than 40 species of flower are known for women's happiness, but few of them are grown at home.
The flower reaches a height of 50-60 centimeters, has glossy dark leaves. The edges of the sheet plates are wavy, which makes them decorative and elegant. The stalk reaches a length of 25 centimeters and is equal in size to the peduncle. The inflorescence has a yellowish color, a white blanket and several times the size of the inflorescence. The flowering period falls on the end of spring - the beginning of summer, with proper care may re-bloom in winter.
On the basis of this species, breeders developed several hybrid varieties, differing in size of leaves and bedspreads, suitable for keeping at home.
- Spathiphyllum Sensation. This is a large plant that is well suited for keeping in large spaces. Its leaves reach a length of half a meter, leathery with a glossy surface. On the surface there is a pattern of veins, in connection with which the sheet resembles a feather of a fantastic bird.
- Spathiphyllum Domino. This is a variegated form. The surface of the leaf is covered with short strips of light green or yellow color, which give the flower a decorative look. This flower color is preserved if it is grown at home in a slightly darkened room. In the sunlight, the leaves acquire the usual green color.
- Spathiphyllum is blooming. The plant blooms throughout the year. The bush is low, the leaves are oval-shaped, dark green in color, slightly pointed. Plant height is up to 50 centimeters. Peduncles slightly rise above the green mass. With proper care, the plant blooms profusely. The inflorescence has a beige color, the cover is white.
- Spathiphyllum Helichelial. The leaves are painted in a rich emerald green color, the edges of the leaf are slightly wavy. The length of the stem can be one meter. Inflorescence and white cover, reach a length of 15 centimeters. Over time, the cob darkens.
The special properties of the plant
A woman's happiness will be associated with a lot of flower and superstition. It is given to women and girls. It is important that the owner of the plant does not buy it yourself. Many women keep this plant at home, because it is considered that it makes her attractive, tender and feminine. By giving, the flower of female happiness attracts men to the house and gives the hostess the opportunity to start a family.
The flower, located in the bedroom, gives the family peace, love and understanding. Also, according to signs, the plant female happiness helps a woman to more easily transfer the pregnancy.
Lighting and location
In the wild, the flower grows near ponds and swamps, so it needs very humid air, frequent watering and in large amounts of heat.
In this regard, for him to choose shaded place, protected from direct sunlight, which can cause burns on the surface of the leaves.
When caring for the plant should also be aware that in order to preserve the variegated types of spathiphyllum of their decorative qualities should ensure a sufficient amount of sunlight.
Watering and moisture
Spathiphyllum is moisture-loving. is he needs plenty of moisture in spring and summer, when there is an active period of growth. When watering should not allow the accumulation of water in the pan, as this may cause its stagnation and rotting of the roots.
Water should be completely absorbed into the ground. The next watering is carried out when the soil dries to a depth of 3-5 centimeters. In winter, watering is reduced and carried out after the land dries.
For irrigation it is recommended to use warm distilled water. In winter time water can be slightly heated.
If the plant does not have enough moisture, the leaves will quickly lose their decorative effect, will become shriveled. With increased water content of chlorine leaves may become stained.
Flower should be systematically sprayed
In case of insufficient air humidity, the tops of the leaves may blacken. Platinum sheets are deformed and dry around the edges. To increase the humidity of the air, you can place the pots with plants on trays with wet moss or small pebbles, but the pot should not come into contact with a wet surface.
Spathiphyllum Transplantation and Soil
For spathiphyllum, a loose, nutritious soil is needed that allows moisture and air to pass through well. Gardeners recommend using a ready-made substrate. You can also prepare a soil mixture yourself from equal parts of peat, humus, leaf soil and river sand.
At the bottom of the pot should definitely put a drainage layer consisting of expanded clay, pebbles or broken shards.
Young plants are transplanted annually in early spring, when the growing season begins. Adult plants do not need a large volume of capacity, because their root system is small in size. A transplant is needed once every 3-5 years. If necessary, you can replace the top soil layer by removing the old soil to a depth of three centimeters.
Plant nutrition is carried out throughout the year. In spring and summer, during the growth period, the plants are fed once every 15 days, in the winter - once a month. Complex fertilizers with a high content of phosphorus, nitrogen, potassium, manganese and phytohormones are well suited for top dressing.
A positive effect on the decorative qualities of the plant has a foliar dressing. Spraying is carried out the next day after watering. After the procedure, protect the plants from sunlight or spray the flower in the evening.
The plant is easy to breed. Usually it is propagated by cuttings and dividing the roots.
Leaf propagation method is not suitable for spathiphyllum.
Reproduction by cuttings - This is the easiest and most common method that allows you to get independent young plants, as well as improve the appearance of the main bush, making it more dense and decorative.
As planting material can be used tops and side shootshaving points of growth. For rooting suitable cuttings 15 centimeters long with a small amount of leaves.
Rooting is carried out throughout the year, but the most favorable time for planting is the beginning of spring.
Division of rhizome
This method is also simple and convenient if the plant has many side shoots. When dividing the bush is required to carefully handle the plant. For planting use young shoots, which have well developed roots. Plants are deposited in separate containers and covered with a jar on top to create conditions for full rooting. Care at this time will consist in timely watering and spraying.
Where to put the pot with female happiness?
Spathiphyllum likes soft lighting, so south windows should be left for other colors. In summer, the plant will feel good on the northern windowsill, while in winter it will be a little dark there.
From lack of light, female happiness will not disappear, but will cease to bloom, and new leaves will grow small. Therefore, for the period when the daylight is short, the pot needs to be moved to the east side. There is more sun, but at the same time there are no direct rays from which ugly spots appear on the leaves.
As for temperature, the spathiphyllum is a fairly resistant plant. It carries the summer heat up to 35 degrees Celsius well, and in winter it will survive even at 15 degrees (but not lower).
The only requirement for women's happiness is humidity, especially if the room is dry. To bring the conditions of detention to the natural, you need to regularly wipe the leaves with a damp sponge. You can also spray them periodically.
How to care for the flower of female happiness?
Spathiphyllum in the care will not take a lot of trouble, the main thing - do not forget about the flower and timely conduct such procedures:
- Watering. The flower loves water, so in summer it should be “watered” every two days. You can water directly into the pot, but you need to try to prevent the jet from reaching the center of the bush. In winter, when the room becomes cool, such frequent watering is not needed and may even harm. During this period, it is enough to moisten the soil once in a row.
- Top dressing. In the nutritional land, female happiness can grow without fertilizer. However, in order for the bush to develop more actively and to bloom, it is advisable to introduce mineral complexes once a month. This can be done from mid-spring to mid-autumn.
- Transfer. Spathiphyllum does not like frequent relocations, so it is enough to replant a bush every three, in early spring. It is better to use the method of transfer, while the pot should not be too large.
In conclusion, I would like to add that women's happiness blooms only when the roots grow and completely entwine the whole earthy ball that is in the pot. Another plant does not like drafts, however, like other indoor pets. For the rest, it is absolutely not demanding and is able to deliver only the pleasure of contemplating delicate white bedspreads on a long peduncle among bright dense foliage.