Fertility indicators are directly dependent on the content of humus in the soil. In order to replenish the norm of organic nutrients in the soil, modern gardeners are willing to use the popular fertilizer potassium humate. For the production of this tool is practiced the use of environmentally friendly materials (peat, coal, manure, silt, unutilized remains of vegetation). The demand for potassium humate is due to its wide range of action, ease of application (this can be seen by reading the instructions for use).
Useful, popular fertilizer
Potassium humate liquid is a nutrient composition, 80% of which is humic acid. The remaining percentage is allocated to amino acids, peptides, enzymes, antibiotics, growth promoters. The use of the drug is the key to the rapid development of strong, healthy plants, obtaining high yields. With the help of potassium humate it is possible to:
- improve physical, chemical soil indicators, restore the nutritional functions of the earth,
- reduce soil acidity, enhance the effect of organic matter,
- reduce nitrogen fertilization by half,
- increase the effectiveness of the use of herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, neutralize their toxic effects on crops,
- to grow healthy crops (ecologically clean), improve taste, external fruit characteristics,
- increase the resistance of planted crops growing in adverse conditions (for example, negative temperatures),
- strengthen the root system, restore damaged roots,
- improve soil microflora
- strengthen the immunity of plants
- to improve the quality of the fruit - their storage time is extended, they are better amenable to transportation.
Attention! Due to the introduction of potassium humate, it is possible to reduce the content in the soil and the yield of harmful substances (heavy metals, hazardous impurities).
Features of use of the drug
Proper use of potassium humate is directly dependent on the study instructions for use. Here is a list of specific instructions for the gardener, gardener.
- The procedure of soaking the planting material (different types of seeds, seedlings) involves the preparation of a solution based on the calculation: water (1 l), liquid product (1/3 tsp), followed by 12 hours of incubation.
- For the purpose of spraying, the preparation of a mixture is recommended: water (10 l), preparation (3 g).
- In order to irrigate flowering plants, it will be necessary to dilute the product (1 tbsp) in water (10 l).
- The processing time of vegetable crops are as follows: before sowing, during the vegetative period. The number of supplements - a maximum of 6 procedures during the season. For irrigation, 100 ml of potassium humate and water (10 l) are needed. Consumption rate: 1-3 l / 1 sq.m.
- Greens are processed 2-6 times during the season. The solution is mixed in the following proportions: potassium humate (100 ml), water (10 l). The resulting suspension is used for root feeding at the rate of 5 l / 1 sq.m.
- Fruit and berry bushes, trees, saplings are subject to complex treatment with potassium humate, herbicides, pesticides. The procedure is carried out in early spring before flowering, at the time of formation of the ovaries, during the ripening season. Watering is done using a solution: water (10 l), the drug (100 ml). Consumption rates: 7-10 l / 1 sq.m. Spraying is performed using 3 liters of suspension per 100 sq. M.
Owners of areas with sandy, heavy clay, alkaline, calcareous soil containing iron in small quantities can be expected to achieve maximum results. On chernozem, lands rich in nutrients, efficiency will be minimal. Dilution of the drug should be carried out in accordance with the instructions for use in water at room temperature.
Important! It is unacceptable to exceed the concentration of potassium humate, specified by the manufacturer in the instructions for use - this can cause damage to crops.
Proper use of potassium humate allows you to solve diverse agrotechnical problems, to achieve solid harvests. This type of fertilizer will show excellent results on a small garden plot in a large farm. Its use is guaranteed not to harm the environment. Potassium humate is characterized by affordability, convenient forms of release, ease of use.
And for what crops did you use this fertilizer?
Humates - just about the difficult
The soil layer is formed when the plants die off. Air oxygen, moisture and microorganisms transform organic residues into humus, which contains the main plant nutrients: phosphorus, nitrogen, potassium, trace elements. It is humus that makes the soil fertile. The scientific name of humus is humus.
Its content in chernozem reaches 10% and 1-2% in podzolic, sandy and clay soils. The main component of humus are humic acids. The interaction of humic acid with the appropriate alkali is obtained soluble salt of this acid - potassium humate.
The raw materials for the production of humate are: peat (mostly), sapropel (bottom sediments), brown coal, soil, manure, lignosulphates (the result of wood processing).
Notice! Humates natural organic fertilizer derived from vegetable raw materials. They do not harm humans, plants and soil.
Potassium humate and soil:
- the soil becomes moisture-absorbing and breathable, more bound,
- on sandy soils the process of clumping is activated,
- clay soil becomes more friable,
- salts of heavy metals trapped in the soil when insecticides and pesticides are used are converted into insoluble compounds inaccessible to plants.
Potassium humate and plants:
- seed germination rises,
- growth and survival rate of seedlings is accelerated,
- plant survival rate increases, especially in difficult weather conditions,
- the quantity and quality of fruits improves,
- accelerated grafting,
- increases the shelf life of vegetables and fruits.
What is the mechanism of potassium humate
Plants absorbed no more than 60% of the nutrients introduced by man into the soil. The reasons for this are as follows:
- the transfer of dressings to an insoluble, and therefore inaccessible to plants form,
- washing out to the inaccessible depth of plants
- evaporation from the soil surface or from the leaf surface.
Important! Potassium humate increases the absorption of beneficial substances by plants by 15-20%.
This is possible due to the fact that humate:
- works as a photostimulator of the processes occurring in plants,
- provides additional plant nutrition due to the potassium content,
- forms a nutrient medium for the development of beneficial soil microbes, inhibits the development of pathogenic microflora and fungi,
- translates chemical compounds of microelements into the chelate (available for digestion) form, which the plant itself cannot assimilate,
- serves as a surfactant for foliar feeding, distributing fertilizer applied over the entire surface of the sheet and keeping them from evaporation.
How does it look
Potassium humate is produced in the form of:
- Of powder
- Granules (tablets)
- Liquid concentrate.
Fertilizer produced from sapropel, has the name of potassium humate "Prompter".
- on ballast (fertilizers),
- non-ballistic (growth stimulants) containing a greater amount (more than 70%) of active substances.
