It is truly a "golden" plant a simple wildflower flower of the goldenrod. Its useful properties are unusually wide. In folk medicine, the goldenrod has been used for more than one century. Why is he so remarkable? What is his strength? Most often in the treatment of this herb used inflorescences, seeds and stems. How to prepare them correctly, and how to make drugs from them, we will now tell you in detail.
Medicinal properties of the plant
This flower is considered effective in traditional medicine and homeopathic purposes. This culture is popular in medicinal recipes of Tibet, China, Bulgaria, Belarus, Siberia, Komi and the Caucasus.
What is useful goldenrod? Medicinal properties of the plant are:
- relieves inflammation,
- possesses antimicrobial action,
- has diuretic properties,
- reduces the level of ammonia in the blood by stimulating the abundant formation of urine,
- dissolves oxalate and urica stones, and also provokes the production of kidney secretion,
- increases urinary pH,
- considered a natural antiseptic,
- can relieve pain syndromes
- promotes active regeneration of the skin,
- seeds have properties to thin the blood,
- helps with the difficult form of diarrhea,
- restores failures in women’s critical days,
- balances the balance in the exchange between water and salt in the body,
- treats ulcers,
- removes or reduces swelling.
To prepare high-quality medicines, you need to properly prepare the main ingredient - dried inflorescences. So that you can unmistakably recognize him among the raznotravya, here is a photo of the goldenrod. The medicinal properties of the plant will have the maximum effect, subject to the rules of collection and harvesting:
- the plants are cut off in early August, when the inflorescences are still very small, have just formed,
- small bundles are formed from the obtained raw material, tied up with a string and hanged to dry in a dark place with inflorescences down,
- if the medicine needs the roots of goldenrod, they are dug out only towards the end of autumn.
Young flowers contain the maximum amount of nutrients, and therefore are valuable for traditional medicine.
Indications for use
In what cases is it possible to use goldenrod? The plant treats many diseases, so it is included in various herbal preparations. The composition of this plant is so rich in nutrients that it can overcome the following ailments:
- bronchial asthma,
- sexually transmitted diseases,
- male impotence
- many outdoor skin diseases
- dental diseases of a dental nature,
- mechanical damage and injuries
- purulent inflammations
- catarrhal infections
- some pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract,
- the presence of toxic substances in the body,
- urological diseases
However, all these pathologies are very serious; therefore, traditional methods should be combined with drugs and recommendations indicated by the attending physician.
A tablespoon of this herb is placed in a glass of boiling water and set to warm in a water bath for a quarter of an hour. Then removed from heat and sent to insist in the dark for at least three hours. After this time, the decoction can be used. The medicinal properties of goldenrod in broths are as follows:
- with internal consumption, they drink a fifth cup of cooked medicine per day (it removes stones and salts, and is also useful for jade and other abnormalities in the functioning of the kidneys),
- External compresses from this plant are considered effective for many skin diseases, including eczema psoriasis.
Making tea from goldenrod
Put a teaspoon of dried inflorescences on a cup of warm water, then put it on the stove and wait for the mixture to boil. Give a little brew, no more than three minutes. Use with caution, three cups per day are considered the maximum amount.
Medicinal properties of goldenrod in teas:
- relieves pain and inflammation in the throat,
- shows antioxidant properties
- lowers acidity in the body,
- promotes the withdrawal of sputum from the lungs,
- is a preventive measure of inflammation and various colds,
- it is better to confine one cup of tea a day for people suffering from any heart disease.
This drink has a pleasant taste and gives a good flavor.
Preparation of tincture
The tincture is prepared in the following proportions - half a liter of vodka is used per hundred grams of dried goldenrod. This mixture is tightly twisted and placed in a dark shelter. The product can be used in about a month. Drink fifteen grams mixed with water. The medicinal properties of goldenrod in tinctures are as follows:
- helps with impaired blood circulation,
- contributes to the rapid healing of fractures, as well as facilitates the general condition in case of joint diseases,
- treatment of external skin pathologies is recommended,
- improves health with diarrhea.
A couple of tablespoons of goldenrod flowers are mixed with a glass of pure water and infused for about five hours in a dark, cool place. There are two options for making an infusion - this is the use of water at room temperature or boiling water.
Medicinal properties of goldenrod in the infusion without boiling:
- restores the proper functioning of the stomach and intestines,
- normalizes the kidneys,
- treats gout,
- copes with male deviations - prostatitis and adenoma.
Action on the body in the second case:
- aims to eliminate dental diseases,
- relieves sore throat.
Making Honey from Goldenrod
The direct preparation of honey from the goldenrod, just like any other honey, takes place using the activity of bees. They are not against eating the nectar of this plant, so getting the right product is not difficult.
Action on the body external use of this drug:
- local compresses are applied to get rid of skin diseases,
- removes excess puffiness.
Action on the body for internal use:
- indicated for angina,
- copes with sinusitis
- eliminates a runny nose, even chronic
- recommended for meningitis
- Allergy sufferers and people with inflammation of the stomach or intestines should not be consumed.
Not only does the goldenrod have healing properties. Contraindications are also available. Goldenrod has some toxic properties, so the treatment with this herb is not suitable for everyone. Before using it as a medicine, it is imperative to examine all the available contraindications:
- pregnancy and breastfeeding,
- age restriction, the use of preparations of goldenrod is not allowed for children under the age of fourteen,
- acute renal diseases and renal failure,
- diabetes mellitus, insulin dependence,
- acute inflammation in the stomach,
- allergic to this plant
- high blood pressure
- swelling due to irregularities in the heart,
Particular attention should be paid to the dosage, because its excess can lead to such serious consequences as the destruction of kidney tissue, provoke protein or blood in urine.
Goldenrod: landing and care
Goldenrod does not cause much difficulty in growing. However, it has its own characteristics concerning planting, further germination and reproduction:
- this culture easily takes root in the area filled with light rays,
- loves loose soil, full of fertility, although it can grow on depleted lands,
- sow it in late spring or closer to summer at a steady temperature above twenty degrees of heat,
- three weeks after planting, you can find small sprouts, but full-fledged inflorescences can only be obtained in a year,
- adult plants are able to reproduce on their own, without human help,
- if the seedlings are planted, then special attention is paid to its quality, the goldenrod must be provided with a strong branched stem with large, clean leaves,
- artificial breeding of the bush is another method of reproduction (in this case, the new plant will have all the properties that were given maternal, this procedure is carried out in spring or autumn),
- cuttings are also used in breeding goldenrod (they cut off either root shoots or young tops and root them in a pot filled with a mixture of sand and peat).
The medicinal properties and the use of the goldenrod are very wide, and the plant does not require special care, as it is completely undemanding. But in order for this plant to grow and bloom in time, to have a healthy appearance, it is worth making some efforts:
- if the weather is dry, the culture needs to be watered from time to time,
- tall stems are tied to a support so that they do not break,
- so that the goldenrod does not seize the whole land plot, after withering all the inflorescences are immediately removed, until the seeds have ripened and spread,
- additional fertilization is not required, it is good if the soil is fertile by itself,
- cutting the stems by a few centimeters helps fight frost,
- if the leaves showed traces of powdery mildew, the treatment with decoction of horsetail will help to overcome this disease.
