Words can not convey the feelings and emotions that appear at the sight of these amazing colors. Properly carried out planting rose curb and subsequent quality care will allow for a long time to enjoy its delicate aroma and fragrant views in the garden.
Border roses features
Curb rose - this is a medium-and undersized bush varieties, different from our usual roses, differing in height, petals, multiple abundant flowering. Its bushes do not exceed 60 cm. They are compact, do not take up much space, and their plantings beautifully frame the site with a picturesque border. Growing roses in the garden provides him with a unique and elegant look.
Rose petals have a terry base. Striking variety of colors. It can be buds of the same color, or a combination of the two. There are varieties whose color varies during the season. Thus, in the “masquerade” variety, the color from bright yellow gradually turns into pink, and in autumn it becomes dark crimson.
Bordyurnye roses are considered unpretentious in growing culture, easily tolerate transplantation, quickly take root, withstand frost.
Miniature roses are appreciated by designers and landscape architects. They use them for decoration of streets, parks, urban areas, recreation areas, “dry streams”. Flowers are perfectly combined with many garden plants. One of their features is that they grow beautifully both in the garden and on the windowsill in a pot.
How to plant?
Planting curb roses - the process is simple, but the gardener needs to know a few important points.
Landing should be carried out in an area protected from gusts of wind. It should be enough sunlight. A strong wind will take moisture from the crop, and its lack will affect growth and flowering. This condition is important and roses growing in pots. The effect of the wind effect is enhanced because the roots have a limited area of soil from which they could compensate for the lack of moisture.
You can not plant it on the site, where before that for a long time other members of the Rosaceae family grew. The effect of “fading of the soil from roses” occurs when it is severely depleted by these plants and there may be fungal disease spores, viruses and pests.
Miniature beauties are undemanding to the composition of the soil. They grow on any soil, if it is not too dry, dense and swampy. Before planting, it is recommended to improve the soil by mixing it with drainage or organic fertilizers.
The best time is the beginning of spring, when the soil warms up a little. Such an early planting period makes it possible to develop well during the season, take root in the roots and then easily transfer the winter.
While the plant takes root in a new place, it is better to cover its young bushes for the night. This will protect the immature and weakened bushes from night frosts.
Planting is done in a pit, the size of which should slightly exceed the diameter of the root system to be planted. When planting the roots gently straightened, their neck deepens into the soil by only 3-5 cm.
The optimum distance between seedlings is 25-30 cm. After planting, the soil around the bush is gently compacted and watered abundantly.
How to care for a flower garden?
Caring for the rose border will not cause difficulties even for those who grow it for the first time. If the basic requirements for pruning, watering, feeding are met, the plant will thank for its good growth and lush flowering.
Miniature roses need regular but non-sufficient irrigation. We can not allow drying and waterlogging of the ground. Watering is best done in the evening, using sun-warmed and separated water.
Do not allow water to enter the aboveground part of the plant. It should be watered at the root!
Growing roses is not without fertilizing. It is necessary to feed miniature plants several times. To do this, use fertilizers designed specifically for Rosaceae or other ornamental flowering plants. You can use organic: horse-dusted manure. It is mixed with the soil and stacked under the bushes. No other manure should be used, as the roots can get burned.
Good effect on miniature roses in spring and autumn making compost. It unfolds under the bushes at the rate of 5-6 kg per m 2.
With the formation of the first buds, the plant can be fed with calcium nitrate (1 tablespoon per bucket of water). This fertilizer has its own characteristics of use:
- before watering roses should be watered well, so as not to burn them,
- after feeding - water again,
- the time of the procedure is morning or evening (when the heat subsides).
Additionally, every 15-20 days can be fed with mullein, mineral fertilizers or infusions of herbs. In September liming is necessary.
In the hot, dry summer, top dressing is rare, in the rainy - frequent and abundant. Young plants in the 1st year after planting are fed only in spring and autumn.
Care on hot days
Miniature roses do not tolerate rainy and very hot weather. It causes them stress. During this period, “reanimators” will help to “cheer up” the plants: “Zircon”, “Epin”, “Ekosil”, potassium humate.
It is important to protect the culture from overheating. Increasing the temperature above 25 ºC leads to overheating of the roots and the deterioration of the roses. Peat and hay, laid under the bushes will help to cool them a little.
Care includes another important point - competent pruning. It consists in the removal of damaged and dry shoots, in the formation of a beautiful and regular above-ground part.
To prevent rotting and rapid damage to the cuts, it is necessary to use a clean and sharp pruner when cutting.
Pruning is 5-8 mm higher from a healthy kidney. This procedure can be carried out all season. In the last pruning shortened stretched new shoots and buds.
If the shoot is damaged, it is cut from the top between 2-3 leaves. With grafted roses, it is important to cut wild shoots. Eliminating the "wilderness" above ground level will not give the result - it will grow again. Proper pruning is the removal of wild shoots from the very base (from the root collar).
In order for the bushes to grow in proportion, in the 1st year of their life, it is necessary to pinch all the shoots that appear after 4 and 5 leaves, remove the buds. In the “old” bushes, the central shoots growing vertically are not cut, only the side shoots are slightly trimmed.