Humic acids and their derivatives are an integral part of the soil, and moreover in a very large volume in comparison with the microscopic amount of the concentrate — humate.
Conclusion. Potassium humate can not be too much, it is impossible for them to spoil the composition of the soil even with an overdose. However, it is ineffective on black soil.
Preparing for planting (planting)
In a solution of potassium humate, seeds are soaked before sowing, bulbs, tubers and rhizomes before planting, cuttings to form roots. The soaking solution is prepared at the rate of 0.5 g of dry matter per 1 liter of water. For reference: 1 teaspoon contains 3 g of humate.
Duration of soaking seeds up to 1 day, plant bulbs about 8 hours, cuttings dipped in solution for 2/3 of the length for 12-14 hours. This operation leads to a reduction in the period of seed germination and germination.
The percentage of rooting cuttings treated with potassium humate is increased by 50% compared to untreated!
Foliar top dressing
A special place among the methods of application of potassium humate is taken by foliar application, which allows for the fastest delivery of beneficial substances to plant cells. In this case, a solution of low concentration is prepared: 1 teaspoon of fertilizer (3 g) per 10 liters of water.
Spraying of plants to the crown is done with a sprayer. To prevent the holes of the apparatus from clogging, the solution must be allowed to stand for 2 days before use and then filtered through gauze.
Composition for root irrigation: 1 tablespoon of powder per 10 liters of water. Pour some warm water (about 50 degrees) into the bucket, pour the specified amount of dry humate, mix it thoroughly and bring the volume of liquid to the desired one.
You can save time and effort if you pre-prepare a liquid concentrate at the rate of 10 tablespoons of humate per 1 liter of warm water, which is convenient to store in a plastic bottle. For root irrigation, dilute 100 ml of concentrate in 10 liters of water, and 50 ml, respectively, for spraying.
Compatibility with other fertilizers
Potassium humate is used in combination with other fertilizers: potash, nitrogen, and organic. This combination reduces the amount of mineral fertilizers.
Phosphate fertilizers and calcium nitrate can not be applied to the soil simultaneously with humates. You must wait 3-5 days, otherwise insoluble compounds are formed.
Concerns on the use of potassium humate
There are allegations that potassium humate is not as harmless as it is advertised:
- humates made from brown coal may contain heavy metals,
- if sapropel or bottom sediments were used as raw materials, then they may contain pesticides and other harmful substances that are washed into the reservoirs by rain,
- in the manufacture of humates alkali is used, which can then go into the soil.
All these fears are unreasonable!
Note! Under the influence of humic acids, salts of heavy metals contained in brown coal and pesticides are converted to a form inaccessible for plants to be absorbed. In addition, humates are introduced into the soil in extremely small quantities.
Considering this, the percentage of harmful substances that get into the soil with humates is negligible. The process of making humates includes not only the extraction of humic acids from humus, but also the mandatory neutralization of the resulting solution and its purification from impurities.
That is why potassium humate is a substance absolutely safe for humans, animals and plants!
In early spring
- Digging, with powder,
- watering the beds before sowing or planting,
- soaking seeds before sowing, tubers before planting,
- spraying seedlings before picking and transplanting to a permanent place.
Throughout the growing season
- root watering (no more than 1 time per week),
- foliar top dressing no more than 1 time in 2 weeks),
- soaking cuttings for planting,
- - spraying of roots of saplings before planting,
- watering the compost pile for ripening high-quality compost (4-6 times per season).
- powder dispersion or watering when the soil is contaminated by chemicals, pesticides,
- soaking the roots of seedlings during transplantation.
What vegetables best respond to potassium humate
Potassium humate contribute 3-4 times:
- with the appearance of 2 true leaves,
- with the appearance of buds,
- at the peak of flowering
- in the formation of fruits.
Potassium humate gives sugary and fleshy content to tomatoes.
Treated with potassium humate, alternating between root and foliar top dressing, 1 time in 2 weeks, starting with the appearance of real leaves. After the application of humates, cucumbers acquire a richer color, a dense structure without voids, and juiciness without the addition of bitterness.
Onion and garlic
Potassium humate is used no more than 2 times during the growing season, during the period of soaking the bulbs before planting and at emergence of shoots 5 cm high. The result of applying fertilizer is dense large bulbs and a bright feather on the bow. Large heads in garlic.
"Five bottles of potassium humate replace manure truck." This statement of Oktyabrina Ganichkina, a recognized authority in the field of horticulture, should be the last argument for the use of potassium humate - an effective, safe and inexpensive means in our gardens and kitchen gardens!
What is humate and what does it give to the soil? Application:
Useful properties of humates:
Potassium humate: description and composition
Potassium humate is a fertilizer with a large amount of humic acids (above 80%), its application accelerates the growth and development of various plant species. The action of humate is aimed at reducing the acidity of the soil, as well as increasing its general indicators of the effective influence on plants - vegetable, fruit, garden and home flowers. Potassium humate, in addition to humic acids, includes peptides, natural growth stimulants, antibiotics, enzymes, amino acids.
Humates stimulate metabolic and biochemical processes in the soil; they are components of peat, coal, silt, and some types of soil. At the end of the 18th century, scientist Ahard Franz isolated pure humate from peat. Humates are produced now, getting them from soil, peat, sapropel, brown coal, lignosulfate. Appearance - dry powder dark brown, there is also a liquid concentrate.
The use of humate is in the treatment of seeds, cuttings, seedlings, as well as various parts of adult plants.
Potassium humate will not have the expected effect even in fertile soil - black soil.
Types of potassium humate
Potassium humate is a natural and ecological fertilizer produced from peat-rich minerals. Most often gardeners and gardeners use potassium humate in liquid form, it is most convenient to use, and also received the highest ratings and reviews, for example, from the well-known TV presenter of the agricultural work program Octyabrina Ganichkina.
Liquid potassium humate
This fertilizer has a dark brown color; it is produced from peat by extracting useful substances and trace elements. Convenient to use, popular because of its effectiveness.
