Tomato Gina characteristic and description of the variety which is presented in this article are the most large-fruited. Also, the culture refers to high-yielding varieties. New variety of tomato gina was bred not so long ago by Dutch breeders, has already managed to win love from gardeners gardeners.
Efficient, comfortable and sooooo fast. When you need to lose 3-4 pounds per week. Read more here.
Genie's tomatoes grow best in the Central Black Earth region. Can quickly adapt to different conditions. The plant is thermophilic, and in regions with a warm climate, its seeds can be planted immediately in open ground.
Description and characteristics of the variety
Dutch variety of gin tomatoes was listed in the State Register of the Russian Federation in 2000. Tomatoes are intended for cultivation in greenhouses, as well as in areas with initial film shelter.
- Variety, not a hybrid.
- Mid-season. The fruits ripen at 110-120 days after seed germination.
- Determinant with a limited growth of the stem, not standard. The bush grows to a height of 50-60 cm. It consists of three main stems that grow from the root itself.
- Suitable for cultivation in the south of Russia, in Moldova and Ukraine. Here it is grown in open ground, without covering the film. For a colder climate, tomatoes need greenhouse conditions.
- Shrub medium green with large leaves.
- During the growth period, no garter, pasynkovanie and the formation of the bush.
- Inflorescences are simple. The first is formed above the 8-9 leaf, followed by each 3 leaf. On one brush produces from 3 to 6 tomatoes.
- The variety does not tolerate sudden changes in temperature, so if necessary, young seedlings in the open field are covered with a film.
- Resistant to diseases such as late blight, mosaic virus, verticillis, root rot and fusarium. May be attacked by pests.
- High yield. If all the rules of cultivation (watering, fertilizers) are observed, 1 bush can produce up to 4 kg of large tomatoes.
- There is also a hybrid form of this variety.: Gina TST. The hybrid was later bred by experts from the Moscow agricultural company Poisk.
- Gina variety has round-shaped fruits, slightly flattened at the fruit, there is a slight ribbing.
- The average weight of one tomato is 200 g. Tomatoes grown in greenhouse conditions can reach a weight of up to 400 g.
- Tomatoes in immature condition are green, and fully ripened red.
- The flesh is thick and juicy.
- Inside there are 6-8 seed chambers with an average number of seeds.
- The skin is thick, dense.
- The taste is sour-sweet, rich.
- Fruits with a characteristic tomato flavor.
- The composition of the tomato contains about 5% of dry matter.
- After harvesting, tomatoes can be stored for a long time - for three months in the event that they are folded in a glass dish, tightly closed with a lid and kept in a cold place. With proper storage, Gina tomatoes retain all their qualities for a long time.
- When transporting retain their original appearance.
- Crop harvested before the onset of frost.
Emaciated Stepanenko: I weighed 108, and now 65. At night she drank warm. Read more here.
Take a look photo varieties of tomatoes Gina in different degrees of maturity and in the cut state.
Gina variety is included in the list of the best large-fruited tomatoes created by European breeders. He has a lot of advantages:
- It is not exacting to conditions of cultivation and leaving.
- Harvesting is long - until the end of the season.
- Not exposed to many solanaceous diseases.
- It has large fruits.
- The harvest is quite high.
- Great tomato flavor.
- Perfectly stored and carry transportation over long distances.
- Tomatoes practically do not crack when overripened.
- Bushes do not need to be staved.
- Suitable for young growers without much experience.
I was able to get rid of ARTHROSIS AND OSTEOCHONDROSIS PER MONTH! Operations are not needed. Read more here.
- Prone to pest attack.
- Does not tolerate temperature extremes.
Features of growing
The variety of Gin tomatoes can be grown in two ways:
Seeds of gin's tomatoes are sown on seedlings in the last decade of March. In open ground, seedlings are transferred in early or mid-June. The plant painfully perceives low temperatures, therefore, it is transplanted to the site only after the earth warms up completely and passes the risk of night frosts.
Planted seedlings of 3-4 pieces per 1 square. meter. After disembarkation, it is recommended to tie up the bushes on a temporary support until they gain strength. Throughout the season, the plant does not form and does not remove spikes.
The seedless method is that seeds are sown directly in open ground. Usually gardeners from the southern regions use this method. To do this, select areas with good lighting.
Seeds of tomatoes are prepared for planting in advance. In order for them to sprout faster, they are placed in a growth stimulator Zircon for 6 hours. In each hole need to put 3-4 seed. The wells are placed at a distance of 25-30 cm from each other. Between rows, the distance should be at least 65-70 cm.