Goldenrod will not only help to heal many ailments, but also will be a wonderful decoration of the garden, you only need to monitor its growth and carry out simple care activities.
There are several types of goldenrodHowever, the most popular and common are the goldenrod (the golden rod) and the Canadian goldenrod. The second is a more ornamental plant, which is used for landscape design. The plant is up to 150–160 cm tall. This species is very similar to the ordinary one: a straight, steady stem, diverging to the side of the upper part, light green or dark green stems (shade varies depending on climate and location), linear leaves with pointed tips.
The lower leaves of the plant reach a length of 5–12 cm. The upper leaves are shorter (4–9 cm). The flowers are small, yellow, have one pistil and 5 stamens. The fruit of the golden rod is a seed. The plant blooms in the middle or end of summer, usually in July - August, and the fruit comes in late summer or early autumn.
Gardeners consider the Canadian goldenrod an unpretentious plant. It can grow in almost any conditions, but feels best in sunny locations. The plant has a feature - rapid growth. It grows very lushly and has spreading stems, so for planting the goldenrod you need to choose a large area.
Planting, care and collection of goldenrod
The main methods of breeding of the goldenrod are vegetative and seeded. Some gardeners are advised to cut rhizomes or cuttings. Preparing the soil for planting is not required, as the goldenrod is an unpretentious grass. To plant a goldenrod, you need:
- Prepare the seeds for planting.
- In the pre-dug holes in the soil place the goldenrod seeds at a distance of 20-30 centimeters from each other. This should be done at the beginning of spring.
- The elevated part will appear in the autumn. Then you need to cut it at a height of 5 cm from the ground surface for better grass growth.
- Water the goldenrod.
- Apply organic fertilizers that have a positive effect on grass growth.
One of the most important advantages of the plant is the absence of pests infecting the goldenrod.
In the second year after planting the plant will bloom. Then you can collect it and use it as a decor of a bouquet or creating a medicine. It is important to remember that the rhizome has no medicinal properties, and you should not pull out the plant along with the root. The best thing cut off the aerial parts and inflorescencesthat have the maximum amount of beneficial properties and therapeutic effects.
It is necessary to stop the choice on incompletely opened inflorescences, in which substances useful for the organism accumulate. In addition, if you leave blooming inflorescences on the stalk, you will increase the likelihood of seeds, which can later be used for replanting. If you are going to use the stem as a medicine, you need to process it well before use, grinding it into flour.
This medicinal plant is capable of:
- Effect on stones with urolithiasis or diseases of the kidneys and bladder.
- Not only improve kidney function, but also increase the urine's acidic environment. Anti-inflammatory effect.
- Rid man of diseases such as cystitis, prostatitis and other urinary ailments.
- Used in the treatment of prostatitis, impotence and other ailments of the male reproductive system.
- Reduce capillary permeability.
- Cure thrush.
- To get rid of cholelithiasis and stomach diseases.
Useful properties and contraindications can be clarified with a doctor. Goldenrod has almost no contraindications. The only feature of the plant - slight toxicitytherefore, you should not use drugs with goldenrod in large quantities.
Medicinal properties and contraindications
- The plant has an antibacterial effect, has a positive effect on the immune system.
- Fights herpes and flu.
- Used in the treatment of liver, stomach and kidneys. Especially often used for gastritis.
- It affects the bladder, treats cystitis, urinary incontinence.
- Effectively treats sexually transmitted diseases.
- It has a positive effect on the skin.
- Often used in traditional medicine and veterinary medicine.
- Used in the treatment of gout and rheumatism.
- Cleans the blood.
Golden rod is not fully investigated by scientists. Talk about contraindications should be with your doctor, who can determine the intolerance of the drug and the possibility of combining it with other drugs. It should not be consumed during lactation and pregnancy, as well as with individual intolerance to the drug.
Types and varieties of goldenrod
In addition to the golden rod, healing properties have:
- The two-colored goldenrod is a wild species, the stems of which are not so tough and durable. Flowers have a light yellow or white shade, less often - bright yellow. Often the plant is painted in two colors, due to which the species has such a name.
- The bluish-gray goldenrod is a grass of extraordinary beauty that has interesting inflorescences. The plant depends on the climate, so it practically does not grow in the CIS countries. It can be found in cold areas of the United States.
- Dzintra is a sort of pride of Belarus. The height of the grass is 50-60 cm. Flowering is short, lasts only a month. This plant is considered decorative due to the beautiful inflorescences with bright small flowers and dark green shiny leaves.
The golden rod is an amazing plant.with various beneficial properties. It was loved by florists, gardeners and doctors. The plant has bright flowers, which makes it possible to decorate garden plots and bouquets, and these flowers have remarkable medicinal properties that allow the plant to be used in various fields of pharmaceuticals and medicine.
A bit of history
Virtually all varieties of goldenrod are from the United States, where, even during the times of colonization, Indian tribes used it as a medicine that accelerates wound healing. Given this fact, merchants quickly mastered its shipments across the ocean, and sold in European countries at a very high price. After some time, it turned out that the goldenrod began to grow independently in European countries, thereby causing a decline in interest in his person, but now thick golden-grass stands began to have a decorative character, adorning the vacant land sites of various nobles!
The most common types of goldenrod:
This plant is capable of reaching enormous for its type of size, up to one and a half meters in height. The leaves of this variety also have impressive dimensions, reaching 15 cm in length. It was this variety that was one and a few varieties that became the progenitors of the modern species of large goldenrod. For all other indicators, the Canadian goldenrod practically does not differ from its usual counterpart, except for the absence of toxicity, which favorably distinguishes it from other varieties.
The plant is not common in culture, and is a wild species. Stems of this species do not have sufficient rigidity, which provokes the sagging of their tops, especially during the flowering period. The inflorescences themselves have a reed shape in white, and a tubular shape in light yellow, for which the species itself received its name.
Bluish Gray Goldenrod
This species is remarkable for its flowering period, which begins in late autumn and ends in early winter. This feature makes the plant dependent on warm climatic conditions, which served its spread in the United States, especially in states with hot climates, and excluded its free distribution in the territory of the CIS countries.
Collecting and harvesting
When collecting, consider the fact that the roots of this plant do not carry any value, and are not used in the main and most popular medical recipes. As for the above-ground part of this plant, then mainly inflorescences are used here, and the harvesting begins only during the early flowering period, preferably in the middle of summer, when the flowers are saturated to the maximum with useful substances. In addition, you should give preference to not fully blossomed inflorescences, as the "mature" flowers, even when cut, can turn into seeds. The stem itself is also suitable for making tinctures and powders, but due to its rigid structure, it requires separate processing, followed by grinding into flour!
Broth for chronic nephritis
To prepare you will need 2 tablespoons of ground inflorescences, which must be poured 500 ml of boiling water, followed by 10 minutes infusion in a water bath. After 10 minutes, you should strain the resulting broth, and let it brew for an hour. Take the resulting liquid 4 times a day, in portions of 100 ml, before eating food,
The composition of the grass of the goldenrod ordinary (life-giving grass, spool, golden rod, golden grass, scrofula, golden heart, redberry, cedar, core, mother of bread, life-giving grass) includes the following biologically active substances:
- organic acids (quinic, etc.),
- saponins (virgaursaponiny),
- phenol carboxylic acids and their derivatives (caffeic, chlorogenic, hydroxycinnamic),
- phenolic and polyacetylene compounds
- coumarins (esculin, esculetin),
- flavonoids (narcissin, isorhamnetin, rutin, quercitrin, quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, kaempferol).
