Any summer resident or a gardener knows from experience how much labor you need to invest even in a small area in order to grow invaluable “vitamins from the garden” - vegetables and berries. Unlike garden crops, weeds without any care and care feel great, pulling water and mineral substances intended for berries and vegetables from the soil.
One of these uninvited guests on the garden plot or well-groomed lawn is wheat grass creeping. This perennial weed plant from the family of cereals has an incredible vitality. First of all, this quality is present in the weed due to the root structure. Long knobby roots can go down a meter and crawl, sprouting from a small piece of root, trapped in the soil. In addition, the wheat grass spikelets produce seeds that remain viable for up to 10-12 years. Simply put, getting rid of this plant, "settled" in the garden or on the lawn, is incredibly difficult.
If on the lawn wheatgrass, you can just periodically mow with all the other grass, then how to get rid of wheatgrass in the garden is a difficult question. This is a very time consuming task.
All available methods of combating this plant can be divided into two categories: the herbicidal method, that is, using special chemicals, and the more harmless "chemical-free" methods, the so-called folk remedies.
Before resorting to spraying herbicides, it is worth trying to learn how to get rid of wheat grass in the garden with folk remedies that are harmless to humans and more benign to the soil.
Gardeners have got used to fight with the majority of weeds to fight with simple digging. But with wheatgrass it does not work, but rather gives the opposite effect: cutting the rhizome with a shovel and leaving the pieces in the ground, you can give the weed an opportunity to grow more and faster. How to get rid of grass wheatgrass in the garden? The most common effective way is to carefully select all the roots of this creeping weed from the ground. To prevent the emergence of wheatgrass from the remnants of the root, you need to sort through all the lumps of soil. Experienced gardeners recommend digging and sorting the ground, using forks, instead of a shovel.
How to get rid of wheatgrass in the garden without the "chemistry"? Another popular method is blackout. It is great for large areas of the garden, overgrown with this creeping weed. To the light-loving wheatgrass, they simply block access to sunlight for the whole summer period, covering this area with a dark film and simply sprinkling it on top, for example, with straw.
A sophisticated way to darken the construction of the beds directly on the grass. The weed is covered with a layer of cardboard, a layer of mulch (mowed grass and weeds, crushed branches, etc.) is piled onto the cardboard, and then a small layer of fertile soil is placed. "Bed" for reliability around the edges can be lined with stones or bricks, and then sown with any plants.
Wheatgrass roots chopping
How to get rid of wheatgrass in the garden by other methods? This is, without a doubt, one of the most effective ways, completely "contrary to" digging. The method is based just on the property of rhizome of wheat grass to germinate young plants from the chopped off root.
Using a cultivator, wheatgrass rhizome is crushed, and young shoots with “knobs” sprout from it, which are much easier to remove from the ground. The only condition: it must be done in a timely manner. While the roots of new plants have not grown and not strengthened.
Pruning growing wheatgrass is done in spring. The grass is cut so as to capture a little rhizome - five centimeters will be enough. At the same time, the remaining roots in the soil begin to germinate new grass from the “sleeping” buds of wheatgrass. After the germination of a new young plant, it is cut in the same way.
For each germination of grass, the root system will expend more and more energy, which will lead to the death of wheatgrass. It is possible to enhance the effectiveness of this method if, after several cuttings, this area is sowed with plants that increase the fertility of the soil — green manure or other garden crops capable of destroying wheat grass.
Sowing the site with cultivated plants
Another way of fighting with the creeping couch grass is to sow the “captured” area with plants, next to which this weed dies. If you do not know how to get rid of the grass in the garden with additional benefits, then this method is for you. A crop can be obtained from cultivated plants, and if the plant is in addition to siderat, the soil in this area will be enriched with useful substances.
This is done simply: the plot is dug up or plowed about 20 cm, after that it is sown with a plant or even a mixture of seeds of plants with which the wheatgrass is not friendly.
These garden crops include buckwheat, various legumes, and cruciferous plants.
Winning a creeping weed can and oats. To do this, the seeds of oats are sown in pereopannuyu (tilled) garden soil, and after oats mowed before the seeds mature. On top of the resulting green mass, turned upside down, the plot is re-seeded with oats. Then, the grown-up oats are mown again, dug up and sown. This method additionally contributes to the enrichment of soil with nitrogen.