Potassium humate in liquid form - it is a concentrate, it is diluted in cool water, depending on the purpose of use, The instructions for its use are as follows:
- To improve the general condition of the soil, 0.1-0.2% of the total volume of liquid potassium humate is taken.
- To fertilize plants by spraying, watering, soaking seeds, you need to take 0.01% of potassium humate from the total volume.
Potassium humate powder
Humate potassium in dry form it is used for general strengthening of plant immunity, acceleration of their growth and ripening of fruits: the powder is also diluted in water, instructions for use are always on the packaging of fertilizer. The positive effect of potassium humate on the development of the plant root system, as well as on the amount of chlorophyll and vitamins in different cultures has been proven.
The use of dry potassium humate for the soil accelerates the development of microflora in the soil, respectively, the formation of good humus occurs faster, thus the yield increases to 50%, and fruit ripening occurs earlier. The soil does not lose in its characteristics, but becomes more fertile, and heavy metals are derived from it.
Potassium humate "Prompter"
This type of potassium humate with trace elements is obtained from humic sapropel (bottom sediments of freshwater bodies). Potassium humate "Prompter" is universal. Fertilizing this fertilizer should be made twice a month from March to September, and from October to February - once a month and a half. Preparation of a solution of this potassium humate is made immediately before use, it is better not to store it for future use.
Useful properties of potassium humate for plants
The main property of potassium humate can be called its growth-stimulating effect for various plant species. Mainly fertilizer affects the root system, prompting it to develop and thereby strengthening the entire plant as a whole.
Potassium humate has the following beneficial properties:
- safety and environmental friendliness
- restoration and improvement of soil characteristics,
- acceleration of ripening seeds and fruits (1-2 weeks),
- increase in yield
- increase in germination,
- strengthening the root system
- increasing plant immunity and disease resistance,
- reducing the need of plants for nitrates and their quantity in fruits,
- increase the duration of storage of the crop,
- Improving plant resistance to low temperatures
- positive impact on any culture.
How to dilute potassium humate, instructions for use for different crops
Depending on the purpose of use, potassium humate is diluted in different ways, instructions for use vary.
Для замачивания нужно развести 0,5 г (примерно третья часть чайной ложки) гумата калия на 1 литр воды. Семена или луковицы растений помещают в раствор на период от 8-12 часов до 2 суток, черенки же опускают на две трети длины на время около 14 часов.
Leaf spraying is done with a weaker solution. - 3 g of potassium humate is diluted in 10 liters of water.
Preparation of fertilizer for irrigation is as follows: 1 tablespoon of potassium humate dissolves in 10 liters of water - used for seedlings, and also appropriate to use at a time when the plant is flowering, or only its buds appear.
Vegetable cultures are treated with potassium humate before sowing, as well as during the growing season - the application varies from two to six times. For irrigation, take 50-100 ml of fertilizer per 10 liters of water and consume 3-10 liters per square meter, depending on the type of plant. Sprayed with the same solution and a half to three liters per 100 square meters.
Beets, cabbage, zucchini, carrots will require treatment with potassium humate 4 times per season. Potatoes need to be soaked or sprayed before planting. Potassium humate is used 3-4 times to feed cucumbers and tomatoes.
Seeds are soaked at the rate of 100 ml of liquid humate per liter of water for 24 hours, tubers and bulbs - for 10-12 hours.
These crops need to be processed two to six times per season. The solution (50-100 ml of potassium humate per 10 liters of water) is used as irrigation - from three to ten liters per square meter. As a result, the flavor is preserved, the germination rate increases, the level of resistance to unfavorable environmental factors and diseases in green cultures increases.
For fruit and berry
Potassium humate for this type of crop is used in the treatment of saplings, roots and other parts of trees, shrubs, and herbaceous plants (by spraying). It is better to apply fertilizer with the use of pesticides and herbicides.
Top dressing with humate is carried out in early spring before the flowering period, when fruit ovaries are formed, as well as during the period of ripening.
In modern agriculture, potassium humate is becoming increasingly popular: the instructions for its use demonstrate a wide range of its capabilities. This substance cannot be counted as fertilizer in the true sense of the word. According to the instructions, Gumat potassium itself is a universal stimulator of plant development and a soil improver.
Potassium humate is active in microscopic doses, and its effect on garden crops (in our case) resembles the work of natural plant hormones. The instruction notes that the multifunctionality of a substance is also manifested in a positive effect on various soil processes (in particular, on the production of humus - the base of land fertility). Aspects and terms of application speak for a unique universality: a quality product works the whole season on all cultures and any soils, while ensuring environmental safety.
World of humates
Humates are a subspecies of humic substances found in transformed organic matter: in soil and lake silt, in peat and humus, and in addition, in petrified plant residues - coal deposits. It is from such concentrated organics that manufacturers extract humic acids, and then combine them with sodium or potassium alkali. As a result of chemical reactions at the outlet, special soluble salts are formed - sodium or potassium humates.
There are no major differences between the two products. They are similar in their main properties and are able to interchange each other.
Sodium humate at cost is usually slightly cheaper. Well protects plants from diverse stress factors (temperature, water exchange, infectious and many others). It has an alkaline indicator on the pH scale.
Potassium humate shows neutral pH and a slightly wider range of effects. According to the instructions, it is especially useful for pre-sowing and pre-planting processing (seeds, bulbs, tubers, etc.), when rooting seedlings, strawberry whiskers, various cuttings. Perhaps the joint use with other substances (fertilizers, trace elements, many fungicides and pesticides).
If you look at the instructions in general, the differences in the humic salts of potassium and sodium are not too great. But the quality of the drug plays a crucial role. Really effective in the application of tools that are most fully absorbed by plants and have a high concentration of the active substance.
Not very conscientious businessmen can dilute usual cheap peat with water and baptize this work with “humic fertilizer”. Formally there is nothing to complain about: humic compounds are there (as in any land, marsh slush, a piece of brown coal). However, efficiency is a big question. Large scientific and production companies create humic preparations according to special technologies, with an emphasis on high concentration and successful absorption of the substance by cultivated plants and soil inhabitants.