Other substances contained in the golden rod:
- inflorescences: carbohydrates and related compounds (polysaccharides, including arabinose, galactose, xylose, glucose, rhamnose),
- fruits: fatty oil.
The plant is used in traditional medicine, as well as in homeopathy. Pharmacy name - Solidaginis herba (grass of the golden whip).
For the purpose of treatment, leafy upper parts of stems with inflorescences are used, the harvesting of which occurs during flowering. The herb has a slightly aromatic odor and a spicy, bitter-astringent taste.
Goldenrod has a pronounced diuretic, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effect. Due to these properties, the plant is widely used in the treatment of chronic diseases of the bladder and kidneys, especially often with urolithiasis, urinary disorders in the elderly (urinary retention / involuntary urination), albuminuria, hematuria, prostatic hypertrophy.
As a result of experimental studies of the plant flavonoid complex, its pronounced diuretic and hypoazotemic properties were revealed. The decoction of the goldenrod does not have stone-dissolving properties, but increases the secretory-excretory function of the kidneys, affects the acid-base balance and water-salt metabolism. At the same time, an increase in phosphaturia and an increase in urine pH are observed, while oxalaturia and uraturia are reduced / eliminated. Thus, the goldenrod can be prescribed in pi therapy and prophylactically for oxalate and urate kidney stones.
In the British Herbal Pharmacopoeia, grass of the golden rod is included as an antiseptic and diaphoretic. In Germany, the plant is widely used in the treatment of inflammatory urological diseases, in combination with other plants - for diseases of the veins.
In folk medicine, water preparations (decoctions / infusions) from the aerial parts of the plant are used as an astringent, diuretic, expectorant, diaphoretic, hemostatic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, wound-healing agent in the treatment of various diseases, including diabetes, pulmonary tuberculosis, acute respiratory diseases, rheumatism , gout, arthritis, diarrhea, enteritis, colitis, menorrhagia, leucorrhea, prostate hypertrophy, acute laryngitis, sore throat, eczema, diseases of the bladder and kidneys, ascites, bile Petrified disease, bronchial asthma. Goldenrod extract is recommended for brain edema. In Belarus, the plant is used for skin tuberculosis, in the Caucasus, in Siberia and Komi - for scrofula. In the Caucasus, alcohol tincture from the underground part of the plant is also used as a wound healing agent.
Inflorescences of the golden rod as a powder are used in traditional medicine as a wound healing agent. In Komi and Siberia, they are prescribed (as a decoction) for hepatitis and ulcerative cystitis, in Moldova and Belarus (externally mixed with cream, butter or pork fat) for rheumatism, skin tuberculosis, burns, dermatitis, and white hair.
In combination with other plants, the goldenrod is used for impotence, prostate adenoma, chronic prostatitis, and frequent pollutions, and externally for eczema and acute laryngitis.
Infusions from the golden rod in the traditional medicine of Bulgaria are prescribed as a remedy for chronic kidney diseases, including inflammatory processes, stones and sand in the kidneys, albumin in the urine, as a diuretic remedy for rheumatism, disorders of uric acid metabolism, edema and gout. Fresh leaves gruel is used externally for the treatment of purulent wounds and boils. For the same purpose, dry leaf powder mixed with low water quality can be used.
Goldenrod seeds in Chinese traditional medicine are used for blood thinning and swelling of the intestine. Also, seeds are used for cholera, wounds, diarrhea, menstrual disorders.
In Tibet, the above-ground part of the goldenrod is used in the treatment of neurasthenia and jaundice.
Golden rod is a part of various complex medicines - Antiprosten, Prostaforton, Inkonturin, Prostamed, Prostanorm, Fitolysin, Saburgen and others.
The essence of inflorescences in homeopathy is used for the treatment of nephritis, asthma, arthritis, diathesis, skin diseases.
Homemade Medications of Goldenrod
- Infusion (general recipe): 1 tbsp. l raw materials for 500 ml of boiling water, infusion time - overnight in a thermos, method of application - 3 times a day 30 minutes before meals for 2/3 cup,
- infusion (therapy of gastritis, stomach pain, urolithiasis, prostate adenoma): 1 tbsp. l raw materials for 200 ml of cooled boiled water, time of infusion - 4 hours, method of application - 3-4 times a day before meals, 1/4 cup,
- decoction (jade therapy, for dissolving stones in the bladder and kidneys): 2 tbsp. l raw materials for 500 ml of water, method of preparation - boil for 10 minutes over low heat, then infuse for 1 hour, method of application - 4 times a day 30 minutes before meals, 100 ml,
- decoction (treatment of sore throat, sore throats, bleeding gums, used for rinsing, has anti-inflammatory and expectorant properties, helps reduce sputum formation): 3 tbsp. l raw materials for 200 ml of boiling water, method of preparation - heat in a water bath for 20 minutes, cool for 10 minutes, method of application - rinse with warm broth 3 times a day after meals for 1/2 cup,
- tincture (external treatment of fractures, skin diseases, purulent ulcers): 6 tbsp. l raw materials for 0.5 liters of vodka, method of preparation - insist, daily shaking, for 30 days in a dark place: method of application - in the form of lotions.
Education: First Moscow State Medical University named after I.М. Sechenov, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, is provided for informational purposes and does not replace the official instructions. Self-treatment is dangerous to health!
Everyone has not only unique fingerprints, but also a tongue.
During life, the average person produces as many as two large pools of saliva.
During sneezing, our body completely stops working. Even the heart stops.
In order to say even the shortest and simplest words, we will use 72 muscles.
With regular visits to the tanning bed, the chance of getting skin cancer increases by 60%.
Cough medicine "Terpinkod" is one of the top sellers, not at all because of its medicinal properties.
There are very curious medical syndromes, for example, obsessive ingestion of objects. In the stomach of one patient suffering from this mania, 2500 foreign objects were found.
The first vibrator was invented in the 19th century. He worked on a steam engine and was intended to treat female hysteria.
A person taking antidepressants will in most cases suffer from depression again. If a person copes with depression by his own strength, he has every chance to forget about this state forever.
Human bones are four times stronger than concrete.
Falling from a donkey, you are more likely to break your neck than falling from a horse. Just do not try to refute this statement.
It used to be that yawning enriches the body with oxygen. However, this opinion has been refuted. Scientists have proved that with a yawning, a person cools the brain and improves its performance.
If you smile only twice a day, you can lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
Dentists appeared relatively recently. As early as the 19th century, it was the responsibility of an ordinary barber to pull out sore teeth.
American scientists conducted experiments on mice and came to the conclusion that watermelon juice prevents the development of atherosclerosis. One group of mice drank plain water, and the second - watermelon juice. As a result, the vessels of the second group were free from cholesterol plaques.
Unpleasant feeling of puffiness significantly overshadows a beautiful baby waiting period? Let's see why the nasal mucosa is swollen, and how you can relieve it.
