- How to feed tomato seedlings after picking
- How to feed seedlings of peppers after picking
- What and how to feed the seedlings
As mentioned above, it is imperative to feed the tomatoes after the picking, however, in order not to harm the plants, work should be carried out within a certain time frame. It is believed that the most favorable period for feeding seedlings is 10-15 days after transplantation, so the procedure should be performed on one of these days. It is desirable to complete the second feeding two weeks after the first.
As for the fertilizers themselves, it is possible to purchase ready-made complex fertilizer specifically for tomatoes in the store, but it is not forbidden to use homemade solution. It is easy to prepare it; dilute urea (5 g), superphosphate (40 g) and potassium sulfate (10 g) in 5 liters of water. The second dressing should be more concentrated than the first, therefore, to prepare the solution, you should take the same fertilizers, but in slightly larger volumes, namely 10 grams of urea, 50 grams of superphosphate and 20 grams of potassium sulfate.
The seedlings of tomatoes respond well to foliar dressings. However, this procedure should be carried out carefully, using a solution of only a weak concentration so as not to burn the leaves of the plants. One teaspoon of fertilizer (urea, calcium nitrate or potassium monophosphate) per five liters of water is enough to obtain the desired composition. You can carry out foliar feeding once a week, ideally - early in the morning.
Basic culture information
Tomato is a member of the Solanaceae family, likes well-lit areas and rather high temperatures - from + 18˚C and above. Even minor frosts can significantly reduce the amount of the crop or even lead to the death of the plant. For tomatoes, lightweight soils, such as sandy or loamy, are best suited. According to the rules of crop rotation, the best predecessors for tomatoes are cucumbers, carrots, onions, legumes, and cabbage. Preliminary soil preparation begin to do in the fall. It consists of digging up the soil with the introduction of organic matter (manure, compost, humus). This allows you to replenish the strength and nutrient reserves before the new season.
The climate features of almost all regions of Russia do not imply the planting of a tomato right into the ground. In early spring sowing of seeds for seedlings begins at home. When the threat of frost disappears in the region, the summer residents start planting tomatoes in open or protected ground. Most often, this period falls on the end of May.
Transplanting tomatoes from containers that were located at home is called a pick. After this procedure, the plant is under severe stress, so it needs to create favorable conditions for successful acclimatization.
Caring for tomato seedlings after picking includes:
- Hardening This procedure is usually done for several days before the transplantation of seedlings. This is necessary in order to improve the cold resistance of plants,
- Proper watering. Tomatoes are very sensitive to overwetted and dried soils, so it is very important for summer residents to adjust the frequency and volume of watering,
- Loosening, weeding. Without these basic procedures it is impossible to achieve active development of the bush. In addition, contaminated soil creates conditions for the appearance of diseases and pests,
- Feeding seedlings tomato after picking - perhaps the most important part of care. Feeding seedlings with organic and mineral components allows for the active growth of foliage and the formation of ovaries, and subsequently a rich harvest.
How to feed up tomato seedlings after picking
Very rarely fertile soils are found in which there are all the necessary nutrients for the normal development of seedlings. Therefore, the question often arises how to feed tomato seedlings after picking. If initially there are no data on the state of the soil, then you can focus on the signals that the tomato itself gives:
- Slow growth suggests a lack of sodium and potassium,
- Yellowing and wilting of leaves is the result of a lack of nitrogen,
- Increased fragility of the stem - a clear sign of a lack of magnesium and calcium,
- Lightening tops means that there is not enough iron in the soil,
- The darkening of the leaves, the appearance of a purple hue indicate a deficiency of phosphorus,
- Very frail leaves that can not keep on the stem and fall off, signaling a lack of nitrogen.
In 1,5-2 weeks after the picking, they do the first feeding of tomato seedlings. The second time the bushes need to be fertilized in another 2-3 weeks. Subsequent feeding is carried out as needed and is not mandatory.
The first time fertilizer is applied after the seedlings are rooted and grown. During this period, the plant is most needed nitrogen for the development of the green part. Most often during this period use:
- Manure, diluted with water in a ratio of 1:10, with the addition of 1 tbsp. l nitrofoski. On 1 bush accounts for 500 ml of the finished solution. This tool facilitates the adaptation of the tomato and strengthens the immune system,
- Infusion of bird droppings and boiling water in a ratio of 2: 1. The solution should be infused under the lid for two days. Then the concentration is reduced by diluting the infusion with 10 liters of water. A weak solution of bird droppings is a rich source of nitrogen for tomato shoots,
- Yeast: 0.1 kg per 10 liters of water with the addition of 3 tbsp. Sahara. Within 3-4 days in the composition of the fermentation processes occur. The resulting infusion must be diluted with 5 liters of water. This solution is a powerful growth promoter for thin shoots.
Iodine is an excellent disinfectant against fungus. In addition, it increases plant resistance to diseases and activates growth. To prepare the composition, dilute 1 drop in 3 liters of water. The prepared solution is used before diving into the open ground. Apply the composition through a spray. One treatment is often enough.
Ash solution is a valuable source of potassium and phosphorus. They are necessary for the development of fruits. Phosphorus also improves the taste of tomatoes. In addition, ash destroys the fungus. To prepare the solution mix 2 liters of boiling water and 1 tbsp. ash. The solution needs to hold for 1 day, and then pour them plants.
Ash as fertilizer
These fruits are valued for their high potassium content. There are 2 ways to use bananas, gardeners practically determine which one is preferable:
- Banana powder. Peel must be dried and crushed by hand or in a blender. The resulting powder is poured into the planting hole to plant seedlings,
- Infusion. On 3 l of water take 3 peel and insist 3 days. After this means filter and water the bushes with it.
The egg shell contains all the necessary minerals, so it can be called a complex fertilizer. The difficulty lies in the fact that the shells need to gather up a large number and dry well. Then it is used in 2 types:
- Put crushed shells into the hole,
- Water the tomatoes with infusion. For 1 liter of boiling water take 7 shells, then remove the jar in a dark place for a week. The appearance of the characteristic smell will be a signal of readiness infusion.
Before diving the seedlings, the soil composition can be improved by sleeping in the thick. It loosens and lightens the soil, improves the access of oxygen to the roots and saturates with microelements.
Sleeping coffee grounds
Nutrients penetrate into the plant not only through the roots, but also through the land part of the plants, so foliar feeding is also very effective, especially for the prevention of disease. In addition, Solanaceae actively absorb nutrients through the leaves. The best time to spray is morning. The leaves have dew, which is a kind of conductor of nutritional components. By spraying, you can fertilize tomatoes with such means as:
- Urea solution,
- Calcium nitrate (it is necessary to use it carefully with accurate observance of dosages, since nitrate is a toxic substance, its excess badly affects human health and soil condition),
- Nettle decoction,
Root and foliar dressing is best alternated with each other, so the effect of the procedure will be maximum.