To create more favorable conditions, the beds are covered with a film to create a greenhouse effect. When sprouts appear, they should be thinned out, leaving the highest quality. Weak seedlings of tomato gina clean.
Details on the cultivation of tomatoes are described in the article:Tomato cultivation technology. Secrets of planting and care
Genie Tomatoes Great for fresh consumption. Of them prepare a variety of salads, snacks, juices and pastes. Due to the thick skin, tomatoes are used for pickling and canning. They turn out very tasty and do not crack.
Watch the video! Tomato Gina
Reviews who planted
Many gardeners do not like to spend a lot of time on the formation and pasynkovanie tomato bushes, so the grade Gina is so popular. Below are the reviews of those who have already grown this variety and knows everything about it.
Elena Sergeevna, Saratov region
Ivan Denisovich, Rostov Region
Nadezhda, Moscow Region
Natalia, Leningrad region
Svetlana Alekseevna, Sverdlovsk Region
Albina V., Volgograd region
Varvara Ivanovna, Pskov Region
Valentina Petrovna, Krasnodar Territory
Description of the variety and characteristics
- Genie's Tomato - determinant, with medium lining, a low-growing plant. The height of the bush is about 50–60 cm.
- The leaves are large, green, dense. Shrub medium, consists of three stems, growing from the beginning of the root. Does not require garter, pinching, pinching and the formation of bushes.
- The time from the beginning of the emergence of the beginner sprouts to the maturation of the fetus takes an average of 110–120 days. Although in the description of breeders, the variety is listed as medium worn under special favorable conditions (greenhouses, high temperatures, hot climates) Jin's tomatoes begin to turn red 85 days after the first sprouts appeared.
- Description of tomato. Genie has a simple mind. The first brush starts laying on 8–9 leaves, then after 1–2 leaves. It is characterized by unfriendly fruiting. 3–6 fruits appear on one hand.
- Description and characteristics of the fruit. Large, mid-season, bright red. Form rounded, slightly flattened top. The average weight of tomato is about 200 grams, although it is 400 grams. Inside the fruit 6–8 chambers, 5% of dry matter by weight. Tomato has a thick, thick skin. Taste is saturated, with juicy sweetish-sour pulp and pleasant aroma. When overripe cracking.
- Characteristics of the soil for the cultivation of plants. As a stunted plant, it loves soil and is grown in the southern latitudes of the Black Earth region in a seedless way, it grows well in greenhouses in central Russia. Tomatoes are thermophilic, they often suffer when temperature drops, and when transplanted into open ground, seedlings provide additional temporary shelter. Since Gina tomatoes with a strong root system, can be cultivated in poor soils.
- Gin variety is characterized by resistance to such diseases as fusarium, verticillis, root rot, late blight and TMV.
- Tomatoes are stored for a long time and are well transported.
In this variety, there is a Russian hybrid form - Gina TST.
Such a tomato was bred by the breeders of the Russian company Poisk. Tomatoes are similar to gin tomatoes, but have features.
Characteristic of a grade of Jean TST:
- Height reaches up to 65 cm, although the plant is also determinative type.
- Gina TST is distinguished by high branching, but also with 2-3 shoots from the stem. They plant no more than 4–5 bushes per square meter, otherwise they can “slaughter” each other, which will affect fertility. Shrubs are recommended to tie up to the support, to prevent the collapse of plants.
- Does not need to be staved.
- Gene's TST has an average maturity that starts about 105 days after disembarkation. When growing, it is advised to remove the lower leaves from the shoots in order to improve the nutrition of the fruit. For a good crop to air the soil.
- Fruits are round, slightly flattened with light ribbing. Ripe red tomatoes and a rather big weight of 230-350 gr.
- The hybrid has an average yield of up to 10–12 kg from one meter.
- The hybrid variety is resistant only to verticillosis and Fusarium.
- Tomatoes are perfectly stored and transported, keeping a fresh look. Used for fresh cooking, for preservation not suitable because of the large size.
Growing gin tomato
Tcultivation technology It has features, although it is similar to other varieties of tomato.
The preparation describes the following steps:
- Preparatory stage: soak tomato seeds in potassium permanganate solution for 2 hours.
- Plant material in two ways: seedless and rassadnym. In the open ground, the seeds are planted in prepared holes of 40 * 50. In greenhouses, greenhouses and home conditions - they plant seedlings.