Preparing for the winter
Despite the fact that many varieties of curb rose withstand cold, for the winter they need to be warmed. But first, all shoots and fallen leaves are removed. The first night frosts are a signal to start warming. The sequence is as follows:
- spud the plant, and the height of the earth mound should not be less than 20 cm.,
- put branches of spruce or pine around
- on them, carefully pressing to the soil, lay shoots,
- top cover with dry leaves or spruce branches.
Many gardeners to insulate roses make the frame and cover it with a water-repellent material (roofing material, insulating paper), folded in several layers. From above in addition stack a polyethylene film. As soon as spring begins to thaw, the flowers can be opened.
Diseases and pests
Any plants, including curb rose, can be attacked by insects and hurt.
Neighborhood with many plant species can prevent the appearance of insect pests. If the roses are planted next to marigolds, sage or onions, they will never be caterpillars, aphids, sawflies, spider mites.
For the purpose of prophylaxis and with a single lesion, rose bushes can be sprayed with infusions of onion, yarrow, garlic, calendula, and sprinkle ashes around the ground. If the pests still appear en masse, you should not immediately run for the chemicals. First, you can try natural, less rigid means.
In 10 liters of hot water, dissolve the soap and add a few sprigs of wormwood, mix, boil for 15 minutes. After cooling the solution once again mix everything, strain and spray the bushes.
If after treatment the pests have not died, the repeated spraying can be repeated in 5-7 days.
When natural remedies fail and insects spread, insecticides can be used:
- against spider mite - "Sunmite",
- against aphids, caterpillars and sawflies - “Mospilan”, BI-58, “Aktofit”, “Aktara”.
Miniature roses have a high susceptibility to disease:
- powdery mildew,
- black spot
It is easy to warn them. It is enough to spray it with a solution of copper sulfate (3%), DNOC (1-3%) or nitrophenol (2%) before sheltering a culture for the winter and after disclosing it.
If an infection has occurred, the following remedies are used in the treatment.
- Water-soluble sulfur (1%), Bordeaux mixture (1%) are effective against powdery mildew.
- Copper oxychloride (0.2%), Bordeaux (1%) mixture will help get rid of black spot.
- Rust can be cured with water-soluble sulfur (1%) and copper oxychloride (0.2%).
- Spraying with basezol (0.2%) or copper chloroxide (0.4%) will help to cure an infectious leaf burn.
Some fungal diseases (for example, powdery mildew) occur if the care and planting conditions are violated: the bushes are planted close to each other, and there is plenty of watering.
When caring for a plant, it is important to regularly inspect each one, tear off “suspicious” leaves and burn them, timely cut off the dry branches so that diseases or pests from one infected plant do not go to neighboring ones.
Treatment brings a quick and effective result if it was started at an early stage of the disease when the lesion was isolated.
Reproduction by cuttings
It is considered the easiest way. From May to July, it is possible to cut semi-lignified shoots, divide into parts so that 2-3 buds remain on each of them. All leaves on them are shortened by half.
Each shoot is planted only after 3-4 hours of aging in a root-forming solution. The distance between them when planting 30-35 cm. Then each shoot is watered abundantly and covered with a container (glass jar, large plastic bottle). In such a "greenhouse" they are about a month and a half. All this time it is necessary to water them regularly. When the shoots will give roots, they can be dug out and transplanted to a new place in the garden.
The seed growers resort to the breeding of curb roses very rarely, because it is a long and troublesome process.
All collected (purchased) seeds are planted at a temperature of +20 ° C for 2 weeks before planting. Sow in a container with fertile light soil they can be late autumn. Seeds are buried 0.5 cm deep. It is important to maintain the temperature for them from +3 to +5 ° С throughout the winter. In late spring or in the first days of summer, the seeds will begin to germinate.
When buying seeds, the main thing is not to make mistakes. It is necessary to pay attention to the following factors.
- Shelf life. Overdue seeds may not fully rise or not sprout at all.
- Color purchased varieties. Selected miniature roses should be combined with plants already growing in the garden, suitable for their color.
- Longitude flowering. In all varieties, it is different: some are early, others later flowering. It would be nice if the selected variety of roses will complement the general flowering of plants.
- Requirements for planting and care. To get active growth and flowering, you need to know the basic rules for growing the purchased variety.
- Landing time. This is also important, since many species are grown indoors for a while before planting in open ground.
It is necessary to buy seeds only in a specialized store or point of sale, so that it does not work out that rose hips will grow instead of roses.
Do not feel sorry for the time spent growing roses in the garden. Miniature plants in response to the care and care of them will delight everyone with their long and lush flowering.
Curb Rose: Shrub Description
This plant is excellent for decorating a garden, garden plots and for planting along fences, paths or curbs. Some lovers grow this type of rose right at home. For the first time, this variety of roses appeared in Europe and consisted of only one species.
Today the situation has changed dramatically, and curb roses have at least hundreds of unique varieties that meet the tastes of even the most fastidious flower lovers.
The main characteristics of border roses
- Very different from the classical representatives of this species in their size they are short shrubs, the height of which does not reach seventy centimeters.
- This is a compact plant.which takes up very little space, which is especially beneficial for those areas that have a small free space.
- With proper fit, the plant takes root extremely quickly in a new place.
- Unlike other varieties of roses are not so whimsical in the care that can not fail to please novice gardeners who know little about the proper care of decorative roses.