How to get rid of wheatgrass in the garden without many digging? A very useful and gentle way is to dig up and prepare the beds and cover a layer of 30-35 cm of mulch on the surface. Mowed grass or straw is perfect for mulching. Ideally, it is best to give the soil a “rest” under a layer of mulch for a whole year.
The creeping wheatgrass root system, isolated from the surface with a layer of mulch, will tend to "crawl out" to the surface, with the result that the root will not be in the soil, but in the straw or grass itself. Because of this, wheat grass, which grows through a layer of mulch, is very easy to remove by pulling out along with the root.
Additional benefits of mulching - moisture accumulates in the soil, which is a favorable environment for earthworm.
If the area infected with a creeping weed is small, then there is another quick way. Those who do not know how to get rid of wheat grass in the garden, can just pour it with vinegar or boiling water. The plant will die.
"Himikim" against weed: herbicide method
If all non-chemical methods to get rid of the wheat grass seem too complicated, long or ineffective, and also, if it is required to remove the wheat grass as soon as possible, you can resort to the use of special chemicals. The main advantage of this method is the result, that is, the dying off of a creeping weed will occur in two, maximum three weeks.
Glyphosate-containing herbicides are the most destructive for wheatgrass. Most often on sale you can find the following drugs of this type: "Glyphos" and "Glyphosate" (these are different drugs), "Hurricane Forte", "Glisol" and others.
Just spray purchased herbicide is not enough, there are some features. Here are some rules on how to get rid of wheat grass in the garden using chemistry in such a way that this weed does not reappear:
- Because of its vitality, wheatgrass is a plant that is poorly susceptible to chemicals. Therefore, weed can only be removed with a concentrated solution. Conclusion: Observe the dosage when diluting the herbicide is necessary. Too weak solution will not give the desired effect, and too concentrated - not safe for soil and for human health.
- Wheatgrass is most vulnerable during the period of active growth, that is, from the moment of formation of the “bush” until the appearance of “spikelets”. It is at this time to spray the drugs most effectively.
- Herbicidal agents can be used ONLY once every three years!
The question arises, if the herbicides are so dangerous, is it possible to use the soil after treatment? Experts in the field of agriculture argue that the active substances of the drug, falling directly into the soil, are neutralized and break down into harmless components.
Pyreus creeping is a perennial. Weed belongs to the family of cereals. The height of an adult plant can reach 1, 5 m. Having spread in the garden, wheatgrass obscures agricultural crops and depletes the soil, sucking out all the nutrients that are important for plants.
Weed root system is very powerful. The length of the roots often reaches 20 m. This is what complicates weed control, since removing the surface of a harmful plant makes it difficult to completely remove the roots from the soil.
Wheatgrass weed propagated by vegetative means. In this reproduction occurs so quickly that if you do not take appropriate measures to eliminate the weed, it will “capture” the entire territory of the garden.
A feature of the weed is its unpretentiousness: it is not afraid of frosts, sudden changes in weather conditions and a long drought. Seeds that fall on the soil germinate even at a temperature of +3 degrees. These features of wheatgrass should be considered gardeners in the process of combating the plant.
The harm from the spread of wheat grass in the garden is colossal:
- Wheatgrass poses the greatest danger for strawberries and potatoes, because with its powerful thickets it shields crops from sunlight, which accordingly affects their yield,
- Wheatgrass thickets are a favorable environment for the development of fungal infections, mold and rot,
- The development of wheatgrass grows throughout the site, sucking the nutrients from the soil, necessary for the full development of vegetable and berry crops,
- Wheatgrass, growing in a large area of the garden, is able to completely destroy the harvest of vegetables, berries and fruits.
- Mowing weed thickets During the summer period, gardeners will have to mow wheatgrass thickets several times. It is important to note that this method is not able to completely destroy the weed, as only the upper part of the plant is destroyed during mowing, and its root system remains intact.
- Digging. When digging the soil is required to collect all the weed roots. To obtain the result should be repeated digging. If prairie thickets are numerous, it is recommended to dig up the soil in the garden at least 3-4 times. This method of weed control is not welcomed by all gardeners, since its implementation requires time and an enormous expenditure of physical strength.
- Mulching. Mulch helps to fight not only with wheat grass, but also with other weeds, preventing them from germinating. As mulch you can use opil, thick cloth, straw, black film, expanded clay, etc.
- Crushing weed roots. In spring, the soil in the garden is cultivated by a cultivator. During processing, the roots are crushed into small particles, which leads to the death of the weed.