- Seeds start cooking in late February or early March. And the seedlings are transplanted into the open land, to the prepared beds, at the end of May. It is believed that if there are two true leaves, seedlings are ready for planting. Seedlings method for Gina tomatoes is preferred.
- It is worth remembering that transplantation of this variety occurs after uniform heating of the soil in order to protect the plant from low temperatures.
- To accelerate the growth of sprouts, it is recommended to use mineral fertilizers.
- The pickup takes place when the seedlings have three true leaves.
When growing a Genie variety the following recommendations:
- Follow the rotation. It is better to plant tomatoes after onions, carrots, legumes, lettuce. And do not grow after solanaceous crops, eggplants, pepper.
- Plant basil, coriander, mustard near the beds. This is done to attract insect pollinators.
- By resorting to artificial pollination, the fertility of the plant increases.
- In the wells before planting seedlings, wood ash is added to fill with microelements and protect against some plant diseases.
- Top dressing bring on a stage of formation of fruits and ovaries of a harvest. Keep in mind that nitrogen fertilizers should be kept to a minimum. An excess of nitrogen in the soil provokes the appearance of greenish spots on tomato fruits.
Gin and Gin TST varieties have an uncomplicated growing pattern, but do not neglect proper care and care.
Care and protection against pests
The description for the care and protection from pests of this class is standard and similar to the usual agrocomplex tomato cultivation techniques.
- Watered twice a week. With fruiting and in hot weather, watering the beds every other day or every day.
- Loosening after each watering and weeding will give improved nutrition to the tomatoes and provide a harvest.
- In hot climates, the garter does not.
- In Gina tomatoes, determinant, compact bushes and therefore do not pay special attention to stading. But we need high-quality plant fertilization according to the following scheme. The first time fertilized 2 weeks after planting greenery at a permanent place of promise. Next - in 10 days, then again in 2 weeks. And 20 days after the third feeding. Watering during this period is increasing. Tomatoes are fed with mineral fertilizers and herbal infusions. To increase the sugar content of fruit pulp and to protect the bush from pathogenic microflora, it is recommended to pour three times a month with a weak solution of potassium permanganate.
- In the fight against insect pests using chemicals and traditional medicine.
Tomato Variety and Gina Hybrid bear fruit well with easy agrotechnical care, even at home.
Gina - deterministic varietyself stopping growth after forming 8 brushes. In an exhaust gas, the height of a bush is about 60 cm. Growth of tomatoes planted in a greenhouse may exceed 1 m.
The bush is weak-branching (non-embossed), strong, no need to stepchild. The descriptions indicate that the grade does not require a garter. But in practice, a bush without a support can collapse due to the simultaneous pouring of a large number of fruits.
Fruits can be classified as dessert tomatoes, as they have a flesh of dense texture with a good, harmonious taste. The shape of the fruit is beautiful, rounded.
Color is saturated, red. The skin is dense, smooth. Fruits do not crack, gain weight up to 200 g. The largest weigh almost 300 g. The bush with spicy tomatoes is very decorative.
With proper care, the bush gives the crop in a short time. Efficiency grade for exhaust is good. Remove 10 kg of tomatoes, if you follow the planting scheme 4 plants per 1 sq. Km. m
Purpose of fruits universal. Tomatoes are good for canning, you can pickle sliced: do not fall apart, retain their shape and color. Sauces and ketchups from this variety of tomatoes are thick and tasty.
Purpose of fruits is universal, can be attributed to dessert varieties
Tomato health benefits
The pulp of tomato gin can be called healing due to the high content of vitamins and microelements. Benefit health, strengthen it in the summer can be, using tomatoes in fresh or processed (juice, mashed potatoes) form.
Useful tomatoes for men after 40 - prevention of adenoma. Lycopene - an antioxidant contained in tomatoes, reduces the risk of cancer cells.
Beautiful, tanned skin is the dream of every young woman. The chance to get a tan beautiful golden hue increases with regular use of tomatoes.
Tomatoes are useful for hypertensive men, men over 40 years
Sergei: “The first time Gina planted two years ago. Since then, every year I plant them. Not a lot of soot, bushes 10. Gathered tomatoes are enough to eat and make adjika for the winter. ”
Irina: “Planted Gina in the OG and in the greenhouse. The result obtained in the OG, gave more. Bushes turned out strong, all covered with tomatoes, which sang very quickly. Not shepherd, but tied to a support. From the severity of the fruit bushes overwhelmed. I think that the variety behaves well in the south of Western Siberia. ”
The seedless method makes it easier to grow tomatoes. Sow seeds when the soil warms up, bypass the spring fluctuations of night temperatures. Ridge for sowing to dig in advance. She has to stand for several days.