At the time of planting, the seedlings, as a rule, have very thin stems and a weak root system, since the space in the container is strictly limited. To speed up the development of plants, the use of stimulating drugs is allowed. They are safe for health and do not bear harm to nature.
Ecological complex fertilizer, which by a third increases the yield of tomatoes. There are phosphorus, potassium, iron and many other important components in Agricola. This drug blocks the ingress of nitrates into the soil and plant, increases resistance to diseases, improves the taste of the fruit. It is possible to care for tomatoes with the help of this tool throughout the whole season: from spring to autumn. The drug is presented in liquid form and in granules. On the packaging there is always a clear instruction manual.
An agent that has both organic and mineral composition. Absolutely harmless drug. It is formed as a result of the life activity of invertebrate creatures. The composition contains more than 20 amino acids, sodium salts, proteins and carbohydrates. The use of this tool increases the yield by 20% and reduces the need for the additional introduction of nitrogen by half. Sodium HUMATE improves soil composition and structure.
Diseases and pests
Tomatoes are subject to fungal infections, especially late blight. You can save the bushes from death with the help of the drug Fitosporin. They are sprayed with seedlings after picking, as a result, a protective film is formed on the stems and leaves, through which the spores of the fungus cannot spread. The drug is available in the form of paste and powder. It must be diluted according to the instructions and process the plant through a spray.
Tomato seedlings often suffer from blackleg. The disease affects young shoots in the first weeks of growth, as a result the sapling cannot develop and perishes. Immunocytofit drug cope with this disease. Most often in this tool soaked seeds before sowing. Processed seed material not only receives immunity from most rots, but also replenishes energy reserves, therefore, sprouts sprout faster, and ovaries are more actively formed in older plants.
Black leg of tomato
The drug Epin has a similar effect, but it is applied through a nebulizer after picking. The seedling adapts and takes root faster, and also receives protection against infections.
To plant tomatoes from containers on the beds should always be with great care, because the tender shoots have not yet gained the necessary strength. You can help plants survive stress and gain strength with timely supplements. Experimentally, you can determine the appropriate under specific growing conditions drugs and tools. Using them, you can count on a rich and tasty harvest.
What you need to feed
Tomato seedlings are kept at a temperature of 20-22 ° C. A reduction in temperature is required at night. But as soon as the tomatoes take root, the daytime temperature is lowered to 18-20 ° С, and the nighttime temperature - to 15-16 ° С.
- Ripened seedlings are planted in the greenhouse in the first half of May. When planting tomatoes, it is unacceptable to plant them in the same place for several years, in order to avoid disease. You can not plant tomatoes after potatoes and eggplants, as these cultures of the same family of nightshade, respectively, have the same disease. If you still have to plant tomatoes after these crops, then before planting you should remove the upper soil from the greenhouse, then sprinkle the soil with a hot solution of copper sulfate.
- The resulting mixture is thoroughly mixed for 6-7 days before sowing, then spread evenly into the boxes for seedlings. In the boxes with the ground make grooves, the depth of which is 1.0-1.5 cm. The distance between the grooves should be at least 5-7 cm. Water the rows with a solution of sodium humate, the temperature of which is 35-40 ° C. Seeds are sown in cooked rows. The distance between future plants should be at least 1.5-2.0 cm. Furrows fall asleep, not watering from above. Boxes with crops put in a warm, bright place, with an air temperature of 22-24 ° C. In order for plants to start sprouting faster, it is recommended to cover the boxes with a film.
- A tomato is perhaps the most long-awaited and beloved fruit on our table. Juicy delicious tomatoes were imported to Europe from South America. Tomatoes were grown in the old days as a decorative ornament, and only later they began to appear on the tables of wealthy lords.
- And generously water them shoots. Buy this substance will be in a specialty store. Preparing a means of 1 teaspoon of copper and 10 liters of pure water. To store such a solution is permissible for an unlimited amount of time. If after watering a lot of fertilizer remains, you can pour it into a plastic bottle and leave it until next year. Thanks to this procedure, young shoots will be
- Every year in specialized stores there is a growing selection of fertilizers that are suitable for tomatoes. And the question of how to feed the seedlings best, worries many gardeners.
When and what to feed
- For the first feeding of tomatoes, you can use both ready-made fertilizers, for example, Nitrophoska or Agricola-Forward, Agricola No. 3, and self-made mixtures:
- Top dressing of tomato seedlings with urea has a positive effect on their growth. In order for the roots to take root well during transplantation, you can add one tablespoon of urea with the addition of superphosphate to each well, and in no case do not forget about good watering.
- Tomatoes - one of the most common vegetable crops. Someone grows tomatoes without much difficulty, and someone leads the fight for each bush of this plant. The question arises: what does the harvest depend on? In this article, we will discuss how to feed tomato seedlings so that the tomatoes develop well and give a good harvest.
Picked seedlings are watered 1-2 times a week.
A few days after sowing the seeds you will have the first shoots
To grow good fruit in the greenhouse, they make ridges, the distance between which is 60-70 cm. As humus fertilizer, humus, peat, sawdust and some sand are added to the beds. Before planting tomatoes, soil is watered with a solution of potassium permanganate: for 10 liters of water - 1 g of potassium permanganate.
The first 3 weeks of emergence of tomato seedlings only have to control the humidity and temperature. The temperature during the day should be maintained at 16–18 ° C, and at night - 13–15 ° C. Such care should be provided before the appearance of the second leaf on the plant, within 30-35 days from the beginning of shoots. For all this time, seedlings need to be watered only 3-4 times. This is due to the fact that in a period of low light, which falls on March, excessive moisture of the soil will provoke excessive stretching of seedlings. Water the seedlings should be warm water, a temperature of 20 ° C under the roots, not falling on the leaves.
Tomato seedlings begin to be planted in early spring, then a month later - two are tempered, and in late spring and early summer they are planted in a greenhouse.Reliably protected from late blight
Experts recommend first feeding tomato seedlings at the very moment when the very first leaf appears on the surface of the earth. Especially if the gardener fails to create ideal growing conditions for her. But this feeding is not mandatory.