- Curb Roses perfectly tolerate the change of temperature regimes. Particularly beautiful miniature shrubs tolerate wintering, which is achieved by fully covering the shrub with snow in winter. Therefore, in order to preserve roses until the next flowering season, there is no need to create complex structures to protect the flowers from frost.
- Curb Roses are Different abundant and sufficiently long flowering period, which distinguishes this variety from among the many other subspecies of the plant.
- This kind of roses has a huge number of different varieties, which differ in their size, color intensity, colors, shape and other important parameters.
- Petals of delicate flowers Roses have a characteristic rough surface, are owners of unusual edges and shapes. The color of the flowers may change from time to time depending on the season. There are varieties that offer two colors of buds on one shrub.
- Characteristic featurepeculiar to curb roses is the possibility of growing them directly in apartment conditions.
- Rose flowers blend beautifully with other garden flowers and plants.
All varieties of curb roses, despite the fact that they belong to foreign breeding, have long been adapted for domestic climatic conditions.
Basic landing rules
In order to grow healthy roses, it is necessary to take into account some of the main nuances of their planting.
- First, you should never plant roses in places where rose bushes have already been growing for a long time. The fact is that in this place there can be harmful bacteria or insects that can greatly harm the plant.
- Secondly, the place where you plan to plant shrubs must necessarily be well lit. Moreover, the landing area must be selected in such a way that the place is not affected by strong drafts and winds.
- Thirdly, border roses, in order to root well in the soil and take root in a new place, should be planted in early spring.
- Fourthly, it is necessary to choose the right soil for planting plants. However, gardeners should be immediately reassured - this type of decorative roses is quite unpretentious to the soil, however, it must meet certain requirements: you should not plant roses in wetland, too dry or dense soil.
- Fifth, before planting a rose in the hole, you must first put nutrient fertilizers. Also at the bottom of the pit, before the direct landing, it is best to lay a thick layer of drainage from coarse gravel or small pieces of brick.
- Sixthly, with regard to the depth of the hole for planting a shrub, you should know that it should not be too large - ideally, the diameter of the planting pit should be slightly larger than the diameter of the roots of the shrub. This parameter is individual and depends entirely on the size of the plant.
- Seventh, when planting a shrub in a planting hole, it is necessary to straighten the roots very carefully, and to bury the root collar should be no more than four centimeters.
At the end of the planting process, the soil must be carefully compacted and carefully watered. If these simple rules are followed in the process of planting, then in a short time you can enjoy the gorgeous view of the rose border.
How can I propagate curb roses
There are several main ways of breeding shrubs.
- Most troublesome and a less popular way is planting roses with ready-made seeds. It is important to note here that before planting seeds in the ground, they must be germinated for two weeks at a temperature of +20 degrees at home. In the second half of autumn, germinated seeds should be planted on fertilized and fertile soil in a special container that can be covered. The depth at which roses can be planted should not be more than 0.5 cm. That the plant has got accustomed, it is required to keep temperature about five degrees of heat at first. If these requirements are met, the first shoots should appear at the beginning of summer or at the end of spring.
- The most popular и наряду с этим простой метод размножения – это высаживание черенками. Лучший период для этого – начало мая конец июля. Seating requires cutting the cuttings so that at least several buds remain on each part. Well, in order to speed up the process of root germination, it is best to first soak the cuttings in a special root-forming fluid before planting. It is recommended to plant in the soil, which can be covered with any capacity, for example, a can. Planted cuttings should spend at least four weeks under cover. And only after the roots have been planted and the cuttings are properly strengthened, it will be possible to plant them in the planned place, where they will continue to grow.
- If you breed roses by dividing the shrub and planting the finished seedlings, it will be necessary to create appropriate conditions for them. It should be planted on fertilized soil, immediately covering the seedlings with glass containers to create the effect of greenhouse conditions. And only after one and a half or two months, as soon as the seedlings are strengthened, they can be transplanted to a permanent place.
Rules for the care of curb roses
To garden for a long time pleased the eye with an abundance of beautiful roses, you need to be able to properly care for shrubs. As for the rules of care, they do not cause any difficulties.
- Compliance with the temperature regime - this type of roses is grown at a temperature of no more than eighteen degrees.
- Around the bushes always need to timely remove all weeds. Systematic weeding will help not only to create the effect of grooming, but also help to protect the plant from pests and various diseases.
- Also, when wilted buds, leaves, or broken stalks appear on the shrub, it is necessary to remove them from the shrubs in time.
- To ensure the correct growth of the shrub and fertilize it with fertilizers, it is necessary to produce pruning in time. Therefore, the old branches must be immediately eliminated - this approach will help to keep the shrub constantly flowering. It is recommended to perform cutting with a well-sharpened shears, in order not to damage the branches, and to give room for new shoots to sprout.
- Care also consists in timely watering of bushes. It should be remembered that the water for irrigation in any case should not be too cold. The ideal solution would be to water the plant with settled water. To saturate the plant liquid is best in the early morning or evening, when the sun does not burn much. Excessively moisten the soil should not, as the plant may rot. But it is also impossible to allow it to dry out, otherwise it can quickly wither.
- Curb roses require a systematic inspection that will help protect them from infection by bacteria or harmful insects. At the first signs of infection of the shrub, it is necessary to treat them with a special tool designed for such situations. You can buy plant protection products at any specialty store.
- In order for the plant not to hurt, it must be periodically fertilized with organic and mineral supplements.