The merits of good humates
- Low cost compared to other stimulants and fertilizers.
- Substantial economic benefits (2 rubles of expenses bring 100 rubles of income - a direct increase in yields and an improvement in the quality of agricultural products).
- The period of storage and shelf life is not limited (although in some instructions there are indications of specific periods of use).
- Ease of use.
- Ecological safety (for high-quality products, purified from possible impurities of heavy metals).
- Overdose is not dangerous.
- Can be used throughout the season.
- Good compatibility with many drugs.
- Universality in a broad sense: there are no restrictions on place, time, cultures.
Principle of operation
The physicochemical mechanism of behavior for humic molecules has not been fully studied, but scientists have determined that they resemble activated carbon: they attract and bind other molecules to themselves. From a seed or tuber, they take away chemical compounds that inhibit germination. Humates in a special way (like hormones) reveal the cell membranes of plants, improving food penetration, but blocking access to infections and poisons. In the internal environment of plants improved water metabolism and circulation of nutrients. When released into the ground humic compounds cling to hazardous substances (pesticides, heavy metals, etc.) and reduce their harmful effects on the ecosystem.
The results of the use of humate potassium
- The formation of humus is accelerated.
- Heavy soils become looser, and light ones acquire the ability to hold moisture and fertilizer longer.
- A healthy microflora increases activity.
- Radioisotopes, organic and mineral poisons and toxins, salts of heavy metals are partially neutralized.
Seeds and planting material (bulbs, rhizomes, tubers)
- Often, even tugovshody and old seed.
- The time of germination is accelerated, the energy of seedlings increases, the percentage of germination increases.
- Shoots are more powerful.
- Formed branched root system (volume increases by 30-60%).
Garden and ornamental crops at their summer cottage
- Seedlings and cuttings - more successfully rooted.
- Plants digest food faster and more fully (by 20-45%).
- Increase bushiness, the number of buds, ovaries and grains.
- There is a slight acceleration of the timing of flowering and ripening (from several days to two weeks).
- Yield growth is observed - by 10-45%.
- Decorative qualities are rising.
- Less damage by insects and infections (by 20-45%).
- Resistance to various stress factors (cold, heat, lack of moisture, mechanical damage, etc.) is growing.
- The effectiveness of insecticides and fungicides increases, but at the same time their harmful influence on plants weakens and the residual amount of pesticides in products decreases.
- Harvest accumulates less nitrates and poisons, but more nutrients (proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, etc.).
- Longevity and transportability increase by 10-35%.
Efficiency is more noticeable in bad weather and on poor lands. In a favorable climate and on chernozems, the benefits of using Humate potassium are not so obvious.
The optimal result is achievable with repeated exposure, the first stage is especially important - seed treatment. Next, carry out pre-planting in the ground, spraying and watering plants - from 2 to 6 times in one season.
Potassium Humate Preparations
As an independent product, various agricultural companies produce. The range is very large. Preparative forms may be different:
Serious manufacturers comply with the necessary technology in all cases. The farmer chooses the most convenient in form and volume option.
An example of a diverse range of products with potassium humate ("Gumi") can be the products of Bash Incom.
- Paste - traditional, popular, economical form: goes to the preparation of a large amount of liquid concentrate.
- Gel - new development with the most active molecules (high percentage of penetration and binding). It is easily diluted to obtain a liquid concentrate (like paste).
- Liquid concentrate it is available in packaging of small volumes, which is convenient for small areas, indoor or summer floriculture.
- Powder (granules) scattered on the surface of the earth, including when plowing, digging. In many cases, the placer is more convenient than the strait (especially in large areas). Application for preparation of liquid dressings is possible.
For each form has developed its own instructions. Preparations are considered practically equivalent, but special studies show that gel and paste are most effective.
Humic substances are often produced in combination with others, for example: Fitosporin, Gumat + 7 microelements, Humate carbamide, etc.
Preparation of the solution
Powder or liquid concentrate can be diluted in any water. Her temperature does not matter. We buy liquid concentrate ready-made in the store or we make it ourselves from the purchased gel (paste). The powder-based solution may contain suspended particles and needs to be filtered (if intended for spraying).
- For spraying vegetative plants concentrates are diluted according to the instructions, the bucket of the finished solution is distributed over an area of 40 square meters m to one hundred. Abundant wetting of foliage is beneficial.
- For watering the consumption of the finished solution - to the bucket per square meter (less). Breeding by eye is allowed: prepare a solution in the color of beer or tea.
- When soaking cuttings, seeds and other planting material (seedlings, bulbs, rhizomes, tubers), you must strictly observe the dosages and terms, following the instructions for a particular package.
- Powder or dry granules we pour into the soil in the amount of 1 g per 1 sq. km. meter (100 g per hundred). For poor lands, as well as those contaminated with radionuclides, pesticides, heavy metal salts, we increase the norm by 3-5 times (to half a kilogram per hundred). Ambient temperature and timing - any (usually in spring or autumn under the digging, plowing).
In a full teaspoon - about 3 grams.
Seasonal summer work
- In the spring, we scatter the powder preparation throughout the garden and the vegetable garden, including tree trunks, lawn, flower garden, greenhouse, flower beds (100 g per hundred square meters). You can pour in the melting of snow and digging. Introduction in the fall is useful in places where pesticides are actively used.
- On the eve of the seeding (disembarkation) we soak the seeds (planting material) in a solution of potassium humate. This will stimulate germination and rooting, will provide an increase in yield or ornamentation.
- Soak the seedlings and cuttings before planting.
- It is useful to sprinkle seedlings on the eve of the pick, water after transplanting.
- Compost pit or pile in the area spill a solution several times per season.
- We sprinkle any crops and water them with a solution many times (up to 6 times during seasonal vegetation), but not more often than four times a month. The most useful milestones: the formation of buds and ovaries, stressful situations. It is useful to alternate between root and foliar application, it is allowed to combine with different fertilizers (except for phosphoric and calcium nitrate).