- ash wood - 1 tablespoon,
- urea - 1 g,
Best of all, the first feeding of seedlings of tomatoes to spend 10-14 days after picking
For normal development and high yield of vegetables, during the summer they must be fed with mineral and organic fertilizers. It is believed that without the use of mineral fertilizers produce organic vegetables. But it is precisely because of the lack of fertilizers that a low crop is produced. Unfortunately, the soil no longer has enough substances to ensure normal plant growth. Such plants are most often attacked by pests. If fertilizing is done on time, you can significantly increase your yield. Fertilizing plants at an early stage of development is advisable when any changes are visible.
Top dressing of seedlings of tomatoes.
. At this time, you should remove the film from your container in which the seedlings grow and put it in a well-lit place. To grow tomato seedlings is very important to maintain the correct temperature. In the first week the temperature should be between 14-17 ° C. At night, it is necessary to lower the temperature to 10 ° C. In order for your seedlings to develop properly, they need a 14-hour light day. If necessary, should be highlighted. In the future, the temperature should be raised and maintained within the range of 20-25 ° C.
Why do you need fertilizing seedlings?
Planting seedlings made vertically, immersed in the ground only a pot with a root. Расстояние между кустами высокорослых сортов помидоров должно составлять 50х50 см, при этом растения высаживаются в ряд или в шахматном порядке.When planting, you should avoid a distance of 80-90 cm from each other: from this, the yield drops! This is explained by the fact that a free plant is highly branched, that is, all nutrients will go not to the development of fruits, but to the foliar system.
When to feed?
Boxes with seedlings every day, you need to turn the other side to the window so that the plants get enough light.
Now tomatoes are grown not only by professional agronomists, but also by amateur gardeners. By addressing this issue seriously, you can achieve excellent results if you grow tomatoes in a greenhouse. Caring for these wonderful fruits is quite an interesting and time-consuming process. To get a good crop of tomatoes in the greenhouse, it is necessary to prepare the seeds for sowing, time to dive the seedlings, water them properly, maintain the appropriate temperature regime, ensure good pollination of flowers, feed the plants in a timely manner.
When tomato seedlings grow a little, you need to hold
What to feed?
- hot water - 2 liters.
- superphosphate - 8 g,
. Among gardeners, the following seedling mixture proved to be a good idea: for 10 liters of water, we take 20 g of superphosphate, 10 g of urea and 15 g of potassium chloride. The second feeding is repeated after two weeks. It is well to apply completely soluble substances, dissolving them not more than 50g per 10 l of water.
Every gardener wants to get a high yield. To understand what your plants lack and to combat the deficiency of nutrients, you need to know the symptoms of a lack of elements:
The first feeding of tomato seedlings should occur 10-14 days after diving
Dive tomato seedlings should be carried out when they appear
10-14 days after planting, tomatoes are tied up to the trellis. Lower stepsons are removed, leaving columns of 2-3 cm.
Seedlings should be well ventilated, so boxes with seedlings should not be placed very close to the window glass.
Seed treatment for sowing is performed in 4 stages:
Urea can be used for the second feeding after diving. Indeed, for a good growth of green mass seedlings need a large amount of nitrogen. 10 liters of clean water will need 1 tablespoon of urea. The resulting solution abundantly watered seedlings.
Infuse for 24 hours, drain and strain.
- potassium sulfate - 3 g,
You can feed the nightshade with another rather interesting tool. I think each of us have pieces of bread. As you know, it contains yeast. Therefore, in order to avoid molds, the bread remaining throughout the year is dried in the oven and preserved, and used in summer as fertilizer. Already dried residues are soaked in warm water and left overnight. The resulting slurry is used during the loosening of the earth, adding it under the roots. You can also dilute the grain mass in a large amount of water, and use the mixture for irrigation. After such a fertilizer, the crop is increased 1.5 times, the plant endurance increases, and root formation increases. This is the so-called growth stimulator.
With a lack of nitrogen in the plant appear yellow leaves, which eventually wither and fall off. In this case, the main thing is not to confuse with excess moisture.
. You can feed the finished complex fertilizers. But you can make your own mix. For 10 liters of water, take 35 g of superphosphate, 4 g of urea and 12 g of potassium sulfate.
2-3 true leaves
Before flowering and fruiting, tomatoes are watered every 5-6 days. Planting is especially important during the growing season. Tomatoes are fertilized with liquid mullein or ready fertilizers “Ideal”, “Fertility” every 10-15 days. To increase the fruit ovaries, tomatoes are sprayed with a 10% solution of boric acid on floral brushes and leaves.
The first time, while the seedlings are growing in a common box, feeding the soil is not necessary.
Tomato seeds require prior preparation before planting.
For the third feeding tomato ideal fertilizer nitrophoska. Preparing a solution of 1 liter of pure water and 1 tablespoon of the specified substance. The resulting fertilizer is enough for a large number of seedlings.
. It is the transfer of each plant in a separate well. The second feeding is carried out approximately 10–12 days after the dive. If the plants do not sit on the individual wells, then the next feeding is carried out in the phase of the third true leaflet. It is recommended to move to the third after another 10 days. And by the fourth - two days before transplanting tomatoes in open ground.
Banana skins tincture:
An effective drug for spraying tomatoes is the most common skimmed milk. To do this, take half a glass of milk and diluted in 1 liter of water, and in the morning the plants are sprayed with the prepared solutions. Such a seemingly innocuous and simple spraying will help get rid of pests that cause leaves to curl. This solution is sprayed varieties of national selection.
With a lack of phosphorus, the plant may become slightly purple in color.
20-22 days after diving seedlings it should
. But this rule is not always possible to apply. So, if you have sufficiently weak and thin plants, you should wait with a dive until 3-4 true leaves appear on them. If you have good plants with a stem thickened at the base, then you can swoop down.
It is necessary to care for tomatoes, observing humidity not more than 65%. It should be remembered that tomatoes do not like high humidity. Watering should be moderate in the evening and at the root, since water does not hit the leaves, especially on a sunny day. It should also observe the temperature regime in the greenhouse: 20-28 ° C during the day and 15-16 ° C at night.
When to start feeding tomato seedlings?
The following dressings are repeated as needed. You can prepare the solution according to the second recipe or use it for this.
Overall- dry banana peel - 2/3 buckets,Another option:
There is a method of fertilizer, which keen gardeners are keen on; this is fertilizer of soil with chicken manure. In addition, poultry manure is considered an organic fertilizer, the composition of which is rich in chemical elements, namely: phosphorus, nitrogen, potassium. Such a fertilizer will affect your harvest no worse than any other complex mineral fertilizer. The advantage of it is that it is practically free.Magnesium deficiency occurs in plants in the form of brittle leaves.Transplanted into large glasses
What substances are not enough seedlings?