Bath of goldenrod
Take 50 grams of dry goldenrod, not necessarily crushed, and large fractions will do. Next, boil it in 10 liters of water, followed by tincture for 2 hours. The resulting liquid is added to the bath, and take it for at least 30 minutes. This method is great for people with eczema, psoriasis and even cutaneous tuberculosis,
Oil for the accelerated regeneration of the skin
Take a few tablespoons of dried inflorescences, which are mixed with sea buckthorn or olive oil. The resulting mixture is applied to small wounds and skin eczema, for a period of 15 minutes. The procedure is carried out 1-2 times a day, until complete healing. Refrain from imposing this mixture on extensive wounds, as this not only will not give the desired effect, but can also provoke suppuration, and even irritation of damaged tissues,
Alcohol tincture of goldenrod
It is used for uncontrolled urination and disorders of the bladder and gallbladder, as well as stagnation in the kidneys. Here you will need ground stems of goldenrod, in the amount of seven tablespoons. Next, the stems must be poured 500 ml of vodka, it is highly recommended to use the best quality vodka. The resulting substance tightly covered with a lid, so that vodka has not evaporated, and insist in a dark place for three weeks. At the end of this period, drink the tincture once a day, in the amount of one teaspoon, slightly diluted with water. In addition, such a tincture treats scurvy relatively effectively, for which it is necessary to take a teaspoon of the described tincture, and dilute it with 200 ml of tea with honey. The resulting liquid can be drunk up to 5 times a day,
Goldenrod when cleansing the body from accumulated toxins
Take 2 tablespoons of goldenrod blossoms, put them in a saucepan, and pour 600 ml of boiling water. Next, turn on the quiet fire, and cook the mixture for 5 minutes. Next, pour the boiled mixture into a thermos, and leave it to infuse for an hour. After the required time, the drug is consumed in 70-80 ml, 4 times a day,
Other uses of the goldenrod
During the colonization of the United States, the American Indians used the goldenrod in the manufacture of yellow paint, which had a relatively high resistance to environmental conditions. In addition, some varieties of goldenrod contain rubber fibers, the use of which is advisable in the absence of third-party sources of this material. As for official medicine, here the goldenrod is added to preparations aimed at preventing the urinary system, mainly the male population. There are also some creams and ointments aimed at combating acne, but such ointments are very small, or their composition contains goldenrod only as a secondary element.
The goldenrod is the highest native of North America. You can find it in the desert areas, in the prairies among the high grassy thickets, forest glades and wet meadows, as well as on the roadside. And despite the fact that the plants belonging to this species, for the most part grow in wooded areas, they are intolerant to shady areas.
You can learn the highest goldenrod by pubescent straight stems and solid simple foliage. The height of the stem can reach 1.8 m. The inflorescences are colored lemon-yellow, have the form of baskets, which consist of small (about 2-3 mm) flowers, gathered in tassels. The length of one such inflorescence is about 35 cm. The flowering period is in August and lasts about a month and a half.
Goldenrod highest among the first representatives of its kind became a garden culture
The goldenrod hybrid is a species that unites a rather large part of the hybrid varieties. And the main among them is the Canadian goldenrod, whose birthplace is also considered to be North America.
The Canadian goldenrod is a herbaceous perennial plant, the stem of which can reach 2 m in height. It is not completely pubescent, but only 2/3, the lower part at the base is bare. The leaves are green, oblong-lanceolate. Numerous baskets are collected in panicles, their dimensions are about 35 cm.
Canadian goldenrod is characterized by lush flowering and looks great in flower beds and bouquets
Homeland daurskogo goldenrod is Siberia. It is possible to find a plant of this species in meadows and in forests, as well as on stony slopes and pebbles.
In height, this plant barely reaches 1 m. Its stem is simple, strong, only inflorescence is branched. Stem leaves have short petioles; those located in the basal area have long petioles. The leaf plate can be oblong, lanceolate or ovoid.
Dahurian goldenrod has small baskets, which are collected either in a simple brush or in a narrow-metal inflorescence
Goldenrod wrinkled is another North American. You can find it in the marshland, in the bog, among the wet meadows and on the roadsides.
In the wrinkled goldenrod, the stem is smooth and straight, its height is about 2 m. The shoots are reddish-brown in color, the rhizome is creeping. The leaves are oblong-oval, at the edges there are cloves. The leaves are located all over the stem, with the exception of the root area.
The goldenrock wrinkled with yellow flowers blooms and it happens a little later than in other species - in September.
The goldenrod (Solidago virgaurea), or the golden branch, or the golden rod, is an herbaceous perennial plant whose height can range from 0.3 to 1 m. The stem is pubescent and leafy, weakly branched only in the upper part, can have a reddish tint. Rhizome pivotal, woody and short. The leaves are pointed, ovate or oval, toothed at the edges, located in the lower part of the stem - on the petioles, in the central part and at the top - sessile and smaller. Inflorescences are paniculate or racemes, each with several baskets consisting of small bright yellow flowers.
The flowering period of the goldenrod ordinary begins in July and lasts until September, after which fruits appear in the form of seedlings with a tufted on the tops of the stems. The fruit has a cylindrical shape, ribbed. Fruit formation ends in October.
The golden rod grows in European countries, in Central Asia, Scandinavia, the Mediterranean, as well as in the Caucasus and in the western part of Siberia. It is found in the European part of Russia.
It is possible to detect goldenrod on forest edges and dry glades, on the slopes of hills, among shrub thickets, in coastal river zones and on meadows
Goldenrod is famous for its beneficial properties. As the medicinal raw material, its aboveground part is used: more often the upper parts of the stems, leaves and inflorescences, less often - rhizomes.
Good to know! Harvest grass during flowering plants - from July to September, the rhizomes are harvested exclusively in the fall. Сушат, собрав в пучки и развесив в тени либо на сквозняке. Готовое для использования сырье имеет горьковатый привкус и ярко выраженный пряный аромат.
На сегодняшний день лечебные свойства золотарника обыкновенного изучены не полностью, но при этом довольно многое установить все же удалось. And contributed to this information regarding the chemical composition of this plant.
- flavonoids - rutin, camperol, quercetin, etc.,
- acids - organic, ascorbic, nicotinic, phenolcarboxylic,
- essential oils,
- traces of alkaloids,
The roots of this plant are composed of inulin, fruits - fatty oils, inflorescences - galactose, arabinose, glucose, xylose and carbohydrates.
Positive effect on the body
The golden rod, with proper use, can be of great benefit. Among the properties of this herb:
- wound healing
- pain reliever
Thus, the use of goldenrod may be quite justified in the treatment of various diseases. So, this herb helps clear the lungs of sputum and thus relieve an attack of cough in bronchitis. With the help of drugs of this plant, you can also significantly alleviate the condition in asthma and contribute to the speedy recovery for pulmonary tuberculosis.
Grass golden rod shows very good results in the treatment of inflammatory processes of the gallbladder, as well as the stagnation of bile. Moreover, pain in such conditions is removed on the first day of therapy. In addition, agents based on goldenrod are often prescribed when it is necessary to remove sand from the kidneys, remove puffiness, cure involuntary urination and pyelonephritis. In conditions associated with renal and gallbladder dysfunction, alcohol tincture is usually used. Also, preparations of goldenrod show a rather high efficacy in edema, which arose against the background of heart disease.