- In the event that the rose, due to high temperature differences, began to grow dull and wilted, it is necessary to fertilize the shrub with special compositions intended for quick recovery. Zircon, potassium humate or Ecosil are considered very effective.
- If a cold winter with severe frosts (over -12 degrees) is foreseen, it is recommended to cover the shrubs with fir branches and warm them with foil.
If you do not forget to carry out timely care for curb roses, they will delight for a long time with their wonderful aroma and unique look.
Prevention and treatment of diseases of curb rose
As you know, the disease is easier to prevent than to try to cure it. Therefore, the most important advice is that the rose should be systematically observed, and when the slightest signs of infection appear, take appropriate measures.
In order to prevent the infestation of roses by pests or diseases, the following rules should be followed.
- Twice a year, before opening the rose after hibernation or covering it for the time of frost, it is necessary to treat with 3% copper sulfate, DNOC and nitrophene.
- In the event that traces of damage are still found on the bush, it should be sprayed:
- when infecting a rose with an infectious burn, you can use foundationol or copper chlorine,
- if traces of powdery mildew are found on the shrub, it must be sprayed with bordeaux mixture or water soluble gray,
- if pests attacked the rose, treatment with special BI-58 compounds, actophyte or mospilan is required,
- a solution of a water-soluble mixture or copper oxychloride will save from rust damage,
- Bordeaux liquid or copper oxychloride will help get rid of traces of black spot,
- to save the shrub from spider mites will help the drug "Sunmite", "Flumayt" or "Demit".
It must be remembered that the sooner the disease is detected, the more effective the treatment of shrubs will be.
Do you have border roses? How do they look?
A distinctive feature of these roses is abundant flowering, an unusual shape and fluffy petals. During the season, they bloom again, they take root well under different conditions, they are not afraid of frost and belong to unpretentious colors. City parks are decorated with such flowers, and now they are very much in demand for planting in private garden plots. Curb rose highly valued by landscape designers for their originality and decorativeness. They plant such roses in March. All border roses have a small growth, they are also bush plants, which are very easy to care for. These flowers do not require sophisticated technology for planting and further growth.
Rose petals have a terry base, as well as small fluffy bushes that bear fruit for a long time. In the year you can see 3-4 flowering changes.
You can plant them in beds, lawns or gardens. There are many different varieties of border roses. Here, as they say, to your taste and color.
Curb rose can also look great in your house on the windowsill, which is well lit and does not have a draft. This is a wonderful gift for ladies.
If you decide to plant roses at home, then you will not need to warm them. It is enough just to water and sprinkle the plant out of the sprayer in time.
Curb rose propagated by seeds and cuttings. If you are an experienced gardener, you can work with seeds, and if you are a beginner, then it is better to buy a cutting and plant.
Curb Rose: Reproduction and Care
For breeding, it is very important to choose a flower bed that is well lit by sunlight. Curb rose loves sunbathing all day long. Also, the saturation of the color of the flower depends on the sun. But with all this, the landing site must be protected from strong winds. It should be said that curb roses do not withstand damp and can deteriorate during planting.
But if you have a poorly lit flower bed, and you really really want to plant a curb rose, then you have to work on lighting the flower bed. Now for this there are many ways.
When planting must take into account the time of year. It is better to plant roses in early spring so that their root system develops well and becomes stronger in the ground. If conditions allow, you can plant in the fall, and in the spring to transplant the already gorgeous rose bushes.
Do not forget about the elementary soil loosening. Curb rose, like other plants, loves him very much.
After planting, it is advisable to arrange rose greenhouse conditions in order to protect the rose from temporary frosts.
How to insulate curb rose when planting?
Since the rose is a small plant, its warming will not be so complicated. When planting for the first time it is covered with a cut bottle or jar. If you have a greenhouse on the plot, then plant a rose there, so that it will get stronger and not freeze.
Just do not forget about watering and caring for her. By the way, excessive weather changes can affect the cutting not for the better.
Rose Curb: Description
Graceful and compact border roses - this is a botanical culture that is worthy of a place on your backyard. These beautiful flowers are small in size. They are planted in small bushes around the selected lawn. They are distinguished from ordinary roses by fluffy terry petals having a complex cut and an unusual shape. All this creates a unique look on the site for a long time (with proper and high-quality care). They tolerate cold winters, as they are completely covered with snow due to their low altitude.
We want to please fans of planting roses in the apartment. These flowers can be planted indoors, in a regular pot. In more detail how to plant a curb rose in house conditions, we will talk a bit later.
Delicate orange-apricot shades of small terry inflorescences looks very impressive. Since these roses belong to the border varieties, they are not more than 50 centimeters high. The plant is an upright, actively branching shrub. There is a variety of this variety - Apricot Clementine. The differences of this variety are that beautiful umbrellas of flowers with a soft apricot shade constantly appear on it.
Many gardeners fell in love with these roses for the unusual shade of their petals - lemon, sometimes turning into red or pink. The height of the bushes is not more than 40 centimeters, they are quite compact, which allows owners of small areas to keep the area. These border roses, the photos and the name of which you see in our article, are good because they easily tolerate the winter and bloom rather actively.
This grade will be ideally suited for a creation of a small and low fence. He is quite young - he was bred at the beginning of the 20th century. Debut resistant to frost, almost not subject to disease. As the plant grows, its petals grow darker.