- Cutting stockings. As soon as the wheatgrass sprouts begin to germinate from the ground, they are cut off with a slight recess into the soil. Such an action must be carried out regularly - as soon as young shoots of weed reappear on the surface of the earth. Gradually, all this will lead to the fact that wheat grass will "get tired", its root system will weaken, and this will lead to the death of the whole plant.
Use of chemicals
If wheat grass thickets “captured” most of the garden, then chemicals are used to destroy the weed. Compounds based on chemical compounds is enough to use once to get rid of the pesky plant.
The chemical compounds in the process of getting into the soil, destroying the effect on the wheat grass. As a result of chemical treatment, wheat grass dies.
What drugs are effective for the destruction of wheatgrass?
Means to combat any weeds effectively destroy weed thickets. If you strictly follow the recommendations in the instructions for use, the drugs will not have a negative impact on agriculture, other planting and the environment.
During the treatment of the garden with herbicides, the gardener must take care of his own safety - work in rubber gloves, a special suit, respirator or mask.
Putting wheat grass is very difficult. It is much easier to prevent the spread of weed in the garden. As preventive measures use:
- Shading. Weed does not like shaded places, so the construction of shady places in the garden will help prevent the spread of wheat grass.
- Sowing legumes. Wheatgrass “enemies” are all types of legumes. If you plant beans, peas or lentils in the garden, you can get rid of the weed attack easily and simply. Also, wheatgrass does not like if its “neighbor” is a sunflower, beans, radish or corn.
- Sowing oats. Planting oat seeds after mowing wheat grass is an excellent prevention of the spread of weeds. Experienced gardeners assure that if you spend 3 plantings of oats on the plot, you can get rid of the wheatgrass thickets forever.
Read on Dacha
Now let's talk about how to get rid of wheat grass. The grass is easily recognized by the long stem with broad blade of grass at the sides. Gaining strength, this weed is really difficult to lime. We list the most effective ways to do this:
- Dark plastic (film) or tarpaulin (waterproof) is placed directly on the areas where wheat grass grows. The edges are fixed with stones. The goal is to isolate the wheatgrass from access to sunny color and rainwater. In this mode, keep the weed 3-4 weeks. With high probability he will die.
- Option in something the opposite to the first. Instead of isolating the weed from the sun, on the contrary, increase its influence. This is done by overlaying transparent plastic (film). As in the first case, secure it with stones. After a short time, a greenhouse effect will be created under the film, which will reduce weeds to nothing. The process takes about 3 weeks.
- Herbicide "Roundup" is guaranteed to destroy the wheat grass. It should be understood that it is also dangerous for other plants. Therefore, apply the tool with a brush on the leaves of wheat grass. If there is no danger for other plants, then Roundup can be sprayed over weedy areas.
- Dig the wheatgrass bushes together with a piece of land 30 x 30 x 30 cm. Cover the excavated area with fertile soil and place a dark plastic (film) or a thick layer of mulch on top. This will prevent the weed from being reborn from the remaining roots in the soil.
- Suppress wheatgrass with more resistant cultivated plants. For example, oats, buckwheat, dahlias, peas, winter rye, zucchini, alfalfa, and corn will clearly dominate the wheatgrass, and in the end will completely exhaust the ill-starred weed.
- Cover the grass with cardboard and put a small layer of soil on top of it to grow greens (dill, parsley). The cardboard and wheat grass rot inside, and from above you will shoot the fragrant greens!
Tip1: do not dig the wheat grass. From each broken rhizome can form a new weed.
Tip2: when digging up the soil, in case a bush grass grows, be sure to try to take the maximum of the thinnest rhizomes of this weed out of the ground. So you will avoid its growth.
What is wheatgrass creeping?
Pyreya creeping (rye, worm, grass, dan-dur) is a perennial herb of the family of cereals, it reaches a height of 40 to 130 cm. It has long cord roots with a large number of dormant buds, from which, with the slightest damage, new stems grow. The leaves are flat and long, 3–8 cm wide, the color is dark green, perhaps with a bluish tinge. Inflorescences form an ear numbering about 150 seeds, retaining the ability to germinate for 12 years. Within a few months, a weed will easily turn a previously cultivated and well-kept plot into an unsuitable piece of land for cultivation of cultivated plants.
Fighting wheat grass
There are many ways to get rid of the grass in the garden and cottage, and everyone can choose their own options for the soul. The effects on the weed include the following methods of control:
- artificially creating conditions unacceptable for the normal development of the plant,
- treatment with special preparations
- preparation and use of various formulations at home.