Under the digging for each square meter of the ridge you can add:
- ash - 1 tbsp.,
- superphosphate - 2 tbsp. lt
- humus - 1 bucket.
On each square meter of the ridge form 4 holes with a diameter of 35 cm. Spill the wells with warm water. When the earth settles, put the seeds of 3-4 pieces per well. Sprinkle with humus.
Before the emergence of the seedlings, water with a small amount of water.. When the tomatoes grow and get stronger, remove the weaker sprouts or transplant them to another ridge.
Sow the seeds when the soil warms up, sprinkle with humus
If you plan to plant tomatoes in the OG in mid-May, then seeds are sown in March. In Siberia, you can sow in April, as seedlings are planted in the ground in early June.
Sow seeds can be in a plastic container with lids. Use high-quality purchased soil ready for use.
To level the earth, to water. Seeds spread out at a distance of 3 cm from each other. Cover with 2 cm of soil. Container to close and put in a bright place for germination.
As soon as these leaves appear, pick out a Gin tomato in separate cups. Grown seedlings land in the ground according to the scheme: 4 plants per 1 square. m.
Seeds are sown in containers in March; in May, seedlings are planted in open ground.
Gina's tomato is not necessary for pasynkovatA bush is recommended to form into 3 trunks. Basic care, except weeding and loosening the soil between the rows, is reduced to watering and feeding.
Need to water abundantly. The frequency depends on the soil and weather conditions. Ideal irrigation option - drip, otherwise - at the root.
During the season to spend at least four root dressings.
Description and characteristics of tomatoes grade Gina, reviews, photos
An excellent fruitful variety of tomatoes that can grow even a beginner who does not know the agricultural practices of tomatoes.
Mid-season, undersized, unpretentious and very popular among summer residents of the variety of tomato for open ground, film shelters and greenhouses.
Deterministic type of bush, medium branchy, 40-50 centimeters high, not requiring staking. Подвязка растения к опоре желательна, иначе куст может заваливаться под тяжестью плодов.
Основные качества плодов
Fruits of flat-rounded shape, dense, large, fleshy, not prone to cracking, in the stage of maturity of orange-red color, weighing 190-200 grams (up to 300 g), juicy, of excellent taste. These tomatoes are universal use - they are suitable for fresh consumption, and for the processing of tomato products, canning.
The merits of the variety: resistance to the main diseases of tomato (including late blight), high yield, successful combination of short stature and large-fruited.
Gin Tomato Yield
With the observance of agrotechnology with 1 bush of this variety, you can get up to 2.5 kg of fruits. That is, if you planted seeds on time, grown good strong seedlings and after disembarking it to a permanent place you looked after the tomato according to all the rules, then you are guaranteed to get a good harvest. Of course, the weather makes small adjustments, but you always get 2 kg of tomatoes from 1 plant with proper care.
Gina Tomatoes, video
If you grew Gina tomatoes, please write in the comments the advantages and disadvantages of this variety. What was the yield and taste of the fruit in your climatic conditions? How do you rate the resistance of this variety to diseases? Briefly describe the advantages and disadvantages (pros and cons) of this tomato in your opinion. If possible, attach to a comment photo of the whole bush or individual fruits grown by you. Thank!
Your reviews about Tomato Gina and additions to the description will help many gardeners evaluate this variety and decide whether to plant it or not.
Tomato "Gina": description of the variety
Let's start with the description of the tomato "Gina". It was withdrawn quite recently, but has already gained wide popularity and popularity. The plant is short, determinant, medium-leaf. The shrub is not standard, up to 50-60 cm high, consists of three stems growing from the root itself. Does not require a garter, formation, pasynkovaniya.
The variety of tomatoes "Gina" is large-fruited, middle-ripening, from the appearance of the first sprouts to the full ripening of fruits, 110-120 days pass. The first brush begins to be laid above 8 sheets, the rest - after 1-2 sheets.
Like most low-growing tomatoes, it is grown in open ground, but also grows well in a greenhouse. The plant is very thermophilic, but in the south of the Russian Federation it can be cultivated in a seedless manner.
Suffering from temperature extremes, so when landing in open ground, he may need additional temporary shelter.
The bush is resistant to late blight, verticillosis, fusarium, root rot, TMM. May be attacked by pests. There is also a hybrid form of the plant: Gina TST. She bred a little later, the Moscow agricultural company "Search".