This border rose will not go unnoticed due to its unusual color. The flower has petals of bright red color, and the reverse side of the petals is colored silver.
Unusually delicate roses with double flowers of white-pink or pure white color will conquer you with light and delicate aroma. Pixie petals have pointed edges that look very impressive and compare favorably with other plants. This variety has gained popularity among gardeners because of the continuous flowering all summer.
The variety is known for its coral-pink petals, forming a fragrant flower. One inflorescence can consist of up to fifteen flowers. Bushes upright, up to 40 centimeters. The variety is intended for planting in groups.
The plant belongs to the class of curb roses. Color - most often orange. The flowers are not large (diameter up to 4 cm). Shrubs do not exceed 50 cm in height, and their width is about 40 cm. Faded flowers must be constantly removed and to prevent the formation of fruits. This usually stimulates re-flowering. Orange baby is used in flower beds for edging, as a border plant.
Rose bordyurnaya, care for which will not be easy. Color - orange, with a thin red edging. The flowers are quite large in diameter more than 5 cm. The bush grows to 70 cm, with a width of 40 cm. Roses grow steadily, are immune to diseases.
The plant belongs to the class of curb roses. The color of the petals is usually white. The diameter of the flower is about 4 cm. Successfully blooms again. In height, the plant grows up to 50 cm, its width is 30 cm. The flower has a large number of petals, which is more characteristic of hybrid tea plants. It is intended for cultivation at home (in pots), flower beds, in combination with other low-growing plants.
Bordyurnaya rose with the original coloring - the salmon center with a thin green edging. Flowers up to 4 cm in diameter. Well blooms again. The bush grows to 70 centimeters. This rose will suit those who are tired of the usual spray. This plant blooms almost constantly. Looks great on the site with other plants of its group.
Curb rose, petals of dark red color. It has dense double flowers, up to 4 cm in size. It differs from other plants of its class in the flat shape of the flower bowl, which gathers into large inflorescences (up to 8). Resistant to diseases and pests. It belongs to curb roses of medium height (not more than 50 cm). It is used for planting in flower beds, allowed for home cultivation.
Curb rose dark red color. Terry flowers in diameter of about 4 cm. The bush can grow up to 70 cm in height and 50 cm in width. This beautiful rose is distinguished by almost black elegant buds with a typical floribunda shape. Blooms longer with little watering.
Spectacular curb rose bright red hue. Differs from other plants in beautiful shaped flowers. They are terry, up to 6 cm in diameter. Create large inflorescences, have a weak aroma. Compact bushes can grow up to 80 cm in height. The leaves are small, shiny, dark green. Blossoms quite abundantly active until frost. Disease resistant, but needs prophylactic treatment.
Bordyurnye roses planting and care for which are quite simple, still need to know some of the "secrets". When planting roses, pay special attention to the fact that the site is well protected from the wind and at the same time well lit.
Curb roses need light and fertile soil. Planting and care (as you see in our article) behind them suggests the need to deepen the seedling into the ground by three to five centimeters. The distance between the bushes should be at least twenty centimeters.
It is important that the winter has grown enough, well developed and strengthened the root system, thanks to which the curb roses will endure the winter well. Planting and departure in the spring are fully justified. Planting is necessary at the very beginning of spring. At the beginning, cover the small seedlings with a covering material. Do not worry, the flower will not suffer from the small spring frosts.
Planting roses in the spring (subject to certain rules of care) will allow your favorite flowers to maintain a beautiful view for a long time. What needs to be done to the plant actively bloom and develop?
Border roses are interesting for many novice gardeners. Planting and caring for them most often depends on the variety that you choose - some bushes bloom from early spring to late autumn, others bloom two months a year, and still others bloom twice a year. For these plants, the conditions of the garden are almost ideal, since it is for such a soil that they are intended.
It is important to carefully monitor that the plant does not appear various diseases and pests. Roses need timely pruning - then a miniature flower will look well-groomed and lush. Remove old stems, then new ones will grow much faster.
Curb roses, planting and caring that even a novice gardener can do, need to be prepared for the winter. Fir twigling should be laid on the flower and between the leaves of the plant - it will save your rose during wintering. Then you need to install a wire frame, which will be twenty centimeters above the bush, and on top of it cover with insulating material. You can use plastic wrap.
Beginning in April, roses should be periodically ventilated so that buds start growing on time. When you notice that the edges of the film begin to thaw - this means that it is time to clean the lapnik.
We grow border roses at home
At the beginning of our article, we talked about the fact that these plants take root in the conditions of a city apartment. Many flower growers dream that they have rose rose curb at home. For such connoisseurs of this plant, there are roses that are sold in pots. They begin to bloom before their relatives in the open field, and finish flowering much later, thanks to a favorable microclimate.
Bordyurnye roses in pots begin to bloom in May and June, and in the store, we often see them blooming all year. When choosing a potted rose, pay attention to how many flowers have already blossomed - there should be a few of them, and much more buds. Look carefully at the leaves - they should have a juicy green color, without damage and stains.
Care for homemade roses
Curb roses are known to be grown in greenhouses before being sold. They maintain a temperature not higher than +18 ° C. Therefore, it is very important to keep the same temperature at the beginning. This will facilitate flower acclimatization. It is better to buy a rose in a pot in a cold period (from autumn to spring) or in February-March. At this time, the easiest way to provide the flower a low temperature at home.