On a note! Preparations of the goldenrod ordinary so well cope with the removal of excess fluid from the body that often the indications for their use are such complex states as swelling of internal organs and even the brain!
The healing properties of the golden rod grass are used for the treatment of liver diseases. Plant preparations help relieve inflammation, clean out toxins and start the process of regeneration of damaged tissues.
Goldenrod can be very useful in diabetes. It improves the course of metabolic processes and contributes to the normalization of blood glucose levels. Moreover, this property of his can be used not only in diabetes, but simply when sugar is hanging.
The curative properties of the goldenrod become common in digestive disorders. Due to its astringent action, herbal preparations quickly stop diarrhea, and this causes the removal of the cause that caused the problem. As a result, the pathogens die, and overall well-being improves markedly.
The grass of the golden rod has found quite wide application as a wound healing agent. With its help, you can prevent the risk of infection of the damaged area and speed up the regeneration of the skin. In addition, her preparations do an excellent job even with purulent wounds and ulcers - they quickly cleanse, remove purulent masses and tighten the wound. Dermatological problems such as psoriasis and eczema, as well as furunculosis can be direct indications in this case.
On a note! In the latter case, the leaves of goldenrod are usually used - they are soaked in clean water and applied to the affected area for a while!
The goldenrod shows quite good results in the treatment of respiratory infections, herpes and flu. It helps to reduce the intensity of symptoms, relieves angina, laryngitis and stomatitis. At reception of means on the basis of the given plant noticeably quickly improves the general condition, appetite is normalized and the metabolism is stimulated.
Goldenrod removes excess salts from the body, normalizes acid-base balance and increases the secretory function of the kidneys.
Use in traditional medicine. Recipes
In various cases, the grass of the golden rod will have different uses. For example, it is taken orally in the form of tea, tincture or decoction, it is also possible to use the extract. As for external therapy, compresses and lotions will be needed here.
- From edema, dropsy, pyelonephritis, pulmonary tuberculosis, asthma. In this case, use the infusion of herbs, which is prepared according to the following recipe: 2 tablespoons of dried raw materials must be poured with two cups of boiling water and left for 3-4 hours. After this time the tool is filtered. Take ready infusion 50 ml three times a day before meals.
On a note! This infusion can also be used to rinse to treat sore throats and stomatitis!
Contraindications and side effects
The golden rod is capable of displaying very powerful medicinal properties, but since some toxic substances were found in its composition, it also has certain contraindications.
- First of all it concerns the period of pregnancy and lactation.
- In addition, taking the drugs of this plant is prohibited for glomerulonephritis in both acute and chronic form.
- Direct contraindications include allergic reactions and idiosyncrasy.
Reception of any means of goldenrod must always be coordinated with your doctor. At the same time it is always necessary to observe the prescribed dosages and in no case do not exceed the daily rate. In case of overdose, the appearance of protein and blood in the urine is possible.
Use the gifts of nature wisely and be healthy!
What it is
Goldenrod (golden rod) belongs to the family of Compositae. This is a perennial herb with erect stem, oblong, sharp leaves.
The healing and beneficial properties of the goldenrod are used in intestinal diseases and intestinal bleeding, but above all as an excellent remedy for kidney diseases. Flowers and leaves relieve fever, and since it acts as a diuretic, it is recommended for all diseases of the kidneys and bladder.
The chemical composition of the goldenrod includes alkaloids, ethers, saponins and tannins, which determine the healing properties of the rod. This plant dissolves stones in the kidneys and bladder, has a strong diuretic effect, has antiseptic and wound-healing effects, and is used as an astringent and anti-inflammatory agent.
Infusions of this herb are used for cholelithiasis, kidney and bladder diseases, for tuberculosis, diarrhea, long-term healing of infected ulcers and wounds, dermatitis, dropsy, gout, for the treatment of prostatitis and prostate adenoma. It is also effective for cleansing the blood, when the gums are bleeding, normalizing the body's metabolism, enuresis and inflammation of the urinary tract.
On the basis of goldenrod a significant amount of medical preparations was developed - cefasabal, antiprostin, saburgen, prostamed, solidago compositum.
Apply goldenrod grass to grass and externally - crushed and dried leaves are applied under dressings on infected ulcers and wounds. For washing purulent wounds and for bone fractures, a decoction from the ground part of the plant is successfully used. Infusion is good to use for rinsing the mouth with sore throat, for healing loose gums and eliminating bad breath.
• To prepare the infusion of goldenrod, you need to pour 2 teaspoons of the golden rod grass with one glass of cooled boiled water and leave for 5 hours. Take 50 ml 3 - 4 times daily before meals for kidney disease.
• 2 tablespoons of herbs brew 300 ml of boiling water, to insist 20 minutes. Take 100 ml as a diuretic 4 to 5 times a day.
• 1 tablespoon of goldenrod herb pour 200 ml boiling water and leave for 20 minutes. Strain and use externally for rinsing the mouth and washing infected wounds and ulcers.
• Rub dry rods in your hands and sprinkle on non-healing purulent wounds. The course of treatment for 3 - 4 weeks. This powder can also be mixed with sea buckthorn or olive oil and simply lubricate skin diseases.
• For broth, take 1 tablespoon of dried grass, pour a glass of boiling water, put on a slow fire and boil for 5 - 7 minutes. Then let it brew for 3 hours, filter and take 50 ml 3 times a day to dissolve kidney stones and treat chronic nephritis and pyelonephritis.
• To prepare a bath with goldenrod, take a bunch of herbs (about 50 g), pour 3 liters of water in a saucepan, boil for half an hour over low heat, draw for half an hour, filter and pour this broth into a bath with warm water. It is used as a wound healing agent and for dermatoses.
Procurement and contraindications
It is necessary to harvest the goldenrod during its flowering (June - August), cutting off the entire above-ground part and drying it in a well-ventilated room in the shade.
Due to the fact that the stems of this plant are very hard and they have to be threshed for a long time, some healers recommend collecting only inflorescences.
It is advisable to harvest still unblown inflorescences, so that during drying there are no plant seeds.
Goldenrod is considered a poisonous plant, so you should consult with your doctor and strictly follow the dosage when taken orally. It is contraindicated in pregnancy, breastfeeding and individual intolerance.
Herb in folk medicine
Traditional medicine today is very popular. People use different herbs to help in the treatment of certain diseases. One of these healing herbs with many positive properties is the goldenrod.
Goldenrod or Goldenrod (Solidago virgaurea) is a well-known herb of the Astrova family. The name itself, translated from Latin into Russian, means "golden rod." The people of this plant has many other names: bush, distillery, voronets, grabeks, rabbit down, zolotnik, golden feather, gold-cushion, deciduous, boron down jacket, farmer, etc.
Goldenrod owes its origin to Canada. After all, it is here that the Canadian Goldenrod grows. The plant was brought to Europe by travelers. The North American version of Goldenberry is less toxic than its European brother and is large, reaching two meters in length.