Tomatoes of the Gina variety are round, slightly flattened on top, of a bright red color, large, slightly ribbed, weighing about 200-300 grams. The number of chambers in the fruit is 6-8. Mass fraction of dry matter per tomato is 5%.
Compare the weight of fruit varieties with others can be in the table below:
The skin is thick, dense. The taste is sweet, pleasant, with a slight sourness. The flesh is fleshy, soft, aromatic and juicy. Tomatoes of excellent quality, even, beautiful. Well tolerate long-term transportation, long stored.
If these ripe tomatoes are placed in a sterile glass container, tightly closed with a lid and put on the cold, then they will retain their freshness, appearance and taste for up to three months. With proper storage, tomatoes do not lose their commercial quality and taste great for a very long time. Fruiting long, not friendly, stretched. About 3-5 fruits form on one brush.
We will also tell you about all means of protection against late blight and diseases such as Alternaria, Fusarium and Verticilliasis.
And now we offer to see photos of the Gina tomato variety.
Gina is a Dutch variety. Gina was included in the State Register of the Russian Federation in 2000 for growing in open ground, in greenhouses and under temporary film shelters. Cultivation of Gina tomatoes is carried out in the southern regions of Russia, in Ukraine and Moldova. There he grows beautifully without shelter, in the open field. More severe climatic conditions will require greenhouse cultivation.
Tomatoes of universal appointment: remarkably are suitable for production of juice, ketchup, paste. Can be used for salads, pickles. Because of the thick, dense skin, they are more often used for canning, pickling.
The variety is very productive. With proper care, timely watering, fertilizing, from one bush can collect up to 3-4 kg of large, delicious tomatoes. Gina is one of the best large-fruited tomato varieties of European selection.
The yield of other varieties is presented in the table below:
- prolonged fruiting
- resistance to major diseases
- high yield
- great taste
- good transportability, keeping quality,
- fruits slightly crack when ripening,
- does not need to be staved.
- bush may be attacked by pests
- suffers from temperature extremes.
Well suited for beginners amateur gardeners who do not have sufficient experience in the cultivation of this crop.
Diseases and pests
Gina is absolutely resistant to the main diseases of tomatoes, but sometimes it can be attacked by pests: aphids, wireworms, cedar beetles, grubs.
Seeing the appearance of aphids on the leaves is pretty easy. The sheet is covered with sticky liquid, curls, turns yellow. At the first signs of plant damage, you can use proven folk remedies (infusion of onion peel, garlic, wormwood or tobacco, soapy water).
If there are too many pests, then insecticide spraying will have to be resorted to. (Spark, Phyto farm, Proteus, Karate). Wireworm, Medvedka, and Khrushchi inhabit under the top layer of soil, destroying the root system. This can trigger a disease, and even the death of a plant.
Pests can only be detected by the general condition and appearance of the plant. It stops growing, fades, leaves turn yellow, fall off. Only processing with chemicals will help here: Zemlin, Medvetoks, Corado, Antikhrushch, Konfidor.
According to reviews of gardeners, Gina tomato - one of the best new varieties. It is very easy to grow, does not require special care. Observing the minimum requirements of agricultural technology, you can get a rich harvest of beautiful tomatoes with excellent taste.
Origin of Tomato Gina TST
The originator of the variety is the search firm known to many gardeners. The author is called Ognev Valeriy Vladimirovich Ognev's breeder. He also heads the Rostovsky breeding and seed production center, which is part of the Search structure. An application for Gina TST's varietal testing was received in 2008, and in 2009 the variety was already entered into the State Register as a selective achievement, recommended for cultivation in all regions of the Russian Federation.
Gina is an author's tomato from the company “Search”
Features and description of the Gina tomato variety
To begin with, this vegetable is a very thermophilic plant, only the southern climate is suitable for it. Does not like sudden changes in temperature, at night, it is recommended that seedlings be covered with a film so that the tomatoes do not get sick and spoil. By the way, it is possible to grow bushes with this vegetable in a seedless way. It should only wait until the earth warms up well and sow the seeds immediately in open ground, you can use the greenhouse conditions, then the planting of seeds will occur much earlier.
Bushes are not standard with an average number of leaves, short, refer to the form of determinant plants, their height can reach 60 cm. Usually a tomato is formed into three stems, which begin to grow from the roots. Grows well without pinching, garters and formation. The bush has innate immunity to diseases, but it is difficult to resist pests, so it is recommended to inspect the leaves and fruits every two days. For protection, you can use chemical sprayers, be careful, choose only those compounds that are not absorbed into vegetables and can not harm your body. A powerful root system can withstand even a very heavy bush. Gin tomatoes grow even on slightly enriched land.