Usually, a rose is first put on a glassed-in balcony. Later, when it gets stronger, you can move it to the apartment, but you should not put it next to batteries and other heating devices.
As a rule, in the store, roses are sold in small pots, but you should not rush to transplant them into a large container until flowering ends. Regularly check the soil moisture (in small pots it dries very quickly). В поливе следует найти золотую середину - поливайте растение понемногу, но часто – чтобы и не переувлажнить, и не высушить землю.
С середины мая можно выносить розы в горшках на воздух. Это позволит им укрепить иммунитет и набраться сил. Необходимо сказать, что если у вас нет дачного участка, то бордюрная роза с удовольствием проведет отпуск на балконе. Вы даже можете пересадить ее в ящик на балконе.
From March to August, twice a month, potted roses are fertilized. To do this, it is better to use liquid dressing for indoor plants. Cut off faded flowers. The cut is made under the first two leaves under the flower.
With the onset of cold weather, in the middle lane it is usually in October, curb roses in pots contribute to the apartment. From October to March they are at rest. At this time, the ideal temperature for them is twelve degrees.
Growing roses from seeds
Today there is no problem in purchasing a blooming rose - these flowers are in every flower shop. However, true growers prefer to grow their own border roses. Planting and caring for them is extremely exciting.
Growing a rose from seeds on your own is difficult, but the result of your work will exceed all expectations. Seeds of these plants sprout for a very long time. They are planted in late autumn or in ordinary containers with light fertile soil, or in February under glass. It is necessary to maintain the temperature not higher than +5 ° С. Planting seeds should be at a depth of 0.5 cm. In any of the options you choose, the seeds will emerge at the very end of spring or early summer. And one more secret - before planting the seeds must be soaked for 2 weeks at +20 ° C.
Today we told you about curb roses, which are a wonderful decoration not only of your site, but also of a city apartment. The main thing is to properly care for the plant, and then it will please you for a long time with bright and fragrant flowers.
Preparing roses for wintering
Now you need to warm the roses. Preparing for winter begins with laying fir tree branches between the leaves and insulation film. In this state, roses remain until the beginning of warming, approximately until April. With the onset of heat, they are aired, and after the soil is frozen, the film is removed and the lapnik is removed.
Also, roses before hibernation can spud. And good, but moderate watering after wintering is obligatory.
Among the features of the impregnable beauties of this group are:
- unpretentiousness, thanks to which even a novice gardener can cope with growing flowers,
- the presence of mainly double flowers of various colors,
- duration and multiple blooms that increase the decorative value of curb roses,
- frost resistance
- the possibility of widespread use of colors in landscape design due to the large number of varieties.
Popular varieties of curb roses:
- "Clementine" - branchy bushes resistant to diseases and frosts up to half a meter high with lush inflorescences consisting of apricot terry flowers.
- “Baby and Maskerd” are roses of a compact form with a height of up to 40 cm. They are not distinguished by the monotonous coloring of the petals, which changes from base to edge from lemon to red.
- "Madei" - thanks to its densely leafy shoots, compact bushes of a long-beloved variety seem to be spreading. With prolonged flowering marked abundance of bright flowers of blood-red color.
- Pixie. The variety will appeal to lovers of pastel colors. Roses blooming throughout the summer are distinguished by snow-white or slightly pinkish petals with pointed edges.
- Brilliant Sweet Dream. To create bright compositions, an excellent solution would be to plant a compact variety with yellow-orange flowers, effectively contrasting against the background of emerald leaves.
In order for the queen of flowers to take root and decorate the garden with lush buds, you should use the following recommendations when buying planting material:
- It is important to pre-determine the grade, examining its frost resistance, soil requirements, moisture and other characteristics.
- Buy quality seedlings should be in specialized points where consultants can provide all the information of interest.
- When purchasing grafted roses, you need to know on which stock the vaccination was made, since frost resistance will mostly depend on this.
- It is better to choose three-year-old seedlings that have had enough time to develop the root system during this time.
- Planting material should have 3 developed shoots, live roots and dormant buds.
Advantages and features of border roses:
- Variety varieties. You can choose any color and characteristics.
- Long flowering. Most flowers of this species are distinguished by a long flowering period.
- Excellent frost resistance. Specially adapted varieties are able to endure winter without shelter.
- Unpretentious cultivation. Curb roses - the perfect choice for beginners in the garden business.
- Re-bloom. Hybrid varieties of border roses are able to produce buds two or three times per season.
All these qualities make the curb rose a welcome guest in any garden. It does not take up much space, which is ideal for small areas. Planting and cultivation of border roses is often carried out in pots and flowerpots. In addition, it is a great option for decoration of sculptural garden compositions.
What parameters need to be considered:
- Sufficient illumination. Any kind of roses loves the sun's rays and in the shade it will not be able to fully bloom and grow. It is also important not to overreact here: in the sun, sensitive petals will quickly wilt, and sunburn may appear on the leaves. If it is possible to find the optimal place with a little shadow at noon - the success of growing roses is guaranteed.
- Good soil aeration. Planting curb roses in the lowlands and flooded places - a big mistake. From waterlogging, the plant will hurt and languish. For such cases, an additional drainage elephant is made at the bottom of the hole, water is drained through the tubes, and artificial elevations.