In biology, goldenrod has the following description:
- Short woody rhizome
- Stems are straight, up to 100 centimeters high, red-yellow color
- The leaves have an elliptical shape with serrate edges and the same veins
- Yellow flowers with a diameter of up to 15 millimeters in the form of baskets on the top of the stems
- The fruits are cylindrical
- It blooms from late spring to early autumn
Goldenrod grows in the forests of the Caucasus, Western Siberia, Scandinavia, Central and Atlantic Europe and the Far East. By chemical composition, this plant contains organic acids (quinic, caffeic, horogenic, hydroxycinnamic), flavonoids, coumarins, phenolic and polyacetylene compounds. Goldenrod herb is of paramount importance as a means of traditional and traditional medicine, veterinary medicine and homeopathy. This plant is also used as tanning and dyeing agents in red, yellow and brown. It is not recommended to graze livestock in areas where Goldenberry grows, since poisoning is possible due to the presence of strong toxic properties, increased excitability or death.
In ancient times Goldenrod was used as a hallucinogenic agent for carrying out ritual processions and establishing contact with the other world through trance. From the point of view of pharmacology, goldenrod is of great value because it is a raw material for the production of medicines.
The special role of goldenroth was taken by folk medicine.
Gold leaf feather infusions and infusions from the upper part of the plant were used as:
- Cough drops
- Anti-inflammatory drugs
- Healing agent
- Means for treating sexually transmitted diseases
- Means for removing stones from the kidneys
- For the treatment of asthma, diabetes, tuberculosis, acute respiratory infections
- To reduce brain swelling
The root portion of the goldenrod is used for:
- Means to accelerate wound healing
- Treatment of skin diseases
- Burn treatment
- Reducing the effects of ulcers and hepatitis
- Increases male libido and sexual activity
- Relieving intoxication after poisoning
- Relief of menstrual disorders
- Treatment of urological diseases
- Removing diarrhea in domestic animals
In addition to the positive properties of goldenrod, it is necessary to know that any drug or component of its preparation is toxic. In this regard, it is recommended to observe precautionary measures and not to use it independently without special knowledge. The use of plants by pregnant women is strictly prohibited. From the point of view of pharmacology, goldenrod is a very valuable plant. A large number of drugs are made from it for the treatment of many diseases. Thanks to its activity, goldenrod helps in the manufacture of medicines:
- Cystium solidago. It is used in the treatment of urinary canals and the elimination of kidney stones.
- Essential oil. It is used in the treatment of the respiratory tract.
- Gildrolat. It is used to relieve acute skin irritation and the effects of burns.
- Immunomodulators. Used to treat the effects of acute infectious diseases.
In addition to the manufacture of drugs in pharmacology, goldenrod is used in folk medicine as a decoction for the treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. It should be remembered that its use is contraindicated for pregnant women, since it can lead to abortion with possible complications.
To prepare the broth, you will need one tablespoon of chopped goldenrod and five hundred milliliters of boiled water. The drug is infused for two days and taken two hundred milliliters four times a day, half an hour before eating.
Thus, it can be stated that Goldenrod is one of the most important medicinal plants, whose role is invaluable in current conditions, since all its possible properties have not yet been studied.
And because the application in everyday life should be the most accurate and only with the appropriate experience.
Goldenrod is a medicinal plant from the Astrov class. In the people the flower is called boshberry, hare down, a crook and a scoop. Goldenrod unpretentious blooms for several years in a row.
Externally, it can be recognized by a yellowish-red stem with many branches reaching half a meter in height. The leaves are elongated, with a serrated edge and pointed at the end.
Flowers are distributed in the upper part of the stem and have a bright yellow color. Reproduction occurs at the expense of fruit seeds.
Benefit and therapeutic use
The bright yellow flowers of goldenrod contain a large amount of alkaloids, flavonoids, essential oils, tannins, resins, chlorogenic and coffee acids. This medicinal plant has a beneficial effect on the entire body as a whole and copes well with various skin diseases and diseases of the kidneys and liver.
Золотарник улучшает обменные процессы в организме, чистит кровь и оптимизирует ее состав. Свежие цветы растения используются для лечения ран, отеков и язв. The tincture of flowers and leaves is used in the treatment of urolithiasis, cardiovascular and gastrointestinal diseases.
In addition, the stems and leaves are used in the form of decoctions, which prepare the means for rinsing the mouth and nasopharynx.
Juice of leaves and stems are used in cosmetology in the treatment of acne, psoriasis, eczema and other skin diseases.
In folk medicine, the goldenrod, or golden rod, became widespread thanks to its properties that are beneficial to the immune system. On its basis, infusions, decoctions, teas, extracts are prepared.
Goldenrod honey is also very useful, especially in case of kidney and liver diseases. In addition, it raises the human immunity and is indicated for use even for small children.
In folk medicine
On the basis of it they are preparing decoctions. They are most useful for kidney disease: sand and small stones can be removed from the body. To do this, you need to prepare a decoction in the following proportions. On a glass of boiling water add 1 tsp. crushed grass of goldenrod. Cover and let stand for 4 hours. Then strain the broth and drink in small sips of 3-4 tbsp. l three times a day on an empty stomach. If you feel the bitterness characteristic of the broth, add 1 tbsp. l honey and a little lemon juice.
When the disease of the gastrointestinal tract an excellent way to deal with the disease can be a decoction of the goldenrod, consisting of 2 tbsp. l herbs and 0.5 liters of boiling water. To insist such a decoction is recommended in a thermos. Drink a course for a month each time a glass before meals.
For the treatment of acne and strong purulent lesions on the skin, you can make a wonderful cleansing lotion. It is perfect for all skin types without exception. Its soft formula penetrates deep into the pores and in a short time significantly reduces the rash of acne. Those that are, are reduced in size.
For lotion, you will need dry flowers of goldenrod (2 tbsp. L.), They will need to be poured with a glass of boiling water and boiled on a steam bath for 10 minutes. Then strain and cool. Lotion to wipe the face with a cotton pad along the massage lines. Particular attention should be paid to the place of acne.
You can make this lotion regularly and use it if necessary. The rest of the time stored in the refrigerator in a dark glass container.
For fluxing or inflammation of the mouth, a mouthwash can be prepared. In its qualities, goldenrod has analgesic and antibacterial properties. Take 1 tbsp. l dry grass and brew a glass of boiling water. Let it brew for 10-15 minutes under a closed lid. Cool to room temperature and strain.
Rinse your mouth every time you feel pain during the day.
During the epidemic of influenza or SARS, along with traditional methods of treatment, teas based on leaves and stems of goldenrod can be used. Such a vitamin and very useful tea can be an excellent preventive tool in the fight against these viral diseases.
To prepare it, take 1 tbsp. l dry grass of goldenrod and add 1 tbsp. l dry leaves of raspberry and black currant. Pour herbs in a thermos and pour 1 liter of boiling water. Let it brew for 2 hours. Before use, strain and add a little lemon juice and honey.
For prevention it will be enough to drink tea for 10 days, 2 cups a day. If the disease progresses, you should use this tea three times a day for a week.
It is also important to comply with bed rest and apply dry heat. Because currant leaves and raspberries create a warming and antipyretic effect; it is advisable to wrap up with a warm scarf or handkerchief and thoroughly sweat under a blanket.
The herb of the goldenrod has an antibacterial, disinfecting, anesthetic and vasodilating effect, with the result that the cold quickly retreats.