The yield of a variety is high, from one square meter it is sometimes possible to collect up to 15 kg of ripe, juicy and fragrant fruits. Gin tomato has a rounded shape, slightly flattened near the stem, sometimes there is a slight pronounced ribbing. The sweet, fleshy flesh is hidden under the dense, thick rind of red. They are suitable for transportation over long distances, because the vegetable well preserves its presentation for up to 4 weeks. If you see a cut photo of a tomato, we will see 5-8 chambers with a large number of seeds. In addition, tomatoes are large-fruited varieties, and weigh about 300 g. Up to 5 fruits can be formed on one hand. Because of the rather large volumes, tomatoes are not suitable for canning in general, but salads for the winter are an excellent option for hostesses who have a lot of harvest.
Tomato genie tst is a hybrid subspecies of tomatoes, which we talked about a little higher. He has no particular distinctive features, he also belongs to the determinant species, has a low-growing shrub. The description of the variety is identical: the red and slightly ribbed fruits are slightly smaller in volume than the main species. Tastes are almost identical: sweet flesh with a thin sourness. Growing bushes produced in the open field and in greenhouses. The plant has increased resistance to late blight, but the pests that live in the upper layers of the soil, can maim the roots and destroy the bushes. According to reviews of gardeners, it was revealed that the bushes need a garter, otherwise they will fall on the ground or simply break down from gravity. The only difference is that the tomato variety is bred in Russia.
As previously mentioned, the variety of tomato gin and its subspecies grow well in the southern regions of the country. If you live in a city where climatic conditions are constantly changing, but you really want to grow this vegetable in your garden, then it is better to use a heated greenhouse. This does not mean that it should always be hot in it, because who wants to wind electricity in a greenhouse in summer, we just recommend to set the minimum heating temperature at night and on cold, cloudy days, which prevent the bushes from dying from the cold. Harvesting is easy, but to achieve it is difficult. Take care of the plant, and then grow tomatoes will not be a burden.
After planting the seeds of gin tomatoes in the garden, he had long doubted that something could grow from this. A week passed, I opened the film, with which I covered the ground with seeds, and there the first leaves were already hatching. Three weeks later, the seedlings had to be transplanted to a new place, they became crowded. I recently retired and took up the garden, and no one warned me that the seeds should be planted at a distance of 30 cm from each other. A month later, the first flowers appeared on the bushes, then everything went like clockwork, and after 60 days, I saw a red tomato that hung on one bush. Soon other fruits ripen. The yield was good, so I had to roll up tomato juice and salads with tomato slices. In winter I will test the result of conservation. And so I liked the tomatoes, straight, as I like, sour, but sweet. I will plant more.
My wife was watching a video about tomatoes, and she wanted to plant a genie. I ordered the seeds via the Internet, I received it, in the middle of March I sowed them for seedlings. She irrigated with fertilizers, tended them, and at the beginning of summer decided to transplant them into a greenhouse. Bushes settled down well, but in the middle of July the weather deteriorated sharply, constant rains and low air temperature made it impossible to go to the country, in general, all the tomatoes died. Wife upset, said that the next time they transplant them in a heated greenhouse. I really want her to try the praised tomatoes.
I bought a variety of Russian origin on the market, I liked the result. For the third year I have been collecting seeds from a new crop and leaving them for next year. In the care of the plant is not whimsical, water, fertilize, and scour from pests. This summer, some bushes, or rather x roots, ate some parasites, but until I figured out what was happening, half of the crop was destroyed. Now I carefully monitor the insects, and, if possible, cultivate the land around the bushes with a special solution. Another aphid overcame, some kind of invasion ... a soap solution saved them. Ordinary laundry soap poured into the water, shaken the mixture, sprayed the bushes. And harmless to my body, and good for tomatoes. I recommend everyone to try these tomatoes, they have an unusual taste and a pleasant aroma.
Gina variety description
The tomato is middle-ripening - 110–125 days pass from the emergence of the seedlings to the ripening of the first fruits. The bush of Gina is determinant, short, about 60 cm tall. Under the weight of the fruit lies on the ground, so you need a garter. But the variety does not require a pinching, because it does not differ in strong branching, that is, it forms little lateral shoots.