During a dive it is very important to observe
- Tomatoes in the greenhouse should be lit from morning to evening by the sun, any shade reduces the yield. Tomatoes are very light-loving plants. Tomatoes are not afraid of cold weather. The greatest enemies for these plants are frost and dampness. Therefore, the ventilation in the greenhouse should not be forgotten. With the onset of stable sunny weather, the greenhouse can be opened on 1/3 of the upper part of the end sides. On hot days, you can fully open the western part of the greenhouse before cold snaps. Such actions will contribute to good ventilation and access of bees during the flowering period.
- A month later, when two or three leaves appear on the seedlings, the first picking is done - transplanting each plant into a separate pot. The pots in which the tomato seedlings are first dive must be 8x8 cm. Plants will grow there for about 25 days. The soil for the pickled seedlings is prepared exactly as for sowing seeds. Before planting plants in pots, the soil is watered with a solution of potassium permanganate, in proportion to half a tablespoon per 10 liters of water. When picking, produce a rejection of weak and unsuitable plants.
- Seed care when processing chemicals.
How to feed tomato seedlings?
The number of dressings depends on the conditions- water - 1 bucket.- ammonium nitrate - 0.6 g,With a lack of calcium, you can use an egg shell tincture. For this, a three-liter jar for 2/3 is filled with egg shells and insisted in a warm place for 3-4 days, then diluted in a 1: 3 ratio and watered.With a lack of iron, the top of the shoot begins to turn yellow, and the leaf may turn white. In this case, conduct foliar fertilizer with iron sulfate, in the proportion of 5 grams per 10 liters of water. It is recommended to apply foliar top dressings at low soil temperatures.
Where it will grow to its landing in open ground. Undesirable dive plants are immediately transplanted into large glasses, because it is difficult to maintain normal soil moisture in them. 2 weeks after transplanting the seedlings of tomatoes in large glasses, it is once again fed with fertilizers.
Growing tomatoes in greenhouses makes it difficult for bees to access the flowers, which makes pollination not quite effective. Pollinate flowers of tomatoes and manually, gently shaking the brush inflorescences. Shaking the flowers is done every 3-4 days in warm sunny weather. To pollen sprouted on the stigma of the pistil, it is necessary to accompany pollination by spraying flowers with water. After spraying, the greenhouse is aired to prevent over-wetting of the soil and air, since an increase in moisture reduces the taste of fruits and the level of sugar in tomatoes.Pike seedlings are grown at a temperature of 20-22 ° C during the day, and at night - 16-18 ° C. Watering seedlings in pots should be no more than 1 time per week until the soil gets wet. 2 weeks after the picking, tomato seedlings are fed with this solution: 1 tablespoon of nitrophobia is diluted in 10 liters of water. 1 pot accounts for half a cup of fertilizer.Soak in clear water.. Great compost, which is poured into the boxes with seedlings. And you can do further to feed the tomatoes foliar way,In which are the future tomatoes. There are only two obligatory procedures - during the formation of 3 leaves (or two weeks after diving) and 10 days after the first. Then you can water the seedlings with a mixture of useful substances every 10–12 days, depending on the needs of the plant. Personal observations of seedlings are very important.
How to feed tomatoes?
Infuse the mixture in a warm place for at least three days. Before feeding to drain and dilute with water three times.
- - superphosphate - 4 g,
- As it turned out, it is not so easy to grow these tasty vegetables in your garden, and not just to grow, but to get the desired harvest. Therefore, it is necessary to possess at least elementary knowledge and follow the rules of agricultural engineering.
- High-calorie fasting is manifested in the form of wrinkled leaves. Pour over a solution of sodium chloride.
Combine each dressing with irrigation
Growing tomatoes and caring for them in the greenhouse
Manual pollination is used as an additional method; bees are undoubtedly the best to deal with pollination. Pollination with the help of bees significantly increases the yield, as the pollen of tomatoes is sticky, which prevents flowers from self-pollinating. The flowers of tomatoes do not have nectar and smell, so they are “trained” to attract the last bees. Pollination of tomatoes is carried out by bee colonies pollinating cucumber flowers. Hives with bees are transferred to greenhouses with flowering tomatoes and fed to insects with syrup flavored with flowers of tomatoes. Thus, the bees will work intensively in the tomato greenhouse. However, with the flowering of other fragrant honey plants, bees can flop over them. To avoid this, tomatoes should be grown so that they begin to bloom earlier than other pollenaceae flowers.
After 3-4 weeks, produce a second pick of the seedlings in large pots, measuring 12x12 cm. Care of the seedlings after the second pick is the same as after the first pick. The second picking is necessary for slowing down the growth of plants, since it is necessary to achieve the growth of strong, resistant plants, and excessive stretching of the stems makes the seedlings fragile and vital unstable.
Seed treatment before sowing
Sprinkling leaves from a spray bottle
- Summer resident must follow the growth rate and the appearance of seedlings. Plants themselves are able to signal what substances they lack for normal development.
- Egg shell tincture:
- - potassium sulfate - 1.5 g,
- To grow a good crop of tomatoes, it is enough to know a few simple rules for growing and caring for these plants. Watch this video and find out.
Fertilizing tomatoes can be a variety of drugs, which may include the following components:
. Also, do not forget to slightly loosen the ground after dressing.
Tear off only 1/3 of the main spine
Many agronomists use a little secret to attract insect pollinators to the greenhouse: at the open entrance they hang a container of jam, honey or other sugar delicacy. The smell of sweets will attract bees, which later will begin to pollinate the tomatoes in the greenhouse.
The following feeding is carried out 15 days after the second transplanting. To prepare the top dressing composition, take 1 tablespoon of superphosphate and potassium sulfate and dilute in 10 liters of water, while thoroughly stirring. One pot should be watered with 1 cup of the resulting solution. After 15 days, re-feeding.
For the rapid growth of seedlings, it is recommended to warm the seeds at a temperature of 45-65 degrees for 3 hours. This procedure can be carried out at the battery or on special heating devices. But the main thing here is to comply with the measure: excessive heat can damage the structure of the seed.
. The solution for this method of feeding is prepared from 1 tablespoon of superphosphate and 1 liter of hot water. Heat the liquid to approximately 80 degrees. After infusion of the solution for 24 hours, its bright part is discharged into a separate container and diluted with water up to 10 liters. Fertilizer spraying ready.
Care of seedlings: temperature, watering, feeding
Lack of iron. In this case, the leaves of the tomato seedlings noticeably pale, bright green veins become clearly visible on them,
- eggshell - 2/3 buckets,- water - 1 l.Tomatoes consume quite a lot of nutrients from the soil at all stages of their development. Therefore, the dressing of tomato seedlings always justifies the efforts expended on it, both when grown in wide boxes, and in individual small cups.