Plant Goldenrod - description, photo
Goldenrod (golden or yellow blossom) is a herbaceous perennial of the Astro family, whose Latin name translates as “health giver”. Homeland plants - North America, but it has spread worldwide.
This fragrant ornamental grass is tall (up to 200 cm high) and dwarf (not more than 40 cm in length). The stem is longitudinal, straight, and ends in a brush-shaped inflorescence with flowers of golden color up to 10 mm long. Outwardly, the blooming gold cushion resembles garden mimosa.
The roots are fleshy, large, but located close to the ground surface. Perennial leaves are long with notched edges, oval or oblong. Fruits - seeds of a cylindrical shape with a length of 4–5 mm. Fruiting begins in September, immediately after flowering, which continues throughout the summer months.
Yellowflower - unpretentious and tenacious plant. He prefers silty or clayey soils in areas of water bodies, in clearings and in forests. Moreover, one individual is able to produce 10–11 thousand seeds per season, of which 90–95% will grow.
The genus of the plant includes more than a hundred species, the most common of which are:
- coming down
Yellow flowers are used in veterinary medicine and the chemical industry, but they are most widely used in traditional medicine and homeopathy.
What are the benefits - medicinal properties
Official medicine classifies the herbaceous perennial to the class of strong diuretics, but the rich chemical composition of the goldsmith determines the much wider medicinal use. The healing herb has such properties:
- antiseptic and bacteriostatic,
- wound healing
- hypoazotemic (reduces the level of ammonia in the blood),
Perennial contributes to the normalization of metabolic processes in cells, tissues and organs, removes toxins, toxic substances and salts of heavy metals. The grass is not able to dissolve stones in the kidneys or the gallbladder, but it activates the secretory functions of the organs of the urogenital system, normalizes acid-base balance and salt metabolism.
Regular intake of the plant helps to increase immunity, improve appetite and normalize metabolism.
The medical plant is used to treat:
- Bronchitis and cough due to the ability to remove phlegm from the lungs. Also improves the condition of the patient with bronchial asthma and tuberculosis.
- Inflammatory processes in the gallbladder, bile stasis.
- Kidney disease - pyelonephritis, the formation of sand, involuntary urination.
- Congestion and swelling of the internal organs (in violation of the heart and other functional systems).
- Diabetes and elevated blood glucose levels. Due to the ability to normalize metabolic processes in the body, the grass reduces blood sugar levels.
- Diseases and pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract. Yellowflower quickly stops indigestion, improves the microflora.
- Injuries, cuts, wounds and burns due to the wound-healing effect. The grass prevents the risk of blood poisoning, removes pus and tightens the wound on the skin.
- Diseases of the genitourinary system (uncontrolled urination, urolithiasis, sexually transmitted diseases, impotence, normalization of the menstrual cycle).
- Dermatological diseases (eczema, psoriasis, acne, furunculosis).
- Diseases of the upper respiratory tract and respiratory organs against the background of viral infections (rhinitis, antritis, throat diseases).
- Fungal diseases (vaginal and oral thrush).
Zolotushnik is used to restore immunity and strength after a long illness, operations or heavy physical exertion. The healing herb will help to get rid of and prevent the negative manifestations of seasonal allergies, to eliminate intoxication after food poisoning.
Treatment with goldenrod at home
In folk medicine, yellow flowers are used internally: in the form:
- tinctures (water or alcohol),
- medicinal tea
To make tea, in 1 cup of pure water, 5–7 g of crushed dried grass is added, put on the fire and brought to a boil. Drink infused only 2-3 minutes, then it can be optionally filtered and drink.
The broth is prepared according to the same principle, but it is infused for 1.5–2 hours and consumed in smaller quantities - 2 tablespoons 3 times a day. Even longer in the water keep yellow flowers when preparing the infusion - not less than 7-8 hours. Drink it 3-4 times a day for 120 ml.
An alcoholic tincture of jaundice is prepared in large volumes: 70 g of dry grass is taken for 0.5 l of alcohol or vodka. Mixture insist 20-25 days in a place protected from sunlight. The finished product is taken by 0.5 teaspoons diluted with water.
External use is the imposition of lotions and compresses, taking a bath with a decoction. Dermatological diseases are treated with creams and masks with the addition of perennial powder.
The golden rod is a honey plant, therefore honey from the nectar of the plant flowers will also have a healing effect on the body. Together with currant berries, it is used to treat liver pathologies, and diluted with elderberry decoction - it is designed to fight pyelonephritis.
Real honey from goldenrod (light brown or amber) remains liquid for up to 2–3 months. It has a pronounced bitter taste, very fragrant.
Effectively relieve the symptoms of diseases and treat the cause of dysfunctions of the body of the drug, prepared according to the following recipes:
- From pyelonephritis. The juice of half a lemon and 100 ml of broth hips mixed with 200 ml of liquid honey from the goldenrod. Take every day for 1 dessert spoon before meals.
- For the treatment of prostate adenoma. A glass of cold water is poured over 10 g of dry perennial inflorescences, stirred, infused for 12-14 hours. Then infusion filter and drink on an empty stomach sip during the day.
- Remove the sand from the kidneys will help regular reception of a decoction of 7 g of dried inflorescences in 220 ml of purified water. Take the drug for an hour before each meal.
- To improve the work of the stomach. 10 g of perennial dried flowers are filled with 2 cups of boiling water and allowed to brew for no more than 7-8 hours. Take ready infusion 4 times a day, 100 ml.
- Against acne, acne, dermatological diseases. In a small container pour 2 tsp. golden dried flowers, pour 1 cup of water at 90 degrees. Let stand for 1.5-2 hours, then strain. Compresses or lotions from the perennial infusion are applied to the affected skin for 15–20 minutes. This broth is used as a lotion for rubbing. The procedure can be repeated daily.
- For treatment of angina, it is recommended to gargle with a decoction of 30 g of dried perennial inflorescences per 200 ml of boiling water.
- For the treatment of pneumonia. In tea from goldenrod add 1 tsp. Honey from the medicinal honey plant and drink during the day 30-40 minutes before meals.
How to prepare raw materials
For the preparation of suitable not only ornamental species, but also wild plants. In the production of homeopathic medicines, only fresh yellow flowers are used.
The best time for the preparation of raw materials - from July to mid-September, when the gold is blooming. It is recommended to choose not fully bloomed inflorescences, cutting off the top 25–30 cm of shoot. Roots for traditional medicine are used less frequently. They are dug up later in the middle of autumn.
Plants are washed, collected in bundles of 5-6 pieces and dried away from the sun in the open air, hanging on a rope or in a pallet. Another convenient method of drying, which provides uniform ventilation, is on hanging cants made of gauze.
At night, the blanks are cleaned into the room. At home, the grass can be dried in the oven or a special dryer. The dried stems are ground to a powder.
Raw materials are considered ready for use when they acquire a pronounced spicy aroma and become bitter in taste. If the yellow glass changed its natural color and burned out, it means that the drying conditions were violated.
How to store
Dried raw materials are stored in bags of paper or thick fabric for no more than 1.5–2 years. It is best to choose a dark, cool place for storing gold powder, where the temperature does not rise above 30 degrees Celsius.