According to the description from the State Register, the fruit of Gina is rounded, with slightly pronounced ribbing, loose. Ripe tomatoes - red, inside consist of 6 seed chambers and more. The flesh is juicy, aromatic, with good taste. The weight of each fruit is about 200 g, the yield in the greenhouse is 6 kg / m².
More than 6 seed chambers can be counted in the Genie tomato section
The description of the variety in the online store of the company “Search” does not coincide only in one, the weight of the fruit here is more - 190–280 g. At the forums, gardeners tell that they managed to grow Gina’s 300-gram tomatoes. Of the positive characteristics, resistance to fusarium and verticillary wilt is mentioned. Fruits do not crack. Whether this variety is affected by the worst disease of tomatoes - late blight, official sources do not say. Plus, the ripening period occurs at the end of summer - the beginning of autumn, that is, at the peak of activity of pathogenic fungi. Therefore, during sowing and cultivation it is worth paying attention to the prevention of late blight.
Gina seeds are sown from early to mid-March. Seedlings are planted in open ground, when the threat of frost has passed, in a greenhouse or greenhouse - 1-2 weeks earlier. The soil for sowing must be prepared in a week. First make up the soil mix from the ground from your plot and humus (1: 1). If you buy soil in the store, then choose proven brands, for example, “Living Earth” from “Terra Vita”.
Video: how to make the soil for seedlings
This year I did not prepare my land, I bought the cheapest in the store. As a result, my tomatoes stood for 1.5 months in one pore: they grew 5–7 cm from the ground and did not develop further. Feed did not help. In early May, the land thawed on the site. Gathered and transplanted seedlings into it. To my delight, literally in 2 weeks the dwarfs turned into luxurious bushes 20-30 cm high. But I was already afraid that I would be without tomatoes this year. I do not know why the seedlings did not grow in the purchase land. I can only assume that the soil consisted of high peat, which is characterized by acid reaction. And in an acidic environment, nutrients from supplements form compounds that are inaccessible to plants. Almost all vegetables grow well in neutral soil or slightly acidic. Diligent producers neutralize their soil containing peat with dolomite flour or similar additives.
For the prevention of late blight, sanitize the earth: warm to 100 C or pour boiling water. Let it dry and recover. To colonize beneficial bacteria, before sowing or during it, pour Fitosporin solution - 2 tbsp. l concentrate from paste on 10 l of water. Seeds hold a few minutes in a purple solution of potassium permanganate, wash and sow. You can first germinate, then shoots appear 2-3 days earlier.
The easiest way to disinfect seeds is to hold them in a solution of potassium permanganate
The depth of embedding into the soil is 0.5 cm. The optimum temperature for seed germination: + 25 ... +30 C, and throughout the cultivation of tomatoes:
- in the daytime + 20 ... +22 ⁰C,
- at night + 16 ... +18 ⁰C,
- development stops in the heat above +30 ⁰C and in the cold below +12 ⁰C.
Care for seedlings Gina classic. Water as the land dries. After the appearance of the first real leaf, spread out from the common box into the cups. Every 2-3 days, turn to the glass on the other side. Every 10–14 days, feed with fertilizers containing nitrogen, for example, urea or ammonium nitrate (1 tbsp per 10 liters of water). You can use organic matter (horse manure extract, extracts of mullein and litter) or ready-made complex mixtures for seedlings (Agricola, Fertika Lux, etc.).
Preparing beds and planting seedlings
For tomatoes, choose a sunny place. The best predecessors: cabbage, cucumbers, zucchini, peas, beans, beans, onions. Mark the area according to the landing plan for Gina - 40x50 cm. Dig or loosen, adding a bucket of humus and 0.5 liters of wood ash to each square meter. It is impossible to make fresh manure, litter and bedding from under cattle and poultry for tomatoes. On such an organic bushes zhiru and do not bear fruit. It is better to buy complex mixtures for tomatoes (Gumi-Omi, Red Giant, BioHumus, etc.) and add them additionally to each well.
Пользуйтесь готовыми смесями, созданными специально для томатов
Лунки делайте по размеру корней, а для вытянувшейся рассады — глубже. Можно и крепкую рассаду заглубить до первого настоящего листочка. Ведь при пересадке травмируются корни, закапывая часть стебля, вы даёте кусту возможность сформировать новые. Заглубление при посадке аналогично окучиванию, поскольку приводит к такому же результату: в нижней части стебля образуются дополнительные корни, улучшается питание куста. Fill the wells filled with heated in the sun and distilled water. When it is absorbed, you can start landing.