The most environmentally friendly way to eradicate wheatgrass on a plot without damaging the soil is to create an environment unsuitable for its growth or to mechanically destroy the roots and growth of the pest. Shelter land plot dense material:
- dark film
- old pieces of roofing material.
The plant will not be able to break up and, deprived of the source of light, die.
Mulching straw, fallen leaves, sawdust will impede the germination of the stems, which will weaken them significantly, besides, the root system of the weed lies at a depth of 20-25 cm. The presence of an additional layer on the surface will force it to rise higher and remove the weed completely.
Regular weeding вынуждает пырей выпускать новые побеги, что быстро его истощает и приводит к гибели.
Удаление корнейmanually можно произвести на небольшом участке осенью либо ранней весной, перекопав его с помощью вил и убрав при этом все кусты. Работа очень кропотливая, но довольно эффективная.
Выращивание сидератов: горох, подсолнух, фасоль, кукуруза, люцерна, клевер, горчица, способных подавлять вредителя, поможет избавить ваш огород от его нашествия.
Посев овса — Not only one of the effective tools to get rid of wheat grass on the site forever, but also to enrich the soil with nitrogen, improving its qualitative composition. A more powerful root system than that of a weed thickly weaves the upper layers of the earth, preventing the weaker species from germinating. Before the oats have time to release the ear, it is mown, the ground must be plowed along with the bots and sow the seeds again. This procedure is repeated about three times, after which it is possible to plant cultivated plants.
Arrange the beds on the weed also an effective option to combat the wheat grass. The grass is mowed, and foliage, sawdust, straw and other organic matter from the garden plot are laid on top of it. All this is covered with earth, where you can organize planting vegetables or flowers. The single growth which has made the way from under an embankment, with ease is removed. Recycle bottom layer It becomes an excellent organic fertilizer.
Brief description of the most famous herbicides
Agrokiller, Glyphos, Hurricane Forte, Roundup, Tornado - highly effective drugs of continuous action, destroy all types of weed plants. The main active substance is glyphosate (isopropylamine salt) in the soil decomposed into safe elements within two weeks. Not highly toxic to humans and insects.
Fyuzilad forte, Gezagard, Dinoseb - selective herbicides that protect areas with potatoes, sugar beet, legumes and other non-grass crops, already affected by wheatgrass. Not dangerous for bees, worms and soil microflora, do not inhibit the development of other plants, are not poisonous to humans.
Not only chemicals, but also useful microorganisms can clean the wheatgrass garden for good. Microbial strains bred by biochemists feed on organic residues in the soil. Getting into the root system of bacteria, cause EM fermentation, having a destructive effect on the plant. EM-drugs not only do not harm the microflora of the soil, but also qualitatively improve its composition and structure.
Among the most effective bacterial compositions are the following:
How to remove wheat grass with the help of folk remedies
In order to get rid of the weed in the garden does not necessarily treat it with chemicals. Effectively enough to clean your area from weed means, cooked at home, or readily available in the nearest stores or supermarkets.
Salt can be used in places where it is not planned to grow any cultivated plants, it should be scattered on the site. After rains or watering, it will be absorbed into the soil and destroy the roots, and with them the growth itself.
Soda It will also eradicate weeds around the beds, on the resting area, between the tiles paved on the walkway.
Ethanol, divorced 1:10, will get rid of weeds in the garden. The prepared solution is treated plot at the rate of 11 liters per 2.5 weave of land. This should be done a month before the landing of the main crops.
Herbicidal Soap in the fight against wheatgrass will be a loyal assistant. Use the composition should be careful, as it kills all the vegetation on which it falls. Good to use it against perennial weeds. Do this remedy at home of the following components:
- vinegar 15–20% - 3.8 l,
- detergent - 1 tbsp. spoon,
- table salt - 0.5 cup.
All this is thoroughly mixed, and then applied to grass in dry, windless weather.
Pyrei: characteristic of the plant
Pyrey creeping - herbaceous plant of the family of cereals with a creeping rhizomewhich can lie down to the depth from 15 centimeters and more. The root system of a single plant can extend up to three meters.
Pyrei rapidly grows and multiplies, covering vast territories. In height, this plant can stretch up to one and a half meters. The leaves of the weed are long, dark green.
The flower is an ear. In the people the grass is called the resident, the worm-grass, dandur, plover, dog grass.