Potassium humate belongs to the IV class of danger, which means it is safe - like earth or peat.
Potassium HUMATE Fertilizer - Composition and Description
Potassium humate contains more than 80% humic acid. Applying it to experienced gardeners speed up development and growth of various plants. The action of the humate is aimed at reducing soil acidity and increasing the overall index on the effect of such plants as:
- Home and garden flowers,
- Fruit crops,
- Vegetable crops.
In addition to humic acids, potassium humate includes Components:
- Amino acids
- Natural growth stimulants,
Stimulate humates biochemical and metabolic processes that occur in the soil. They are components of silt, coal, peat and even some types of soil. At the end of the 18th century, scientist Ahard Franz isolated pure humate from peat. This component is now produced by getting it from:
- Brown coal,
Externally, it is a dry dark brown powder. There is still a concentrate in liquid form.
Apply this fertilizer to processing seedlings, cuttings, seeds, and for different parts of older plants. This is just a top dressing for plants, not a “panacea”. It is very important that the soil on which this fertilizer is applied is not acidic. It can be podzolic or alkaline. At the same time with potassium nitrate or fertilizers, which contain phosphorus, potassium humate should not be used. With this composition, insoluble compounds are formed. First, humate is applied to the soil, and after 5 days - fertilizer.
In the chernozem from the potassium humate also will not be the desired result.
Liquid form of this fertilizer
The color of this fertilizer is dark brown. It is produced by extraction useful trace elements and substances from peat. A popular substance due to its effectiveness and ease of use.
The liquid form of potassium humate is a concentrate that must be diluted depending on the purpose of application with cold water. Instruction is this:
- In order to improve the general condition of the soil, approximately 0.2% of the total volume of liquid fertilizer is taken,
- In order to fertilize plants by soaking seeds, watering, spraying, it is necessary to take 0.01% of potassium humate from the total volume.
This fertilizer in liquid form can be used together with nitrogen or organic fertilizers. It promotes the removal of nitrates and pesticides from fruits and plants.
In dry form, potassium humate is used to strengthen the immunity of plants, faster growth and ripening of fruits: it is necessary to dilute the powder in water and apply it according to the instructions on the package. It was also proved that this fertilizer in powder form has a good effect on the root system of the plant, and also on the amount of vitamins and chlorophyll in various cultures.
The use of potassium humate for the soil in powder form accelerates the development of microflora in the soil. Consequently, the formation of good humus occurs faster, thus, up to 50% yield increases, and the fruits ripen earlier. The soil becomes fertile, and heavy metals are derived from it.
For garden flowers
Garden flowers are recommended to be fertilized with potassium humate in spring, when the vegetation period begins in perennial plants, and in annuals - in the phase of full germination. Then spend from three to six supplements every two to three weeks. Seeds are soaked before sowing for a day, bulbs and tubers for half the time. The solution is prepared as follows - take 50-100 ml of humate per liter of water.
The same amount of potassium humate is used for irrigation (3-10 liters per square meter) and spraying (1.5-3 liters per 100 square meters), but at the rate of 10 liters of water.
Potassium humate "Souffleur"
This type of fertilizer is obtained from humic sapropel (sediments of bottom water). The potassium humate "Souffleur" is unique. To feed the plants with fertilizer "Souffleur" need to be made twice a day from March to September. And in the period from October to February - once every 45 days. Prepare the "Souffleur" is necessary before use. It should not be stored for long.
The main property is to stimulate the growth of a variety of plants. The main effect of the fertilizer on the root system, encouraging the development of it and strengthening the whole plant in general.
Potassium humate has such beneficial effects. properties:
- Environmental friendliness and safety
- Improvement and restoration of soil characteristics,
- Accelerates the ripening of seed and fruit (approximately 7-14 days),
- Yield increase,
- Increase germination
- Strengthens the root system
- Increases plant immunity and disease resistance,
- Reduces the need for plants in the nitrates and fruits of their quantity,
- Increases the duration of storage of the crop,
- Improves the resistance of plants to low temperatures
- Positive effect on different cultures.
Instructions for use for a variety of plants
Depending on the purpose for which you are going to use potassium humate, it is bred in different ways and the instruction varies.
For soaking dilute the third part of a teaspoon of tea fertilizer in one liter of water. Place the bulbs or seeds in the solution for a period of 12 to 48 hours, while cuttings should be lowered by 14 hours to approximately 2/3 of its total length.
Для опрыскивания листьев нужно применять более слабый раствор — в 10 литрах воды необходимо развести 3 грамма удобрения.
Для полива удобрение разводится следующим образом: в 10 литрах воды разведите 1 ложку столовую гумата калия. Применяется для рассады и в тот период, когда цветёт растение или на нём только образовались бутоны.
It is also used after pesticide treatment for the purpose of detoxification. To do this, 50 grams of powdered fertilizer should be mixed with ash or sand and scattered over 10 square meters.
Application for vegetables
Vegetable cultures should be processed before sowing and during the growing season. It should be applied about 2 - 6 times. In order to water the vegetable crops with potassium humate, it is diluted in 10 liters of cold water 100 ml. Depending on the type of vegetable crop, from 3 to 10 liters of diluted fertilizer is consumed per 1 square meter. The same solution can and spray vegetable crops. In this case, 1.5 - 3 liters is spent per 100 square meters.
Carrots, zucchini, cabbage and beets will require processing 4 times for the entire season. Potatoes need to be sprayed or soaked before planting. To treat tomatoes and cucumbers sodium humate is used 4 times per season.
Seeds are soaked in a solution of liquid sodium humate (100 ml) and water (1 liter) for 24 hours, and the bulbs and tubers for 12 hours.
Application for greens
Greens can be treated with this fertilizer from 2 to 6 times for the entire period of germination and cultivation. A solution (in 10 liters of water is diluted with 100 ml of potassium humate) is used as an irrigation in the calculation of 3 to 10 liters per 1 square meter. The result of this irrigation is an increase in the rate of germination, the preservation of a saturated natural taste, increased resistance to diseases and adverse environmental factors.