Make holes by the size of the roots, you can deepen the seedlings of tomatoes to the first true leaf
I do a little wrong. Soot stages in several plants at a time. I do with a shovel 4-5 holes. In each I put on the plant. I try on, expand or deepen the hole with my hands to match the size of the underground part of the seedling. Then I water, that is, I fill with water a hole with a root already placed in it. While watering the latter, in the first one the water was already absorbed I dig in. I bring the next batch of seedlings and repeat everything again. I like the scheme because I can drop the landing at any moment, if, for example, it rains, and continue later. And if you prepare all the holes at once, take all the roots out of the pots, then you become attached to this bed - until everything is planted, you will not go away.
Immediately to tie up the pegs is not necessary. Gina grows in a compact bush, but later, as fruit is poured, you still have to do it. For the prevention of late blight, as soon as the seedlings take root, spray it with a fungicide: Bordeaux mixture, HOM, Skorom or others.
Gina Tomato Care
It is much easier to care for this tomato than for many others. Garter enough one for the whole season. While tall ones need to be tied up 2-3 times as they grow. Gina fruits very well without pinching, but if you remove all the lower side shoots before the first inflorescence, the fruits will be larger. Compact bushes need less water when watering (up to 2 liters per bush) and liquid dressings (0.5 liters per bush). Water twice a week in dry weather, and in rainy, check how wet the ground is. It should be wet to a depth of 30 cm.
Genie's tomato can not stepdive, it grows a compact bush without thickening
As in the seedling period, continue to feed every 2 weeks. From the beginning of flowering, replace nitrogen fertilizers with complex ones that contain potassium, phosphorus and trace elements. In stores and departments for gardeners today they are sold in a large assortment, and special ones for tomatoes. Read the composition, nitrogen in them can be, but not in greater concentration than the other elements. Do not buy mixes on which the composition is not specified, there is no percentage ratio of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium.
For each fertilizer the composition or formula must be indicated.
Harvest and Destination
Gina fruits are well stored and transported. To prolong the period of consumption of fresh tomatoes, collect them in the blanche ripeness, arrange in the boxes up to the stem in a single layer and store in a cool place. Assignment varieties - lettuce, however, the last small tomatoes and can be canned. Any fruit of Gina will decorate with itself and improve the taste of many dishes: soups, side dishes, sauces, pizza, casseroles, omelets.
Appointment of Gin tomatoes - lettuce, they are tasty fresh
We eat salty and pickled tomatoes with reluctance, and we like fresh dishes. Therefore, I freeze tomatoes for the winter. I cut into slices, lay them in a single layer on a sheet and send in the freezer. When frozen, I pour into plastic bags and again - in the freezer, for storage. Salads such slices will not go, they become limp, and hot dishes with them are no different from those that are cooked with fresh tomatoes.
My “Gina” has excellent yields, not whimsical (they didn’t pin it at all), large, powerful, razlapistye bushes at the end of August break under the weight of fruits. But no taste! Hard, plastic pulp, but I grew up “Gin” for 3 years in a row (this year I refused) for processing is quite suitable, but salads are not suitable at all, with today's choice of varieties you can find more tasty.
My genie was 60–70 cm tall. Maybe even taller. I did not measure. I don't understand the taste. He may like it or not, but no plastic.
Seeds from the "Search". Description of the manufacturer: “Mid-season variety, the period from germination to maturity is, on average, 120 days. Determinant, medium branchy, flat-round fruit, slightly ribbed, weighing 110–200g. High-yielding, large-fruited, resistant to cracking, excellent taste. ”I confirm everything — the fruits are quite large, they have not cracked and are tasty.
I am not a fan of trellis and garters, so I chose Jean as a short-growing plant, plus the versatility of the variety — and in salads is good, and for seaming. The peculiarity of the bush is that 3 stalks grow from the root at once, powerful leaves, I always remove the lower ones so that the fruit gets more nutrition. Masking does not require. The fruit is rather big - up to 300 grams, fleshy, but in moderation. Very tasty. We have nowhere to go for the winter without tomato, and the tomato turns out thick, sweetish. A few large tomatoes for a balloon twist, take a smaller fruit. And not least, the variety is productive, fertile.
Gina TST - one of the best undersized varieties. Tomato takes up little space on the site, requires a minimum of care, while yielding tasty and large fruits. Accents when growing should be done on the correct term of sowing and prevention of late blight. The variety is mid-season, harvesting occurs at the end of summer.