Pyrya creeping can grow on any type of soil, even strongly acidified. This and the ability to quickly multiply in a vegetative and seed way make the wheat a strong and malicious enemy of useful crops. In addition, the plant tolerates frost and drought well, it feels great both in the sun and in the shade, it grows at any temperature and humidity.
What harm brings weed
So, wheatgrass is a viable plantwhich will be very difficult to withdraw from the site or garden. But why destroy it? Let's figure it out.
- First, wheat grass, like any other weed grass, picks up most of the useful and nutrients from the soil. If the weed grows in the garden next to vegetable crops, it will take useful substances from them and suck moisture from the soil.
- Secondly, wheat grass is quite high. Thus, it deprives the culture of not only nutrients, but also light. The lack of light can bring significant damage to the crop, and sometimes you can go without it.
- Wheatgrass is the main victim of potatoes. Since the weed has long and strong roots, they can "bite" into potato tubers and suck nutrients and moisture from them.
- Harvesting machines can easily become clogged with wheatgrass leaves. This leads to delays in the harvesting process, loss of productivity, and also affects the quality of the harvest.
How wheat grass multiplies
One of the main dangers of wheatgrass is that it multiplies quickly and efficiently. Not paying attention to a few specimens of wheat grass in your garden, and you will not notice how soon he will flood the entire area. How does wheatgrass breed?
Reproduction occurs in two ways:
Vegetative propagation is more characteristic for wheatgrass. It involves the development of a plant from a part of the rhizome with a bud. Up to four buds can appear on one internode. Thus, if you do not destroy the roots of weeds, it will grow for a long time.
As for seeds, one plant produces up to three hundred seeds, which are viable for up to five years. This means that the seed discarded by the plant may rise next year, or maybe five years from now. This greatly complicates the struggle with weeds.
How to remove wheat grass from the garden forever - effective herbicides
Pyrei is an incredibly resilient plant, winning a decent piece of land from other plants in a couple of months. Weeding and other tricks eliminate the malicious weed for a short time, and therefore all the season farmers have a headache, how to remove the grass from the garden forever. The first thing any person thinks about is to use herbicides, since these chemicals have the ability to destroy weeds along with the roots.
When choosing an aggressive herbicide remedy for wheatgrass, it is worth deciding on the affecting substance - it may be a continuous drug that destroys all crops, or selective, affecting certain types of herbs, but both of them and other herbicides for couch grass have shown themselves well, and the choice is to take into account the safety rules for cultural landings.
It is desirable to use herbicides of continuous action in places where there are no cultivated plants, such as Tornado, Agrokiller, Antiburyan preparations, Roundup herbicide also has a good effect, - in addition to wheat grass, it removes from the site and the annoying view.
If the wheat grass has settled the beds, choose selective substances. If there was a difficulty, how to destroy the wheat grass on strawberries, you should buy Lontrel, - it acts on all plants, except this berry. If wheat grass has filled potato plantings, Lazurit, Zenkor or Panther will cope with it - they are used to destroy wheat grass on the onion, tomato plots, on potatoes, on beds of carrots and beets, and Hacker helps .
When using chemicals, it is recommended to observe safety measures and strictly follow the instructions - if necessary, cultivated plants that are growing nearby, are covered with a film at the time of treatment, and even if the herbicide is thrown on them by wind, they will be protected. It is allowed to treat the plot with weed chemistry no more than once every three years.
How to destroy wheat grass in the garden - mulch, weeding and miracle shovel for weed
These are the oldest and most common ways to destroy wheatgrass in the garden, and the most laborious, because summer residents will have to fight the weed with literally bare hands. All of them require remarkable patience - the effect will be noticeable by the end of the summer or the next season.
The main task is to cut down wheatgrass access to what it needs for growth and development, that is, to light, moisture and, if possible, to air - problems will arise with the latter, but with the restriction of light and moisture everything is simple:
- In the spring, as soon as the surface of the soil becomes slightly damp, we fill it with sawdust, they will absorb moisture from the ground, not allowing the couch to gather strength for germination, instead of sawdust, you can use mulch from bark, mowed grass,
- A film is put on sawdust, preferably black, so that light does not penetrate under it - germinating wheat grass will weaken, and then when the soil under the film warms to high temperatures (black shelter creates a powerful greenhouse effect), the grass will die. Instead of black film, you can use old sheets of rubber slate.