One of the common and effective fertilizers is superphosphate, which promotes good growth of nightshade. In most cases, available in powder form.
Your seedlings are almost ready for planting.
Never take the plant by the stem, but only by the leaves or the earthy ball around the spine
For early tomatoes, seedlings are grown as early as possible. In tomatoes, depending on the variety, the interval between sprouting and fruit ripening is 120-130 days. Improving the external conditions: good light, sufficient heat and moisture, good soil composition, timely feeding, proper care - will help grow the crop of tomatoes 10-20 days earlier. The earlier seedlings have time to get stronger to the stalk and give more yield than the young and fragile. When sowing seedlings, it is important to consider the terrain where the plants will be grown. In the northern regions, where short, cold summers predominate, seedlings should be sown 70-80 days earlier. At the same time using artificial lighting, the required temperature.
Before planting, the seedlings begin to harden. It is carried to the balcony at a temperature not lower than 12 ° C, covered with a film at night.
After warming the seeds are treated with chemical solutions in order to avoid possible diseases of young plants. First, the seeds are treated with a solution of pharmaceutical manganese in the proportion of 1 g of manganese per 1 cup of water. In a tissue bag, seeds are soaked for 15–20 minutes in the prepared solution, and then washed with water. Then the seeds are soaked in a solution that promotes their nutrition and development. In 1 liter of water dilute 1 tablespoon of ash, or liquid fertilizer "Ideal", or ¼ teaspoon of sodium humate. In one of the prepared solutions dipped tomato seeds for 12 hours. Before processing the chemistry it is very important to carefully read the instructions for the use of chemicals and to keep the necessary proportions. Since improper care with the use of compounds can cause great harm to human health.
There are several basic rules that are important to follow during the fertilizer process:
Lack of nitrogen. If the plant lacks this substance, the leaves wither, turn yellow and quickly begin to fall. In addition, seedlings can grow extremely slowly. But it is important to remember that similar symptoms are observed when certain growing conditions are not observed - lack of light, too low or high temperature,
Planting tomatoes in the ground
Opponents of chemical fertilizers can be recommended extract from ash, yeast solution, an infusion of egg shells or peel from bananas. Preparing them at home is not at all difficult.
Good seedlings can only be grown in fertile land. Но, выбирая грунт для посева, огородники чаще руководствуются другими его качествами: гигроскопичностью, воздухопроницаемостью, удобным механическим составом. Их больше волнует отсутствие в субстрате патогенной микрофлоры, чем долговременный запас необходимых элементов. Конечно, сеянцы вырастут и без удобрений - на начальной стадии им достаточно веществ, запасенных внутри семян. Но это только на первое время.Young plants growing rapidly at room temperature will require more and more nutrition. Fasting, inevitably appearing when the seedlings are kept in limited volumes, can be eliminated only in one way - feeding.
Complex fertilizers. These are mixtures that include potassium and nitrogen.
It should have a nice rich green color.
It is advisable to work in gloves so that the plant does not have the shock of a temperature drop due to your touch
Caring for tomatoes is quite a responsible and troublesome thing, but harvesting these beautiful juicy fruits gives much more pleasure and benefit. After all, tomatoes are famous not only for their excellent taste, but also the content of vitamins, minerals and many other elements necessary for the human body. Due to the content of potassium, iron, folic acid, tomatoes are extremely useful for the cardiovascular system, improve the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, strengthen the overall tone of the body and improve overall health.
To grow a strong bush, the upper part of the plant is cut. From the sinuses of the lower leaves appear shoots - stepchildren. The two upper stepsons are left, the rest of the lower ones are removed. Thus, the plant is formed in 2 shoots, which, when planted in the ground, will be tied to a trellis. Pasynkovan procedure is performed for 20-25 days before landing in the ground.
After chemical treatment, the seeds are placed in pure water or in a solution of boric acid (0.2 g per 1 l of water) for 12 hours. It is important that the solutions and water are at a temperature of 24-25 ° C.
Flowering and pollinating characteristics of tomatoes
It is possible to feed plants only in the morning or evening hours,
Lack of phosphorus. In this case, the seedlings become purple hue.
Infusing for 3-4 days in a sealed container - the unpleasant odor of hydrogen sulfide does not mean that the product has deteriorated. Before use, drain and dilute with water three times.
The first feeding of seedlings of tomatoes is advisable to carry out not earlier than the appearance of the seedlings of the first true leaves. Some guides advise it to start at all only two weeks after the pick. In fact, it all depends on the planned number of feedings, determined by the quality of the used substrate.
In particular, organic fertilizers are used as a top dressing for tomato seedlings.. 15 days before disembarking, they begin to harden. To do this, on warm days, when the air temperature is above 12 ° C, it is exposed to fresh air for 2-3 hours in the first 2-3 days. Then you can leave the seedlings of tomatoes in the air for the whole day. As a result of hardening, seedlings of tomatoes should acquire a purple hue. It is also very important that the soil be sufficiently wet when hardened, otherwise the plants may wither.Dive plants are transplanted into small cups.
Growing seedlings of tomatoes: the first shoots
4In the first part of the article “Before planting seedlings at a permanent place, at the end of April, they begin to temper her. On warm days, seedlings are carried out to the balcony at a temperature not lower than 12 ° C, covered with a film at night. Hardened healthy seedlings have a bluish-purple hue.The yield of tomatoes depends on the proper care of the seeds.
Growing tomato seedlings: diving
After each application of root fertilizers, seedlings should be carefully watered with clean water, this will wash the remains off the leaflets and prevent them from burning,Such observations will help to choose the appropriate means for feeding at any stage.The second feeding of tomatoes is carried out no earlier than two weeks after the first. Its composition is largely determined by the state of seedlings. Healthy seedlings are quite suitable complex fertilizers, such as "Effecton O". But in the case of an apparent stretching of the stems, it is better to use superphosphate, dissolving it in hot water at the rate of one tablespoon per three liters. With the same purpose, you can pour a special drug "Athlete", slowing the growth of the aerial parts of the plant and stimulating the development of roots. But it should be used with great care - reuse can cause the stems and leaves to stop growing altogether.