- Unrelated predecessors. It is noticed that roses grow best of all on the place where there were no similar plants from the family of rose flowers before. This is due, most likely, to the fact that they need the same components for nutrition, so the soil in this place will be depleted for them.
The composition of the soil is desirable to make slightly acidic. To do this, acidic soil is lime, and nitrogen fertilizers and peat are added to alkaline soil. Fertile loam is ideal, but if you prefer, you can use specially acquired soil. Before planting, it is necessary to tear out all the weeds and remove their rhizomes. To process the earth from a fungus and possible larvae of pests, and also to use mineral top dressings.
- The hole is dug not less than 30 centimeters deep and the same in diameter.
- A drainage layer of gravel, rubble and sand is poured at the bottom.
- The seedlings gently straighten the root processes and sprinkle them with the harvested nutrient mixture.
- The soil is carefully tamped, avoiding air voids at the roots.
- After planting, the rose is well watered and mulch pristvolny circle. This is done to ensure the preservation of moisture, and also help to avoid weed germination.
- At first, the plant pritennayu from too active sun. This will save the leaves and shoots from sunburn.
Acquired seedlings before planting must be soaked in warm water with diluted stimulating solution. This will accelerate the formation of roots and increase the chances of successful survival. If the acquired seedling is in a container, it is well watered before planting. This planting is less traumatic for the plant, so buying seedlings with a closed root system is more justified.
In terms of planting this plant is best to adhere to the following rules. For a cold and harsh climate, spring planting is preferable. So the bushes will take root better and be more prepared for winter. Formed in the first year, it is desirable to break the buds in order to save strength for the formation of a strong root system.
If the growing region has a milder climate, planting of border roses is held in the fall. It is worthwhile to worry about a reliable shelter for the bushes, because young saplings, even winter-hardy varieties will be more sensitive to such conditions.
Basic rules for growing:
- Watering requires regular and abundant. It is not allowed to dry the earthen coma at the roots, but waterlogging is undesirable. Watering is necessary under the root itself so that moisture does not condense on the sensitive buds.
- Top dressing is carried out several times per season. Nitrogen is needed during the green mass acquisition period. Before and after flowering - potassium and phosphorus. During flowering roses do not feed, and at the end of the season nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium complexes are alternately applied. The frequency of dressings is determined individually, the interval between them is 10-14 days.
- Roses are very fond of foliar dressing, so before the budding they can be sprayed with special formulations for decorative flowering plants.
- Pruning roses is carried out as needed. During the summer season it is necessary to remove flowering buds (this will prolong flowering). In spring and autumn, trimming pruning is performed, in which old and thickened shoots are removed. This should be done with a sharp garden sector, the blades of which must be disinfected after each bush.
- Plucking the top of the plant allows you to form a compact bush with numerous side branches.
- Disease prevention is carried out by spraying plants in spring and autumn. If necessary, treatment is carried out in the summer. To do this, it is desirable to use special formulations, depending on the problem.
- Winter shelter is made of spruce branches or branches, as well as non-woven material. It is best to use the air method of shelters, the benefit, the small size of bushes allow you to do this without unnecessary trouble.
A small video review of blooming rose roses of the best varieties is presented below.
Curbing roses, the characteristics of planting and further care that are discussed in our article are among the most attractive representatives of garden flowers. They are in perfect harmony with any plants, garden figures, hedges or lawn. With the help of undersized dwarf roses, you can originally arrange a flower bed or an alpine slide, as well as diversify tall plantings. Their use in the landscape is limitless, the main thing is to successfully select the place of growth and provide these unpretentious beauties with proper attention and care.
To-do list after winter
- Cleaning the shelter.
- Pruning roses.
- Protection from pests by neighboring plants.
- Regular watering roses.
- Top dressing of roses fertilizers.
- Proper grafting and reproduction of roses.
- Proper care at all times.
- Monthly soil loosening.
Planting roses in open ground
Before you start planting roses in open ground, you should choose a place.
The optimum site should be well lit and protected from the winds.
Equally important are the predecessors, which should not be Rosaceae. In order for the bushes to grow quickly, it is necessary to give preference to light, loose soils with good fertile layer and drainage qualities.
Planting seedlings in the garden, which falls in the spring (after the disappearance of the threat of return frost), is carried out as follows:
- Holes are dug out with dimensions slightly larger than those of the root system of the planting material. The distance between the grooves is between 25 and 30 cm.
- Pits of sand and organic fertilizers in the form of compost, humus are poured into the pits.
- Saplings with straightened roots are installed.
- The pits are filled with the extracted arable layer in such a way that the necks of the flowers are 3 cm deep.
- Pristvolnye circles are compacted and watered.
How to care for flowers
Care for curb roses is quite simple compared to other varieties of exquisite flower, and includes only a number of standard activities.
Water the bushes should be systematically, but in small portions., so that the soil did not have time to dry, but it was not too wet. Hydration of roses is carried out under the root, which helps to avoid water droplets on shoots.
Compact bushes perfectly respond to additional nutrition, which improves the condition of the fertile layer.
- At the beginning of spring it is worth making compost at a digging rate of 6 kg per m2.
- Before the formation of buds and during the flowering period, top dressing is carried out using phosphorus-potassium fertilizers.