Application for fruit crops
For fruit crops, this fertilizer is used in the treatment of roots, saplings and other parts of trees, grass plants and shrubs (by spraying). It is best to apply this type of fertilizer together with herbicides and pesticides.
Feed up fruit and berry cultures in early spring, that is, before the plants begin to bloom and form the ovary. And also when ripe fruit.
The solution for fruit crops is prepared as follows: in 1 liter of water dissolve 100 ml of liquid fertilizer. In this solution, seeds are soaked for 24 hours, and tubers and bulbs are soaked for 12 hours. If you want to water the cultures with this solution, then dilute 100 ml of top dressing in 10 liters of water. For 1 square meter it is necessary to use from 3 to 10 liters. When spraying on 100 square meters, approximately 3 liters of solution are consumed.
Application for garden flowers
It is recommended to feed the garden flowers in spring. At that period, when annual plants have a phase of full germination, and in perennial plants, a vegetative period. After that, every 14 - 21 days spend feeding. Its number ranges from 3 to 6 times per season. Before sowing, seeds should be soaked for 24 hours, but the tubers and bulbs - about 12 hours. Preparing a solution is simple: about 100 ml of liquid sodium humate is diluted in 1 liter of water.
Application for indoor plants
For indoor plants, the use of this fertilizer is a must. This is due to the fact that the humus in the pot is not formed. This household fertilizer stimulates high-quality flowering and growth. Feed in the period active plant growth: 1 time in 15 days feed room cultures from March to September. But from October to February it is necessary to feed room cultures 1 time in 45 days. The solution is prepared as follows: 75 ml of sodium humate is diluted in 1 liter of water and they are completely wetted (sprayed) on all the leaves. Also carried out and watering.
The advantages of this plant food
This fertilizer for crops is very useful. Him Effect proven and it is:
- Improved soil characteristics
- Increase culture growth
- Yields increase.
is he positively affects a variety of cultures and is used for processing:
- Ornamental plants,
- Garden trees,
- Raspberries and strawberries,
- Grain crops.
The scope is very large: processing cuttings before planting or sowing, tubers and seeds. They are also sprayed with plants that have already sprouted and support them during the flowering period. By watering feed the root system. In addition to the advantages already listed, this dressing increases the fertility of the soil.
It improves plant resistance to various pests and diseases, helps to adapt crops in different weather conditions. Using it, you remove from crops the radionuclides, herbicides, pesticides and other substances that pollute, thereby retaining beneficial properties and taste.
If you use potassium humate and sodium in combination with nitrogen-containing fertilizers, you can improve the yield and save money.
For indoor plants
It is very important to use fertilizer potassium humate for domestic plants, because humus is not formed in a limited space of the pot. Top-dressing with this fertilizer stimulates growth and high-quality flowering in domestic plants. It is carried out in the period when the plants are actively growing, which occurs in March-September: they fertilize 1 time in 10-15 days. In the period of rest from October to February, fertilizing is carried out once a month and a half. Spray the solution at the rate of 5-100 ml of potassium humate per liter of water, making sure that the leaves are completely moist. Watering produce the same solution, well moistening the ground.
The advantages of using potassium humate for growing plants
Summing up, it can be said about potassium humate that thisnatural fertilizer with a proven effect such as increasing yields, increasing plant growth, improving soil characteristics.
Potassium humate has a positive effect on various crops and is used for processing vegetables, cereals, grapes, strawberries, raspberries, garden trees and even ornamental plants. or planting, spraying already sprouted plants, supporting them during the flowering period, feeding the root system by watering. In addition, fertilizer has an impact on the soil, increasing its level of fertility.
Potassium humate improves plant resistance to various diseases and pest invasion, contributes to adaptation to the peculiarities of the external environment, weather conditions.
In the complex, using potassium humate with fertilizers containing nitrogen can increase their efficiency and thereby reduce the amount, which will lead to financial savings and improved crop quality.
The use of potassium humate, which contains humic acids, promotes the removal of pesticides, herbicides, radionuclides and other pollutants. AND this allows you to keep the main qualities of the products, which are grown on the site is safety and naturalness.
Humate in liquid form
The humate in liquid form is very popular among gardeners. Fertilizer is made from peat and has a dark color. From the peat extracted trace elements that are part of the fertilizer. The liquid type of fertilizer is convenient to use and also has high efficiency.
The tool is a concentrateDiluted in cold water. Application instruction is in the following paragraphs:
- For tillage take 0.1-0.2% of the total fertilizer.
- Plants treat 0.01% of the humate of the total.
Liquid fertilizer can be used in combination with organic or nitrogenous compounds.
Humate in powder form
Used fertilizer in powder form to enhance the immunity of plants. The tool accelerates the growth and ripening of fruits. The powder is diluted in water according to the instructions:
- For seed treatment, use a teaspoon of powder per liter of water.
- The soil is treated with 10 liters of water, containing 1 tablespoon of powder.
Potassium humate is having a positive the effect is not only on the land part of the plants, but also strengthens the roots.
Fertilizer accelerates the development of positive microflora in the soil. Microflora accelerates the formation of humus, which increases yields.
The humate contributes to the removal of heavy metals from the earth. After processing by means, the soil will not lose the characteristics. It will become more saturated and fertile.
The benefit of the prompter humate is known to many agronomists. Fertilizer is applied 2 times a month. The first feeding begins in March and ends in September. From October to February, fertilizer is applied once a month.. The prompter is obtained by extraction of microelements from humic sapropel. Humic sapropel is a deposition in freshwaters, which are found in the territories of the CIS. Therefore, there is enough material for the production of the prompter of the humate.
The treatment solution is diluted immediately before application to the soil. Fertilizer after long storage in the diluted state shows poor results. Seeds need to be processed only with fresh solution.
The benefits of humate
The main properties of top dressing is to stimulate growth. Fertilizer awakens and strengthens the roots. Strong roots allow the plant to provide vital elements.
Means possesses such useful properties:
- Fertilizer does not pollute the environment.