- bread yeast - 5 grams,When picking seedlings produced in fertile soil, specifically designed for the cultivation of tomato seedlings, it can be limited to two, and even one fertilizer application. Make it 10 days before landing in a greenhouse or greenhouse. If ordinary garden soil is used, the plants quickly develop symptoms of deficiency of one or several basic elements, indicating the need for additional feeding. It is not difficult to notice them - it is not at all necessary to have any special skills or monitoring devices.Like any other organism, tomatoes need a balanced diet that includes macronutrients such as potassium, nitrogen, phosphorus, and trace elements - iron, copper, manganese.
- The last question remains: when to plant seedlings of tomatoes?
- . Each cup should have a drain hole so that the water in it does not stagnate. Note that if your seedlings are too stretched out, then it should be slightly buried during planting. The stem of the plant is half immersed in a hole and covered with earth. But make sure that the seed leaves remain above the surface. You can also make cups in the cups, in which the seedlings are laid, and covered with earth from above. Ensure that all leaves, including cotyledons, are not covered. Cover the seedlings with clear glasses. After a couple of days, when the seedlings are raised, they can be removed.
- Growing tomato seedlings
The seedlings ready for planting should have 8-12 leaves and one or two inflorescences, while the plants themselves should reach a height of 20-35 cm.Season hardening is carried out in a refrigerator for 1-2 days at a temperature of + 1 ° C, periodically sprinkling them with water. After all procedures, seeds are immediately sown in the soil.
It is very important to acquire in advance the soil, which will already be enriched with all the nutrients necessary for the seedlings, and it will act as the main main feeding during the entire period before planting seedlings into the soil.If it is decided to start dressing after the first leaf has appeared, then at this moment it is necessary to prepare
The composition of the third feeding must meet the specific needs of plants, usually determined visually. If they are not observed, and the seedlings look strong and healthy, you can limit yourself to a weak solution of complex fertilizers, such as Nitrophoska, Agricola, or even do without it.- water 5 liters.
Growing tomato seedlings: top dressing
With a lack of nitrogen leaves become stunted, gradually turn yellow and even fall off. The main thing is not to confuse this symptom with those that are observed under adverse growing conditions - low temperature, accompanied by excessive watering.Place of planting vegetables is recommended to prepare in the autumn. However, it is necessary to take into account the fact that these colorful vegetables do not like overfeeding. When the period of planting of tomatoes from the greenhouse into the open ground comes, it is recommended to sprinkle it with a little bit of ash. When you make this substance in the soil, you need to understand that the ash is quite caustic and the main thing is not to overdo it. Of course, it will not provide a full-fledged fertilizer, but it will help if the seedling stalks are too thin or slow down a little in growth.
Seedlings are planted in late May and early June.After diving the first 3 days»Country of the Soviets has already told about the preparation of the container, soil mixture and seeds for sowing. Now it is worthwhile to tell in more detail how to grow tomato seedlings. Share with friends:
Caring for tomatoes that are planted in a greenhouse is more complicated. It is necessary to monitor the soil moisture and temperature environment.Seeds of tomatoes are sown from February 5 to 25 in boxes, each grade separately. The soil for growing seedlings is prepared as follows: take 1 part of sod land, peat and humus. To the finished mixture add a liter jar of river sand, 1 tablespoon of superphosphate and the same wood ash.
Why do you need to feed tomato seedlings?
First, the germ has enough nutrients that are in the soil. But then they are not enough, there are signs by which you can determine the deficiency of an element.
- The leaves brighten, the veins become clearer. This means that the plants do not have enough iron. Or is it a sign that they suffer from bleach when they are poured over with unplugged tap water. The phenomenon is called chlorosis.
- Tomato saplings are very fragile, break when lightly touched to them. This indicates a lack of magnesium.
- The leaves darken, a purple tinge appears, which is clearly visible from the bottom. Clear phosphorus deficiency.
- Tomato leaves are bright, stunted, fall down. Among the reasons - insufficient watering, lack of light, lack of nitrogen.
Top dressing after picking: when and with what?
A pick is stressful for a plant. He needs to adapt to a new place and, often, to a new ground. In addition, the roots may be damaged during transplantation. Therefore, to adapt it is better to leave them alone, providing sufficient lighting and regular watering.
To feed the seedlings tomato and peppers can be started 10-12 days after picking. Further, complex fertilizers plants need to be enriched every 10 days.
After landing in the ground feed tomatoes after two weeks. During this time it becomes noticeable that tomatoes are rooted, grow and develop normally. Such fertilizers are suitable for the first feeding:
- Mullein solution. It will greatly strengthen the immune system and contribute to higher yields. Cow manure is diluted in water 1:10 (one part manure, 10 - water). To the solution add a spoon nitrophoska. Under each bush you need to pour half a liter of solution.
- Bird droppings. It is a source of nitrogen. Two parts of dry chicken dung pour one part of hot water, leave in a closed container to ferment for two days. Then infused mixture diluted with water, its volume should be more than 10 times. It is this solution that is most often used by gardeners to first fertilize tomato seedlings after picking.
- Baker's yeast. It is a true growth promoter. They contain trace elements necessary for plants. A yeast starter is prepared (one hundred grams of raw yeast is taken per 10 liters of warm water, a handful of sugar is added for better fermentation). A few days while wandering, yeast solution is infused. Then it is still bred (1 l per 5 l of water) and tomato seedlings are watered a week or two after transplanting into the ground.
Organic fertilizers that can be prepared at home deserve the special attention of gardeners. There are a lot of recipes and recommendations.
But there are the most popular ones that have proven their effectiveness for more than one season:
- Iodine solution. It stimulates the growth of tomatoes, fights against fungal diseases, improves their immunity, and contributes to increased yields. In specialized agro shops you can buy ready-made iodine-containing water-soluble fertilizers and water the plants with them. But just prepare the iodine solution at home, for this it is enough to dilute one drop of iodine in 3 liters of water. Then this solution should be sprayed sprouts from the sprayer. Before landing in the ground, it is enough to hold one such seedling feed.
- Ash. It is a source of potassium and phosphorus. Ash is very good against fungal diseases. 1 tbsp. l ash dissolved in 2 liters of hot water and insist day. A solution of ash watered tomatoes. Here it is important to remember that nitrogen-containing fertilizers cannot be mixed with ashes. Fertilizers with nitrogen can be applied only a month after the ash dressing.
- Banana peel. Like a banana, it is rich in potassium. It is applied as a fertilizer in different ways, in dry form or infusion. Banana peel is dried (for example, on the battery), crushed into powder and it is already added directly to the well when it is planted in the ground. To prepare the infusion you need to put the peel of two or three bananas in a three-liter jar, pour water and insist for three days. Strain and water.