Mulch is also used to get rid of weed on the paths - in this case it is better to use a thick layer of expanded clay chips or other stones of small diameter, and before they are laid, the soil is treated with chemicals or folk remedies. In the fall, remove the mulch and dig up the soil, removing the remnants of rhizomes.
miracle shovel against wheat grass - in the photo
Pyrei is one of the difficult to remove weeds, - and the tips given will help the gardeners to get rid of it, if not forever, then for several years for sure, the main thing is not to give up on this annoying and tenacious plant.
Folk remedies are the most environmentally friendly method, but also the most labor-intensive. The most effective control measure is removal of rhizome. To do this, you have to dig the entire area, populated with wheatgrass, manually. Digging with a shovel does not make sense, because so you can easily cut the root, and part of it will remain in the soil. To pick up the plant is best forks, while trying not to damage the root system.
You can get rid of weeds with cultivator. At the same time, you grind the grass roots with a cultivator as small as possible, thereby significantly weakening the root system. Then the grass pieces can be removed manually, trying to remove even the smallest parts.
If regularly cut off young weed shoots, it will weaken and disappear from your garden. The procedure is done like this. The weed is cut at the very root, at a depth of about 2–3 centimeters from the soil. When young leaves appear out of the ground, they must be cut in the same way. You need to act until the plant weakens completely.
Dust, like any other plant, for full development and growth requires good lighting. To save your site from the "enemy", you can deprive it of a source of energy - light. For this spring put on the site dark film and press it around the edges. In order not to give the plant a chance of survival, place something heavy over the area of the entire film, for example, bricks or slate. This procedure must be performed for several years in a row, then the weed will probably leave your site. However, this method has a significant disadvantage: to grow crops in the treated area will not work for several years.
It is possible to deprive a plant of light mulching. To this end, the plot is mulched in spring with one of the materials:
- expanded clay
- mowed grass
- chopped wood bark.
Sow the plot plants, the neighborhood with which wheatgrass can not stand. These include all types of legumes (beans, peas, chickpeas, soybeans), corn, sunflower, radishes. These plants have the ability to “absorb” the weed's root system and scare it away.
Oats - Another plant that wheatgrass does not tolerate. Sow the field with oats, making grooves. Without letting the seeds ripen, mow the oats with the weeds, and the next year repeat the procedure. After a few years, no trace of wheatgrass will remain on your plot.
To fight weeds will help soda solution. The solution should be strong. Spray the solution with weeds, it will help to weaken them. Instead of soda, you can use citric acid, which is also effective in combating weeds.
Another effective measure in the fight against wheat grass is ordinary salt. Sprinkle the salt and the plant around it, then water it. Salty soil is not a very favorable condition for the growth of weeds.
Burning out - a rather extreme and dangerous method. It is used very rarely, besides the method is not as effective as the others. Its essence lies in the burning of weeds in the spring with a blowtorch.
If you cover the plot with a weed transparent filmthen a greenhouse effect is soon formed under it. From heat, humidity and sunlight, the strength of which is enhanced by the effect of a magnifying glass, weeds should die.
One month before the start of sowing, you can cultivate the soil ethyl alcohol. For this alcohol is diluted with water in a ratio of 1:10. Pour the soil over the soil and weed will not be visible throughout the planting season.
How to deal with wheatgrass with chemicals
Gardeners, as a rule, rarely resort to chemicals, however, sometimes they are indispensable. The undoubted advantage of this method is its speed and efficiency. Chemicals, falling on a weed, destroy and kill him. The most effective chemicals against wheat grass are herbicides.
Roundup - herbicide with low chemical exposure, however, which is popular with gardeners. As it penetrates inside the plant right up to the root system, it destroys it from the inside. It takes about 60–70 days. Roundup is one of the most effective and at the same time safe preparations for weed control, including wheat grass.
Hurricane - a certain analogue of the roundup. This is a chemical substance of continuous action, which allows to destroy weeds on a fairly large area. To process one weave you need 20-40 milliliters of the drug. This amount of substance is diluted in three liters of water and watered the area. The treatment is carried out in early spring before planting or in autumn after harvesting.
Before processing, do not forget to take care of protective measures: protective clothing, glasses and respirator. Herbicides can be easily poisoned, and getting the product on the skin, and especially in the eyes, is extremely undesirable.
Now you know how to get rid of the wheatgrass creeping. The measures of struggle, which over time were developed and tested by experience, are currently widely known. And this means that you can take advantage of them, being confident in the effectiveness of a particular method.