- In the fall, the choice should be on organics.
To preserve the cleanliness of the beds and the loose structure of the soil, it is necessary to systematically loosen the pristvolny circles, simultaneously removing weeds. A layer of mulch under the bushes is also not superfluous.
The formation of a bushy proportional shrub falls on the first year of cultivation, when the stems are pinched after the appearance of 5 leaflets.
During the season, sanitary pruning is carried out, which removes diseased, injured shoots and flowering inflorescences. In vaccinated roses, shoots are immediately destroyed directly from the root collar.
Bordyurnaya rose propagation
Vegetative retaining features of the maternal specimen are popular breeding methods.
For reproduction by cuttings, semi-lignified cuttings with 3 buds are cut, which are processed by a growth stimulator. The prepared material is buried in the ground, where it is covered with glass jars. After 1.5 months, when the cuttings take root, new plants are transferred to a permanent place of growth.
The procedure for dividing the bush is carried out in spring or autumn. The shrub is removed and the sharp, sterile instrument is divided into parts, each of which must have developed roots and stems. Delenki land on a pre-prepared site.
Curb roses are often used in the design of parks and homestead territories:
- for framing tracks
- in flower arrangements in flowerbeds of various configurations,
- in group plantings of varieties with different colors,
- as a tapeworm near the entrance to the gazebo or against the backdrop of bright green lawn.
Curb rose is an unapproachable beauty, which with simple care will bloom and smell all summer long, fascinating those around you with its natural charm.
Video “How to care for a rose”
From the video below you will learn how to properly care for rose curb.
Planting and caring for these amazingly beautiful flowers do not cause much trouble, you just need to be attentive as a host, then curb roses will delight you with long flowering. They love heat, but not heat, they easily tolerate cold weather, and if the air warms more than +25 degrees, the bush will be too hot, the roots can overheat, so in strong heat it is better to mulch the ground around the bushes, and to raise the aboveground part.
Roses are often watered, but not too plentiful, it should be done regularly, preferably in the evening, using heated, room-temperature water heated by the sun. It is very important that the water does not stagnate, otherwise root rot may appear. It is desirable to water the land under a bush, and not the bush itself, these roses do not like water falling on the green.
Lush color almost all summer requires a lot of effort, so the rose needs feeding. They are held several times, but only until mid-summer, otherwise the plant will not prepare for winter, this is especially important where the winter is harsh and comes early. Humus or manure is mixed with the top layer of earth, evenly laid out under the bushes in the spring. In no case can not use fresh manure, it can burn the roots of even an adult plant.
When the first buds begin to form, you can water the bushes with calcium nitrate, 1 tablespoon of which is dissolved in a bucket of water. It is possible to irrigate with such fertilizer only after good irrigation with water, after it it is necessary to irrigate with water at least a little.
Roses respond well to watering with a grass mash or a mullein infusion solution. Such feeding can be carried out in 2 - 3 weeks. In the first year of life, the roses are fed only in the spring, and in the autumn compost or peat is used for warming, for the first year it is enough for them. The hotter the summer, the less top dressing you need to make, but in cool, rainy summer, you can water it every 2 weeks alternately with a solution of organic and mineral fertilizers.
Since the very hot or very rainy weather causes the roses to endure stress, they are very vulnerable. You can help them survive the unpleasant weather, using special preparations: "Zircon", "Epin", "Ekosil". Fertilizing miniature roses can be a means for flowering plants, which are sold in stores - this is much easier to do than to prepare solutions and infusions.
Sanitary and formative pruning spend all summer, if you do it carefully, using a clean sharp shears, the roses will transfer it well, the main thing to cut, not flatten the stalk. In the first year, all the shoots pinch above the 5th - 6th leaf, it will make the bush lush, it is also desirable to cut the buds. In adult bushes continue to pinch or simply shorten the side shoots, and the central ones usually grow straight up.
You need to cut off damaged shoots, wilted flowers, it stimulates the formation of new twigs and flowers. Обязательно нужно убирать дикие побеги, которые частенько образуются на привитых растениях, они отличаются количеством частей листьев – у сортовой розы лист состоит из пяти частей, а у шиповника – из семи. Такие дикие побеги нельзя укорачивать, потому что они будут расти и множиться, их необходимо безжалостно вырезать на уровне корневой шейки, для этого придется слегка разрыть землю возле корня.
In the fall, they usually shorten long shoots, cut buds that did not have time to bloom, then the plant is prepared for wintering. As soon as the first night frosts appear, remove the fallen leaves, the last time they cut the shoots, spud the bushes, scooping up at least 20 cm of the earth.
Some growers put shoots on planted lapnik or peat, and cover the top with fallen leaves, lapnik. Others prepare the frame, cover the plants with roofing paper, waterproof paper, film. And the third spud and wait for the snow, which will cover the low plants. Any method is good - it all depends on the degree of severity of winter, on the amount of snow that falls from the very beginning.
The main thing is that the roses do not freeze.
If you have an adult bush, then it can easily be divided into several seedlings and planted separately. The bush needs to be dug, carefully divided so that each part has a root and an escape, they may well turn into separate healthy bushes. It is also better to do this in the spring before the bud break.
You can still prikopat flexible shoots from spring, jokes him for stillness, water, protect - by the autumn you can get rooted cuttings. And to cut it off from the mother plant is already next spring.