- Eggshell. It contains calcium carbonate, silicon, sulfur, phosphorus, potassium and magnesium. But for the preparation of fertilizer shells must be collected in advance. Thoroughly dry. There are two ways to use it: they crush, grind into a coffee grinder into a powder, and then pour it into the hole. To prepare the infusion you need to take the crushed shell from 5-7 eggs and pour 1 liter of boiling water. Put in a dark place, slightly open the lid, insist about a week. The clouding of the solution and the presence of hydrogen sulfide odor are signs of infusion readiness
- Coffee grounds. Sleeping coffee grounds are mixed with the soil, in which the dive seedlings. The soil is looser, its permeability is improved, it is enriched with micro and macro elements contained in the thicket.
- Onion Husk It has an antibacterial effect. 20 g of husk pour 5 liters of water, insist 4 days, then strain. This infusion is useful to water the tomatoes or spray leaves.
- Potato peelings. They contain nutrient-rich starch. Potato peelings are boiled. Water, in which they boiled, water the plants.
Important! So that nutrients reach the roots faster, all root dressings are added after watering!
Foliar top dressing
Very positive effect on plants and foliar bait. They are carried out by spraying the leaves. The treatment should be carried out early in the morning, when the dew has not dried on them, so nutrients get into the plant more quickly.
For spraying tomatoes use:
- Urea solution.
- Potassium monophosphate.
- Potassium nitrate.
Fertilizer offers from the store
For those who do not have the opportunity to mess with the preparation of home infusions, you can buy ready-made chemical fertilizers.
Choose those that are well proven and feed them tomatoes and peppers after picking:
- For example, "Nitrofoska" or "Agricola." 1 tbsp. l of the drug is diluted in 1 liter of water. The solution is poured after the main irrigation, little by little. After two weeks you can repeat.
- If the stems of a tomato seedling are very thin, elongated, feed it with superphosphate (1 tbsp per 3 liters of water).
- Once the plants are useful to spray the drug "Athlete".
- Against fungal diseases it is necessary to spray the bushes with phytosporin.
- If the seedlings are healthy, support its development with “Effecton O”.
- To feed the seedlings of tomatoes is worth every other week. But a week before planting in open ground, fertilizers are stopped.
Feeding tomatoes after picking promotes the growth of healthy plants. Offers than fertilize seedlings - many. The right choice will ensure a good harvest.
Why do you need it
At the very beginning of his journey, the bush is more than enough with the resources it has. Nutrients that are available in the grain itself, as well as in fertile soil, are sufficient to give the first sprouts. But enough of them only in the early stages of development.
A huge amount of resources goes to the fact that the first shoots appear, to make their way through to the top, even if through loose earth. In conditions of an apartment or a country house, when all possible conditions for active growth are created, tomatoes grow much faster. And in order not to wither, he just needed additional useful substances. Otherwise, nutritional deficiencies may occur.
Signs that your favorite bushes something missing the following:
- The leaves have acquired a light shade, and also become transparent so that you can easily see all the veins on them. A possible reason is that you water them with plain tap water. It contains chlorine, which is detrimental to the bush. Also, the reason may be that the plant will be from a strong iron deficiency. This phenomenon is called Chlorosis,
- If you notice that your tomato bush has become very fragile and is able to break from any touch, then you need to add fertilizer to the soil, which is rich in magnesium,
- In the event that the leaves on a small bush have acquired a purple hue, then this is a sure sign that the plant suffers from an acute lack of phosphorus,
- Swagging, falling off and acquiring foliage of a light shade is a sure sign that the bush is experiencing an acute shortage of water, air or magnesium. Also, the cause of wilting may be too low temperature.
How to feed your tomatoes
Gardening professionals are strongly advised to start feeding tomatoes at the very beginning of their life journey. Usually, they begin to feed the tomato seedlings at the moment when the first two small leaves appear on the stems. It is during this period that the foundation for future growth is laid. Forms immunity to all kinds of diseases. It is especially important that the resistance to late blight increases significantly.
The better to feed the bush, the healthier it will grow.
Прекрасным вариантом подкормки на данной стадии являются различные препараты, которые вы можете приобрести в советующем магазине. Данные препараты стимулируют рост куста, а также помогают ему справится с большим количеством недугов. Устойчивость к болезням отличным образом стимулируется раствором меди.
По прошествии первой недели после подкормки, необходимо ее повторить. At this stage it is already possible to feed with fertilizers, which include a whole range of different substances. In this case, there are also various drugs that are sold in hardware stores. There are fertilizers specialized for tomatoes. Do not be afraid to use them. Your bush knows perfectly well what it needs and will take for itself all that is necessary.
Next, you need to feed every 10 days. You can use, as in the second stage, complex fertilizers.
It must be understood that the pick is not just experienced by your bush. He needs to adapt to the new soil and its composition. Also, do not avoid damaging the root system, which can destroy your plant. Therefore, it is necessary to give the bush time for rehabilitation. After two weeks, you need to feed your seedlings with a solution of urea or equivalent.
After that we feed every 10 days with complex fertilizer. Treatment of tomato with various antiviral and antifungal drugs will also have a positive effect in order to avoid infection and death.
What top dressing is best suited for this?
There are many ways to feed tomatoes after a pick. Below will be presented the most effective of them. It is important not only how, but also how to feed tomato seedlings after picking.
Every gardener knows that plants receive nutrients not only through the roots, but also through their other parts. One of the main conductors of the necessary food are the leaves of the plant. And tomatoes are no exception to this rule. In this regard, foliar top dressing is a very effective method of helping the bush after a dive. This method has the greatest efficiency in the event that the feeding of tomatoes through the leaves is carried out simultaneously with the usual root.
An excellent time for this procedure is the early morning when the dew comes out. It is during this period that leaves are best perceived additional food.
Excellent nutrient sources for foliar nutrition are:
- Urea solution,
- Potassium monophosphate,
- Potassium nitrate solution,
- Superphosphate solution,
- Phytosporin solution,
One of the most popular among gardeners source of what fertilize tomato seedlings, are organic fertilizers. This method gained popularity due to its own versatility. For example, some gardeners soil fertilized next to the bushes used tea brewing.
Eggshell can also be an excellent organic fertilizer. Only it is necessary to take into account that the eggs from which you take this shell must be homemade. Eggs from the store are treated with solutions that can cause irreparable harm to seedlings.
Another no less popular method is to feed the tomato with iodine. It stimulates not only good growth, but also good health of the bush and future fruits. Plants fertilized with iodine will yield significantly greater yields. On sale you can find some fertilizers that contain iodine.
You can use them and get the desired result. You can also simply dissolve two drops of iodine in four liters of warm water and spray over the seedlings. Before planting seedlings in the ground, one such top dressing is enough. The first feeding of seedlings of tomatoes after picking with iodine is an excellent choice.