- Improves the soil, raising its nutritional characteristics.
- Accelerates the ripening of fruits and seeds.
- Productivity increases up to 50%.
- Plant immunity is greatly enhanced, and the risk of disease is reduced.
- Decreases the need for the use of nitrates.
- Increases the shelf life of the crop.
- The plant tolerates low temperatures more easily.
Breeding humate potassium
Divorced in different ways depending on use. For soaking the seeds you need 0.5 grams of potassium humate per 1 liter of water. Seeds are placed in such a solution for a time from 8 hours to 2 days. The cuttings are placed in the solution for 2/3 of the stem length. Soak the cuttings must be within 14 hours.
Plants sprayed with lightweight solution.which is 3 grams of potassium humate per 10 liters of water. To treat seedlings, one tablespoon per 10 liters of water is sufficient. Top dressing is especially needed during the flowering period.
Humates - what is it?
Due to the activity of soil microorganisms, the decomposition products of organic substances form humus - a nourishing layer of soil, without which it is impossible to grow abundant and tasty harvests. Humates are a well-known fertilizer, or rather, a whole group of products for garden crops that have proven themselves to be effective, affordable and easy to use.
The raw material is manure, peat, silt, coal, plant residues - completely eco-friendly materials.
Most often, nutrient compositions are obtained from oxidized brown coal, since it contains 85% humic substances. Fertilizers produce ballast and ballast free. The first type is designed to stimulate the growth of seedlings and strengthen horticultural crops, while the second is more top dressing. The functions of humic preparations are not limited to this; therefore, they should be called fertilizers with a reservation. Humates are rather a fertilizer-bioactivator with a broad effect.
The two main groups of humic fertilizers are sodium and potassium humate. There is no fundamental difference between the two species. Potash products are popular because of their broad spectrum, but both are considered interchangeable.
What is potassium humate for?
Before you get acquainted with the characteristics and purpose, you need to remember that this is an environmentally friendly activator that helps reduce the proportion of harmful impurities in fruits and soil. Crops that are regularly fertilized with a nutrient solution, actively grow and give the maximum useful yield.
Potassium humate for plants is a nutrient composition, 80% composed of humic acids. The rest of the share includes amino acids, various enzymes, peptides, antibiotics, growth promoters.
The main objectives of the application:
- Improving the physical and chemical characteristics of the soil, restoring its nutritional functions.
- Reducing the acidity of the soil and enhancing the action of organic matter.
- Reducing the consumption of nitrogen fertilizer up to 50%.
- Increasing the effectiveness of herbicidal, insecticidal and fungicidal preparations, neutralizing their toxic effects.
- Growing healthy and environmentally friendly plants. Improving not only the taste, but also the external characteristics of the fruit.
- Improving the sustainability of planting to adverse conditions, in particular to negative temperatures.
- Strengthening the root system, restoring damaged roots in seedlings.
- Increasing the content in the crop of nutrients: vitamins, minerals, proteins, carbohydrates.
- Reducing the content in the soil and fruits of heavy metals and other harmful impurities, including nitrates.
The introduction of the substance into poor soils contributes to the development of the necessary microflora, significantly increasing the crop yield in the first year. Immunity is strengthened in plants, the roots become stronger, the harvest is stored longer and is better transported.
Methods of application and application rates
To know exactly what the drug is used for, it is necessary to study the instructions for use. Each will indicate that the main action is to optimize the composition of the soil and improve yields.
- To improve the nutritional properties of the soil contribute in powder form when digging. Enough 100 g per hundred. If the soil is poor, the rate is increased three times.
- To accelerate the germination of seeds, onion processing before planting using a liquid concentrate. The dosage depends on the form of release. If it is a dry powder, then take 5-6 g per bucket of warm water.
- Basal dressing for vegetable crops, home and garden flowers, fruit plantations.
- Processing greenhouses.
The effect of humates in greenhouse conditions is several times higher than in open ground.
The maximum result is achieved when used on sandy and heavy clay, lime and alkaline areas with a minimum iron content. Chernozems are already rich in nutrients, so there will be no tangible effect.
Opinion on the agronomist humates in the video.
Forms of release
For ease of use, manufacturers produce various forms of fertilizer:
- Tablets - a convenient form that allows the use of fertilizer novice gardeners without the risk of overdose. Usually sell tablets weighing 14 g, for root and foliar fertilizing it is dissolved in a 50 l barrel, for soaking seeds in 3 l of water.
- Instant powder or granules - budget option, suitable for both dry dressings, and to obtain solutions of a certain concentration.
- Liquid potassium humate - concentrate for large-scale use. Used as a root dressing, and on the sheet.
- Paste and gel have the most active molecules that provide a high percentage of penetration and binding. They are considered the most effective.
Analogs of potassium humate - Prompter, Athlete and other drugs
Fertilizers are being marketed both in pure form and with the addition of other substances necessary for the active development of crops. Prompter - concentrate with a base of humic sapropel. It consists of ideal proportions of all the necessary organic and mineral substances. Suitable for soaking seeds, root and leaf feeding. 250 and 500 ml bottles are available for sale. Shelf life is 2 years at a temperature of -20 ° C to + 30 ° C. The "Prompter" line includes organo-mineral fertilizers for flowers, vegetable and fruit-berry plantings.
Humates can be supplemented with valuable minerals. A well-known complex with iodine is “Gumat + 7 Iodine”.
Humic potash and sodium mixtures can be replaced by similar bioactive drugs. These fertilizers include:
- Gumfield growth stimulator
- growth regulator "Athlete", successfully used for growing seedlings,
- drug "Heteroauxin" - one of the most powerful growth promoters, requires accurate dosage,
- phytohormone preparation based on the Gibbersib sodium salt complex.
Instructions for use: how to dilute and use
Powder, liquid concentrate is diluted in water at room temperature. The liquid composition can be prepared independently from granules, gel or buy ready. The solution on the basis of the powder will contain particles, so before spraying it is better to stand for 1-2 days, then strain through gauze. The concentration indicated by the manufacturer cannot be increased so as not to harm the landings.