Fresh flowers and yellow flowers are recommended to be kept in the lower part of the refrigerator for no longer than 20 days.
When storing raw materials at home is recommended:
- Observe temperature, humidity and light levels.
- Keep track of shelf life.
- Regularly check the quality of raw materials - the grass should not be wet, contain traces of mold and mildew, have an unpleasant smell or unnatural color.
Perennials should be stored separately from other medicinal herbs, because the herbal collection, compiled in free proportions, can be toxic.
How to apply for treatment
From medical raw materials in industrial conditions produce not only powder, but also essential oil, hydrolates, homeopathic immunomodulators.
On the basis of the goldenrod are manufactured and manufactured drugs:
- Solidago (for the treatment of chronic pyelonephritis, diseases of the urinary tract),
- Marelin (against kidney stones),
- Saburgen (against inflammation of the urinary tract, the fight against pathologies during bladder emptying),
- Antiprostin (to fight prostate adenoma),
- Prostamed (facilitates bladder emptying and strengthens its function),
- Fitolysin (for the treatment of urolithiasis),
- Prostamol (treatment of prostate gland pathologies).
Features of the growth of the "golden" plant
The golden rod is very unpretentious, therefore it is distributed practically throughout the entire territory of Russia with the exception of the regions of the extreme north. By the way, her homeland is Canada. It is from this country with a climate so similar to ours, the rod was delivered first to Europe, and then to Russia. The plant is able to endure both intense heat and torrential rains.
In addition, it is not sensitive to cold, its rhizome is able to withstand low temperatures and give young growth every spring.
The period of its flowering stretches from May to September. At the same time, small pea seeds ripen in the inflorescences from June.
Goldenrod is very unpretentious
Goldenrod found its application not only in medicine, but also in beekeeping. Bees adore collecting nectar from a plant, from which goldenrod honey and perga are subsequently produced. And the rabbit fluff, in its turn, is pollinated thanks to the striped hard workers and butterflies fluttering from flower to flower.
Due to the wide distribution and unpretentiousness of the plant among the ten most popular honey plants.
Honey lovers are advised to try also rape honey. It has a sharp, but not repulsive odor. The taste is tender, however, it can leave a bitter mark, resembling the taste of mustard seeds. The taster feels it for a long time.
Prefers a rod yet sandy soil. Her favorite places are forest edges, meadows, fields, cuttings and vegetable gardens. Due to the rich list of healing properties, the goldenrod is actively used in pharmacology as a raw material for many drugs that are prescribed primarily for the treatment of urological diseases.
Golden rod and its medicinal properties and contraindications
The plant of goldenrod has not only medicinal properties, but also is capable of causing hallucinations when it is used in large quantities. For this reason, before it was taken before the rituals and sacraments for "communication with the spirits," followed by entry into a state of trance.
The composition of the inflorescences and leaves include:
- phenolic compounds
- chorogenic, quinic, hydroxycinnamic and caffeic acids.
Fruits are high in fatty oils, and in xlose and glucose inflorescences.
Goldenrod contains many useful substances.
Among the medicinal properties of the herb of goldenrod can be noted disinfecting, expectorant, diuretic, analgesic, antispasmodic and antipyretic. In addition, the plant effectively heals wounds and fights against inflammatory processes in the body.
But in addition to the beneficial properties, the goldenrod may also be contraindicated in patients due to the high content of toxic substances.
It should not be taken by pregnant women, nursing moms, allergies, and those people who have phosphate salts and stones in their kidneys. Before use, it is advisable to consult a specialist. And during treatment it is necessary to strictly observe the dosage.
Goldenrod Honey: Useful Properties
As mentioned above, the goldenrod belongs to the plant honey plants. Honey from the goldenrod has a very thick texture, soft amber color and a specific smell. For the newly harvested honey character is a sharp bitterness, which softens after a while. The product crystallizes according to honey standards for quite a long time: after 4-5 months.
Honey from the goldenrod has a number of useful properties, because it not only collected all the most valuable of the plant, but also acquired additional qualities when processed by bees.
The most effective product is considered for the treatment of:
- urological infections and kidney diseases,
- it is used as a basis for compresses and masks for dermatological problems,
- регулярное употребление такого меда повышает тонус организма и делает его более крепким, что помогает эффективнее справляться с болезнями.
Мед из золотарника очень вкусный и полезный.
Укрепить организм помогут и листья брусники. Cowberry leaf tea is an excellent preventive medicine against many viral diseases, perfectly strengthening the immune system and saturating the body with a variety of vitamins and trace elements.
Benefit and harm
Due to its medicinal properties, the goldenrod is used as a base for tea, decoctions, tinctures, tinctures, steams and compresses.
Goldenrod is used in the following cases:
- Especially effective decoctions of grass with diseases of the genitourinary system. Along with bearberry, the golden rod of grass has a very powerful diuretic healing property. It is regularly taken for 1.5-2 weeks. It contributes to the fragmentation of stones and their removal along with salts. But, as mentioned above, the golden rod does not apply to phosphaturia and the formation of phosphate stones,
- Excellent tool coping with candidiasis and cystitis in women,
- In men, the plant treats prostate adenoma and urethritis. In addition, it has a beneficial effect on potency, which is extremely important for men who are well over 40,
- Doctors often prescribe medications based on goldenrod with ureaplasmosis. Especially in those cases when the disease is already running, and against its background a whole bunch of other diseases of the genitourinary system have already developed,
- Essential oils of inflorescences and fruits of the seeds of the golden rod are part of many medicines that are used in respiratory diseases,
- When freshly harvested, the grass is ground to a slurry and allowed to stand for a couple of hours. After a heavy selection of juice, this mixture is applied. to boils and boils. The same compress can reduce swelling,
- Tea from the golden rod serves an excellent means of preventing colds,
- It effectively cleanses the body and copes with the inflammatory processes of the digestive tract,
- Broth plants rinse the mouth and throat to get rid of from sore throat, stomatitis and their consequences.
You will learn more about the benefits of goldenrod from the video:
By the way, the decoction is quite easy.
It will require:
- 2 tsp. crushed dry grass,
- 600 grams of water.
Water is heated and brought to a boil. In a separate container, pour out the grass and pour boiling water over it. After cooling, the future decoction is placed in a cool room for a day. Then it is filtered and taken orally 3-4 times a day on an empty stomach. The oral cavity they rinse 6-7 times a day after meals and after brushing. To rinse in the broth of goldenrod add oak bark and sage.
The herb of the goldenrod has found wide application in medicine due to the small list of contraindications and a large set of healing properties. The plant can be purchased not only in a pharmacy in dried form or as part of preparations, but also collected independently. It is recommended to collect only the inflorescences and leaves, because the stems at the rod are too hard and fibrous, and the violation of the integrity of the rhizomes will lead to the death of the entire bush.
The most favorable period is considered the period from June to July. At this time, seeds are already beginning to form, which will add some useful substances to your medicine.
It is best to dry the plant in a natural way in the sun. After drying, it is placed in a dark and warm closet, where the goldenrod is waiting for its high point.
Properly harvested goldenrod retains all healing properties.
Many widely apply the practice of growing plants in their gardens. It not only supplies its owners with stocks of medicinal herbs, but also looks beautiful in the country from an aesthetic point of view.