An effective way to feed the tomato bush is to feed the tomatoes with yeast. In the old days, yeast was a popular source of nutrients for seedlings. This was due to the fact that the choice was not as great as in modern times.
After the appearance on the market of a large number of new drugs, many have forgotten about yeast, but in vain. In addition to the fact that the yeast itself contains a large number of different elements that are extremely useful for tomatoes, they also stimulate the activity of various microorganisms inside the soil, which has a very positive effect on the development of the bush.
Ash is another long-lived source of food for seedlings. As well as yeast, was undeservedly forgotten. Ash contains a large amount of potassium and phosphorus. It stimulates the production of immunity in your tomato bush. It is useful for the prevention of fungal diseases. The main thing to remember about using ash is not to mix it with nitrogen fertilizers.
Now you know how to feed tomato seedlings, how, and whether you need to do it.
Growing tomato seedlings: hardening and planting
Thanks to meticulous care and competent regular feeding, the summer resident will be able to get an excellent harvest of ripe and tasty tomatoes in the future.Copper solutionMost of the summer residents of our country plant different varieties of tomatoes on their land. After all, these vegetables are tasty and healthy. Before planting them directly in the garden, they first grow seedlings from seeds at home. The quality and volume of the future tomato crop depends on how successful this process goes. That is why it is very important to properly feed the seedlings.
Stir well and insist for 24 hours. The resulting suspension to feed the seedlings. Fertilizer is not stored.Too violet shade of the stems and the underside of the leaves indicates phosphorus deficiency. And chlorosis, characterized by green veins on the background of a noticeable lightening of leaf blades - for iron deficiency.Fertilizing tomato seedlings is recommended to start from a very early age. The picking process is carried out 15-20 days after germination. After picking on seedlings, sodium humate has a positive effect.
. At this time, your seedlings should have reached a height of 25-35 cm. On each plant there will be 8-12 well-developed leaves. Also sometimes you can see well-formed inflorescences. To preserve these inflorescences, 4-5 days before planting in the open ground, they are sprayed with boron solution (1 g of boric acid per 1 l of water). Spray the plants should be only in cloudy weather, so that the leaves of the plants did not appear burns.
Choose mineral fertilizers
Growing tomatoes occurs in several stages: sowing seeds, picking seedlings, planting seedlings in the ground. In order for the plants to grow well and give a rich harvest, it is necessary to water the seedlings regularly and observe the light and temperature regimes. Requires and proper dressing tomato.
For active growth, seedlings need soil enriched with micro and macro elements. With a very good soil they will be enough nutrients contained in it. But most often gardeners and gardeners use land from land for growing seedlings. In this case, you should feed the tomato seedlings after picking, because food they may not be enough. And before planting in the ground, the plants need to be fed at least 2 times.
How to feed tomatoes? Special complex fertilizer can be purchased at a specialty store.Another option is to prepare the solution yourself, using certain proportions of mineral fertilizers.: for 10 l of water, urea is taken - 5 g, superphosphate - 35-40 g and potassium sulfate - 15 g. This will be the first feeding of tomato seedlings after picking.
Not all gardeners are convinced that at this stage young plants need nitrogen. Therefore, they propose a different solution formula for tomato seedlings after picking: for 10 liters of water, take 1 tbsp. l potassium monophosphate. And all subsequent fertilizing will already include nitrogen. By the way, the proportions of mineral fertilizers for the second and following feedings will be somewhat different: you must take 10 g of urea for a 10 l bucket of water, 50 g of superphosphate and 20 g of potassium sulfate.
Another option than to fertilize seedlings: 5-7 g of ammonium nitrate, 30-40 g of superphosphate and 15-20 g of potassium sulfate per 10-liter bucket.
Feed the seedlings can and foliar way. It provides additional plant nutrition through the leaves and stimulates disease resistance. Need to take 1 tsp. any mineral fertilizer (urea, potassium nitrate, potassium monophosphate or calcium nitrate), dissolve in 10 liters of water and spray young plants with a spray bottle. Periodicity - 1 foliar feeding of tomato seedlings per week.
Not only mineral, but also organic fertilizers bring tangible benefits to plants and have a positive effect on yield. Top dressing of tomatoes can be carried out:
- the so-called green fertilizer.
How to cook green fertilizer? You need to take an empty bucket, fill it halfway with weeds and nettles, fill it with water and put it on. You can increase nutritional value by adding a handful of chicken manure or a small amount of mullein. After about a week, the fertilizer will be ready.
For cooking egg shell you need to fill a 3-liter jar with a shell at 1/3, fill with water. After 3 days, drain the solution, dilute with water in a ratio of 1: 3 and pour over the tomatoes.
Banana skins are rich in many substances, so necessary for young, and adult plants. They are dried, and if necessary placed in a container, filled with water and infused for a week. For 1 kg of dry raw materials need 3 liters of water. Other gardeners practice feeding humates (according to the instructions for use).
Ash - a source of phosphorus and potassium. Fertilize ash in two ways:
- 1 tbsp. l ash pour 2 liters of hot water. A day later, the filtered solution is used for watering tomatoes.
- For 1 bucket of cold water, take 100 g of ash, mix, insist for 2-3 days and water the seedlings.
A yeast solution is prepared as follows: in a 10-liter bucket filled with warm water, put 10 g of dry yeast, add 1 tbsp. ash and 5 tbsp. l Sahara. After 2 hours, the concentrated solution will be ready. It is diluted with water in a ratio of 1:10 and watered the ground around the tomatoes.
Signs of nutritional deficiencies in tomatoes
The appearance of the seedlings can determine whether it is fully receiving nutrients, or lacks one or another element. For example, the yellowing and weakness of the lower leaves, the general stunted appearance of the plant may indicate nitrogen deficiency. But to get involved in fertilizing with nitrogen-containing fertilizers is also not worth it: the foliage will actively grow, “fatten”, and the crop can not be obtained.
The purple color of the plants indicates a lack of phosphorus in the soil. But at the same time seedlings can not lag behind in development. Then additional measures are not required.
Pale leaves with green veins are a sign of iron deficiency (chlorosis). Tomato seedlings should be treated with iron in a digestible form - spray it with a light hypotonic solution of ferrous sulfate directly on the leaves.
Lack of magnesium can be determined by twisting and fragility of tomato leaves.
Information about how to feed tomato seedlings after picking will certainly be useful to novice gardeners and more experienced farmers. After all, there are many ways, and everyone chooses for himself the most acceptable and effective.