Soaking seeds and tubers
Recommended dosages for different cultures are indicated on the package. For soaking the seeds and bulbs before planting should be diluted 1/3 tbsp. l liquid complex in 1 liter of water. Planting material is placed in the solution for 1-3 days.
- potato tubers - 12 hours,
- tomato seeds - 72 hours,
- cabbage - 48 hours,
- seeds of the remaining vegetables - 24 hours,
- cuttings before planting - 20-24 hours.
Norms of top dressing for strawberry, vegetables, fruit
What to feed humic fertilizer? You can water home-grown flowers and garden products for cutting with liquid preparations. Respond well to fertilizer soil potassium humate potatoes, carrots, beets and other root vegetables. For foliar spraying, a weak solution is prepared from 3 g of powder per 10 liters of water. At 100 m² of the area for spraying enough 1.5-3 liters of solution.
Terms of making humic preparations and their approximate dosage for popular fruit and berry and vegetable crops:
- Strawberry fertilizer is carried out in several stages. Сначала готовится почва для посадки, затем культуру поливают для улучшения вегетации и плодоношения, а осенью подготавливают к зиме. Раствор для полива 5 м 2 : 10 мл жидкого средства на 10 л воды.
- Овощные культуры подкармливают перед посевом и во время вегетации. Оптимальное количество поливов за период роста – 6 раз. Для морковки, кабачков, свеклы и капусты, перцев достаточно 5 обработок за сезон.
- Saplings of fruit and berry plants are treated with a solution during planting. They are sprayed for supplemental feeding. Top dressing is carried out before the beginning of flowering in the spring. The concentration of the solution for irrigation - 100 ml per 10 liters of water. This amount is enough for processing 1 m 2 of the site.
Video about feeding tomatoes with nutrient solution.
Potassium humate for active growth of indoor plants
The use of humic composition applies to indoor and garden flowers. Prikorm is held in the spring every two weeks. 3-5 irrigations are enough for the season. The solution for color processing is prepared from 100 ml of the liquid preparation and 10 liters of water. For indoor flowers humic supplements are extremely necessary because of the impossibility of the formation of humus in the pot. In order to actively grow a home flower and bloom beautifully, you will need to spray the leaves with a solution of 75 ml of liquid potassium humate per 1 l of water. From March to September, treatment is carried out once every 15 days.
Precautions in the use of humic fertilizers:
- It is not recommended to fertilize the soil in parallel with humates and phosphorus-containing preparations. This leads to the formation of insoluble compounds. Combination with potassium nitrate is also harmful. The minimum interval between the introduction of humate and fertilizer - 5 days. With organic and nitrogen mineral compounds, the use of humates is permitted.
- For annual plants, the use of eco-friendly activator is advisable before budding.
To grow even a small crop, gardeners have to work hard. The use of preparations based on humic substances solves a multitude of agrotechnical problems from improving the composition of the soil to increasing the yield of vegetable and fruit plants. Humic complexes are widely used both on an industrial scale and in small garden plots. Environmental friendliness, affordability, convenient forms of release, reasonable price and clear instructions make the product one of the market leaders.
Vegetables are processed immediately before planting, as well as during the flowering period. The use of fertilizer on vegetable crops ranges from 2 to 6 times per season. For irrigation use 50-100 ml of potassium humate per 10 liters of water. Four times per season, cabbage, beets, carrots and courgettes are processed. Top-dressing of cucumbers and tomatoes occurs 3-4 times per season.
Before planting, the potatoes need to be soaked. The potato solution is made from 100 ml of potassium humate and 1 liter of water. Before planting seeds placed in the solution for 24 hours, and ten bulbs.
Cultures of this type are processed 2 to 6 times during the season. For processing using a solution of 100 ml of potassium humate per 10 liters of water. Three liters is enough to irrigate one square meter of land. Compliance with the ratio of 3-10 liters per 1 meter of land allows preserving the saturation of the taste of crops. Also increases the growth rate of greenery and increases yield.
Processing potassium humates allows you to save plants from various diseases that appear under the influence of the environment.
Processing fruits and berries
It is desirable to apply fertilizer together with herbicides and pesticides. Top dressing occurs at the beginning of spring.. When the fruits are just beginning to form, fertilizer is applied. To prepare the solution, 50-100 ml of liquid humate per 1 liter of water is used. Seeds before planting berry crops are soaked in solution for 10 hours. For irrigation, a solution is used that contains 100 ml of product per 10 liters of water. The cost of fertilizer for spraying the garden plot ranges from 1.5 to 3 liters per 100 square meters of land.
Flowers are processed in the spring when the flowering begins. After the first treatment, the following occurs every 2-3 weeks. Seeds before sowing must be soaked for 24 hours. The seed soaking solution is made from 100 ml of fertilizer per 1 liter of water. Flowers watered. containing 100 ml of humate per 10 liters of water. To increase the concentration of the active substance will be enough to reduce the amount of water from 10 liters to 3.
Processing indoor plants
Potassium humate is used for fertilizer not only garden crops, but also house plants. Well suited for processing flowers that need makeup with potassium and sodium. Top dressing provides healthy growth of house flowers, and also provides improvement of plant immunity. Fertilizer is applied when the plant is in the active growth phase. Fertilize 1 time in 10 days. Flowers at rest are fed 1 time per month. Most often, homemade flowers come to rest from October to February.
Features of the use of potassium humate
Potassium humate is a natural fertilizer. This dressing does not pollute the soil and plants. Using fertilizer accelerates growth plants, and also improves health and provides an increase in yield up to 50%.
The product does not affect the soil. After its use, the earth does not lose its characteristics. HUMATE improves plant resistance to pests, unlike other fertilizers. However, it should be noted that fertilization in bad land will be useless. Fertilizer only improves soil characteristics.but does not make the wrong land for the landing. It is advisable to compost it, loosen it and remove it from the stones before applying it to the soil. The land should not be dry, and also is in the form of lumps. It is only after pre-tillage that it makes sense to apply fertilizer.